Author Topic: Rewriting the Future: A DecaDynasty of Dreamers (Five Toddlers!)  (Read 19379 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Rewriting the Future: A DecaDynasty of Dreamers
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 01:18:18 PM »
I remember waking up that Sunday morning, thinking to myself, I should go visit the Wishing Well.  I was also thinking about visiting Darren's house to see if he was home afterwards but I wanted to wish for luck from the well in hopes that something might happen.  Over breakfast, I had mentioned to my mom, Mariana Matlapin, about my tentative plans.  She knew that Darren and I had hit it off on our earlier encounters.  She told I was too much of a romantic but she wouldn't hold me back. 

I couldn't believe my eyes when I got out of the car to see Darren standing there at the Well.   I knew that he hated being outside as much as he loved to paint so I just never thought I would see him near a park.  We spent most of the day chatting, talking and flirting next to that Well.   I can also say without a doubt that Darren is a great kisser.    He made my heart flutter with his words and his eyes.   Then when he got down onto one knee, I thought I would just melt into the earth from happiness. 

He didn't even bat an eyelash when I told him I wanted to go talk to my parents.   Both of his parents had been dead for a little while now but I think he understood the bond we shared.   We got into his Tofunda and drove to my house but neither of my parents were home.   He was very patient while I called my Mom to find out her location.  She was right down the street at the diner having a late lunch.  I told her I wanted her to meet someone and to stay put.

At first, I think Mom was a little hesitant as she was trying to be nice but at the same time, I think she was worried about this artist dating her daughter.  Moms try to be open-minded but the moment someone with a stereotype goes near their children, open-mindedness goes out the window.  They spoke for a few minutes about politics and art.  The more charismatic of my parents was getting her socks charmed off.

Darren: "Mrs. Matlapin - I know that we've only just met and all but I have something very serious I wish to ask you."
Marianna: "Mrs. Matlapin was my mother-in-law.  I told you to call me Marianna.   What do you need to ask me, Darren?"

Darren: "Please Please please may I have your daughter's hand?  I know her answer but we need yours.  I'm crazy about her and I think she's crazy about me.  I'll be a good husband.  I'll give her everything she could ever want."
Marianna: "Including the 5 children she dreams about?"
Darren: "I'd give her 15 children if that's what she wanted."
Marianna: "Darren, I like you.  She likes you.  Her father will like you.  Yes.  You two have my blessing."
Darleen: "Woohoo!"

After that we all went to dinner to discuss the move and wedding plans.  We wanted to wait a day or two as I wanted to get settled in and actually set up for a wedding.   I didn't want any city hall ceremony out in front of the diner.  I wanted a real wedding party with cake and a dress and of course, Darren said yes.

That night as our clothes became meshed into one dresser/closet, we had fun dressing each other up with some new clothes.   I changed my hair just a little bit to what I think is a more adult hairstyle.  I also got a job as a singer.   I thought I heard Darren getting off the phone with someone when I got home but we went to bed together.  He told there was a surprise coming for me in the morning.

When I got up, Darren was in the living room walking around to put things in their place.   I noticed a whole bunch of new pet things that hadn't been there.   Then my eyes caught some movement near the kitchen.   There he was trying to climb up into his food dish, this little blue, green and pink kitten.  Darren was watching me.  I couldn't help but smile.  He had gotten me a kitten!  We couldn't start our human family until after we were married but he had taken a step in the direction of making us one already.  I knew I loved this man.   I also knew just what to name my new little fluffball.... Dirk.

The cat really did come with that coat.  As soon as I saw it at the shelter I had to have it since it was a paint job from Artie's Dynasty.  I think he'll fit in nicely.    I can't decide what type of way to tell this story.  Part of me wants to do "the voice" style that I'm used to and part of me likes the challenge of making it a story.    We'll see how long it lasts.  I just want us all to enjoy it.

Makeover Time!  Some of the clothes they came with weren't that bad so I decided to keep them but I tweaked a few of the others to my liking.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 01:58:49 PM »
I love this Deca-Dynasty! It's so fun, since were including classic TS2 favorites. Darren Dreamer was one of my favorites in TS2, and I still enjoy playing with him. (I've been regressing back down to TS2 lately). Dirk looks a little like Artie decided to paint Polanco, and not the canvas, just saying! The flat face and fluffiness has a lot to do with it. ;D

Is Dirk the same breed as Polanco?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2012, 10:19:59 AM »
I was waiting for someone to do this, and I'm glad it's you. I never played the Sims 2, so I don't have experience with the Dreamers... But I do love the idea of fighting the future.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2012, 08:51:42 PM »
I love this Deca-Dynasty! It's so fun, since were including classic TS2 favorites. Darren Dreamer was one of my favorites in TS2, and I still enjoy playing with him. (I've been regressing back down to TS2 lately). Dirk looks a little like Artie decided to paint Polanco, and not the canvas, just saying! The flat face and fluffiness has a lot to do with it. ;D

Is Dirk the same breed as Polanco?

Actually they don't really look anything alike.   :P  Dirk is fluffy but he's shaped a little strangely as a kitten but it evens out I think on his birthday. As for his breed, I think it said mixed when I got him so it's no telling in the game.  He reminds me more of one of Pam's cats from her DecaDynasty.  His face isn't flat at all and you'll see that once he ages up in an update.  Thanks for reading Jeana!

Thanks to everyone else as well.  I really appreciate the support as I try a different writing style than what I do on a day to day basis with the red guy.

Now that Darleen and I are starting our life together, it's like I see some things in a different light.  When she asks me to watch the stars with her, I don't even think twice about the fact that we have to do it outside.   I even find myself playing with Dirk out in the sunshine while we chase each other around. 

I've also been feeling more family-oriented in a way.  Like I said before, I'm an artisit which means I get paid to paint.  I can tell that having a special woman in my life has made a change in me even during that special time when it's just me and the canvas talking.

Darleen quit her job at the theatre and became a professional singer.  Now instead of hanging out with band members, she runs all over town delivering sing-a-grams.   It's not glamorous and she doesn't like doing it alot but she says it's kind of fun to see people's faces when she's done. 

Even though we had her mom's permission, Darleen really wanted me to meet her father.  She also wanted to throw a party so we took care of the two birds with one stone.  It was a nice dinner party and I had a good long talk with her dad.  I can honestly say that we're friends now.  He also says that he's glad his wife gave us permission. 

The man has a wicked sense of humor though.  We were all enjoying the cheese plate that Darleen had prepared when he asks his daughter how long has she been pregnant.  I didn't know it was possible to choke on a grape until that moment.  Brayden King and Kitty Price thought he was hilarious as Darleen threw one of her grapes at him.  "Daaad!"

That night my friend Yolanda Shaw brought me her busted stereo begging to have me repair it.  I said I would if she would pay me the cost of the parts.  I had it fixed in no time and dragged it over to her house before the night was through.   When I arrived, I could hear screams coming from inside the door but there was nothing I could do.  I had no way of breaking down the door to see if she was ok.  I kept yelling for her to say something but I don't think she heard me over her own screams. 

It took me five minutes before I remembered that my friend Yolanda was very pregnant.  I should have known that she was probably in the middle of the home birth.  I've heard that it's better for the mother and child but not nearly as quick.  Maybe I should bring this up to Darleen. 

When I heard the exclamation that could only be happiness, I knocked again asking if she was OK.  She said she was and invited me in.  I was the second person in the world to meet little Grady Shaw.   I guess this means if my first child is a girl I know where to go to find her a date to the prom.  I just wish I knew who the father was.

After that life seemed simple and happy, I knew it was my last night as a single man.  And that didn't bother me a bit.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline sosobaggins

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2012, 10:54:16 AM »
Great story Rica and cute kitten

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 04:10:12 PM »
The writing here is inspiring. I'm following this.

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2012, 01:23:23 PM »
I love this, you are good at this kind of writing as well as your normal style Rica. :)  Darren and Darleen will have beautiful nooboos. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2012, 01:28:55 PM »
They say that a woman's wedding day is supposed to be the happiest day of her life.  I say mine was the first of many.  It didn't take us long to realize that we wanted some of the same things and with Darren's new way of looking at things he didn't mind that the wedding was going to be outside.   We had an arch and some chairs set up in the backyard.   Darren worked hard on a fountain display to go behind the arch for us.  It's my wedding gift.  He had part of the fountain colored in our two favorite colors: lilac and blue.

We both wanted a smallish ceremony with only my parents a few select friends over.  My parents were invited over early so that Mom could help me with my hair and dress.  Dad helped Darren with the setup in the back before helping him get ready.  I think Dad's idea of helping involved an entire bottle of nectar. 

Mom brought me my grandmother's diamond drop necklace to wear with my dress.   I just couldn't believe I was about to be married at the time.   Then the guests started arriving and I knew it was time to go meet at the arch.   I wish I could have taken a picture of Darren's face when I came out of the house for the ceremony.   However, I was too busy staring at this handsome man who was mine in close to every way possible.

The sun began to set as we ended the ceremony.  If you've never been to Lucky Palms during a sunset, then you're missing out.  The desert is painting with reds and pinks in such a spectacular way that it's hard to explain.  The moment we were husband and wife was simply magical.   I am now Darleen Dreamer. 

All of our guests seemed to enjoy the cake after the ceremony but I can't seem to remember the reception all that well.  Darren and I cut the cake and had some but afterwards we didn't really mingle.  I stole him to dance under the stars for a while.   Eventually we noticed that we were the only ones left on the property other than the cat.   He seemed to understand that it had been a special occassion and left all the humans alone that weren't specifically petting or brushing him. 

I could tell the moment Darren realized we were alone.  He started acting frisky and chasing me around the house which was slightly unfair considering my skirt.  I can't say that I didn't enjoy it though.

You know I would even say that our wedding night was so magical that I could have sworn we heard music as we fell asleep looking into each other's eyes.

Great story Rica and cute kitten

The writing here is inspiring. I'm following this.

I love this, you are good at this kind of writing as well as your normal style Rica. :)  Darren and Darleen will have beautiful nooboos. :)

Thank you all so much!  It really helps me to keep going in this style.  I'm afraid it doesn't come off as well as my sense of humor does the other way. 

And yes the lullaby was heard so we'll see about those beautiful nooboos very soon.   ;)

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2012, 06:18:05 PM »
Absolutely beautiful update, Rica! Darren and Darleen have two gorgeous nooboos in my file. One has the most amazing light brown eyes.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2012, 08:59:13 PM »
I had heard that people were supposed to get days off after a wedding but Darleen and myself did not.  Well I take that back.  I can have a day off anytime I want as I'm self-employed.  Darleen was still getting random Sing-a-Gram calls so she would run out to deliver it and then run back to be with me.   I was wrapped up in a painting when she made us our first dinner as a married couple.  It was a simple Autumn Salad but I still appreciated it.   In fact, we were cleaning things up when suddenly she did "The Twirl." 

I'm sure if I had been any other man, I would have just thought she was showing me a new move from work but I could tell by her face that I knew exactly what it was.  She was so excited.  I wanted a girl and she wanted a boy.  I think part of the reason I wanted a boy was because that old lady had told me I would have a son.  I want this life to be different and it will be different.  Plus I already have my son-in-law picked out so why not?

Darleen visited her friend Walker Sparks the next day.  He's a highly skilled local doctor and he was able to confirm that yes we were expecting our first child.  If Darleen found out what the sex of the baby was, she didn't tell me.   I also pushed for her to spend some time at the local spa.   She was still getting calls for sing-a-grams so she quit her job for the time being.

We both read the pregnancy books in order to prepare for the event.  I made sure she was totally pampered every step of the way.   One night we were surprised by the adult birthday of our little Dirk.   We never ignored the cat despite the fact that my wife was pregnant.  Our little funny colored pet was played with morning, noon and night like it was a schedule.  I had morning shift usually.   He grew up into a large fluffball instead of a small one. 

I was happy to see that his nose because a little less flat and his eyes are now discernible as one gray and one blue.  He's so unique to me.  I have plans to get him a friend.    Part of me is worried he'll feel neglected once the baby is born.   However, Darleen says she could never neglect her first child no matter that he wasn't from her own body.  Sometimes I think the hormones are getting to my wife though.

As the life grew with her, I marveled at the change in her body.   I was in awe of the power that women possess with the ability to make little people inside of themselves.  I think my wife could tell.  She told me once I smelled the first dirty diaper I wasn't going to be in such awe anymore.  She also reminded me we were going to do this several more times to get her 5 children or more.  Watcher knows how we're going to fit everyone into the house with us. 

(Caption: Darren- "Ahh! What do I do! What do I do!"  Cat- "How am I supposed to know.  I'm just a cat")

When Darleen cried out with the first pain, my brain stopped being attached.  It was no longer a working part of my body.  She screamed and I would scream.  She huffed and I would scream.  She crossed her eyes in pain and I would scream.  The cat looked a little put out by my actions but in a way I could tell he was amused by my situation.  You know how cats are.  Always looking at you with that look as if you are there for their entertainment.  He was getting his simoleons worth with me that night. 

After what felt like weeks but was really only a couple of hours, the sparkles of home birth we read about appeared.  My darling wife had quite the surprise waiting for me when she called me back to where we had placed the crib.   In fact, at one point, she had moved out the crib and pulled out two swings.  Yes that's right, we had twins.   

Saturday Night - Week 1 Day 7 - 11:32pm ; We welcome Donatello Dreamer and April Dreamer.    Our little Angels..

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Re: Rewriting the Future: A DecaDynasty of Dreamers (Wedding & Pregnancy)
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2012, 10:04:39 PM »
Welcome Donatello and April! The labor scene was so funny.  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2012, 05:25:04 AM »
Welcome, Donatello and April! The wedding was gorgeous, I never noticed how very beautiful Darleen was. :)

Offline Sutz

• Townie
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2012, 08:40:07 AM »
Yay! A TMNT fan! *punches the air*

loveSims

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2012, 08:57:56 AM »
Congrats with the twins! Now both of them had their wish come true. :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2012, 10:29:18 PM »
Yay! A TMNT fan! *punches the air*

I don't know what you're talking. ;)   I was hoping no one would get it until later.  It could have easily been Donatello the actual Renaissance sculptor you know which it was for all of 25 seconds before it pushed forward towards the turtles. 

Welcome Donatello and April! The labor scene was so funny.  ;)

Thanks!  With a picture like that, it's so hard not to revert to my usual writing style of commentary.  Sims just gives me so much good material you know?

Welcome, Donatello and April! The wedding was gorgeous, I never noticed how very beautiful Darleen was. :)
She really is isn't she?  Her face in the picture where she's holding Donatello is one of my favorites.  You can see how gorgeous her eyes are. 

Congrats with the twins! Now both of them had their wish come true. :)

Yes they did.  I was so excited.  I'm surprised none of you have asked who the actual heir is. 

Updates will be a little slow for this story just so everyone knows.   I'm playing it in spurts but my true passion for playing rests with my Immortal Dynasty file.  Artie and I are trying to get this thing wrapped before September 4th.

anything