Author Topic: Rewriting the Future: A DecaDynasty of Dreamers (Five Toddlers!)  (Read 19360 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Rewriting the Future: A DecaDynasty of Dreamers (Wedding & Pregnancy)
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2012, 12:21:49 AM »
I'm loving this story, Rica.  I think I actually like the third person writing style better.  It's easier for me to read than a lot of dialog.  I hope you keep going with it.  And congrats on the twins!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Sutz

• Townie
Re: Rewriting the Future: A DecaDynasty of Dreamers (Wedding & Pregnancy)
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2012, 09:44:48 AM »
I don't know what you're talking. ;)   I was hoping no one would get it until later.  It could have easily been Donatello the actual Renaissance sculptor you know which it was for all of 25 seconds before it pushed forward towards the turtles.

Oop. Oh dear, I'm sorry if I spoke out of turn.  :-[ Honestly I probably would have just taken Donatello as another 'D' name and not thought anything of it if his sister hadn't been called April. It's almost impossible to think of anything else if those two names are together. But if that wasn't an intentional reference, I apologise.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Rewriting the Future: A DecaDynasty of Dreamers
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2012, 09:59:19 AM »
Oop. Oh dear, I'm sorry if I spoke out of turn.  :-[ Honestly I probably would have just taken Donatello as another 'D' name and not thought anything of it if his sister hadn't been called April. It's almost impossible to think of anything else if those two names are together. But if that wasn't an intentional reference, I apologise.

Sutz you are perfectly fine and I appreciate that someone else gets my humor and way of thinking. No need to be embarassed or to apologize.  I'm grateful that you're reading and it's always nice to find someone else who can think like you can!  Some things just aren't funny when you have to explain them.  Know what I mean, Verne?

I have some toddler goodness coming just for you guys and I hope it makes you feel better Sutz. You did nothing wrong!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Rewriting the Future: A DecaDynasty of Dreamers (Twins' Birthday)
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2012, 10:30:26 AM »
It felt like I had just brought the twins into the world when it was already time for them to become toddlers.  Of course, it's not like Darren and myself hadn't been busy.  In fact, Darren agreed to expanding out family again right away.   He's known since the beginning that I wanted at least five children and he is more than willing to give me what I want it seems.

We found out the morning of the twins birthday that I was expecting once again.  This time neither one of us had a wish for boy or girl so we decided to leave it up to chance.   I enjoyed eating whatever I wanted and Dr. Sparks told me that everything was fine but kept the sex of the babies to himself.  We invited him to the twins birthday party.   It was only a few people in attendance.   The maid seemed more excited about the birthdays than any of the guests and that includes my parents!

Darren carried his baby girl while I was able to hold our little man at the cake.   Even though Donatello had been born before his sister, it was April who was taken by the sparkles first.  It's official that she has my blue eyes and I think that's my dark hair. 

Donatello has no hair but his eyebrows seem to be dark like Darrens and he has green eyes.  At first I couldn't remember where my little angel would have gotten green eyes from in our families.  I thought maybe it was Darren's side but he said he had mostly brown from what he can remember.

It was moments later as Darren was getting the kids properly dressed in some of their new clothes that I realized where I had seen green eyes before.  It was green eyes that I had seen all my life looking at me with love and kindness.   It was the same green eyes I found watching my children now with the same expression.  Although, my dad says it's much more fun to watch grandkids than children.  Grandkids can be left with their parents!

Darren struggled for a little bit but I never offered to take over as I watched him get the kids into their new clothes.   They had been picked out in colors we thought they would enjoy.  I know I'm probably a little biased but I think we have the cutest toddlers in Lucky Palms right now. 

I wonder what their little brother or sister will look like.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2012, 10:38:10 AM »
The twins are so cute but I do think you are being a meany leaving little Donatello with no hair. At least get the little guy a hat so his head doesn't get cold.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2012, 04:34:56 PM »
I love this story! I like your style of writing like this. and I LOVE the names. I've been a fan of TMNT since forever. And this makes me want Lucky Palms even more!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Rewriting the Future: A DecaDynasty of Dreamers
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2012, 06:54:38 PM »
Now that the twins were older we realized that the real parenting had truly begun.  Darleen still hadn't resumed her singing career so she was the first one to teach the children something.  Our little April didn't take very long at all to learn how to potty.    She was so excited when I came to cheer for her.  I can't wait until they learn to talk back so I can know what they're thinking behind their eyes. 

I don't want anyone to think that we put April first though.  Donnie was trained by me himself to use the potty just like his sister.  My wife (I love saying that) tells me that potty training had to come first if we wanted to teach them independence.   

Even though they had just become toddlers, the twins received gifts from an uncle that neither Darleen nor I remembered.  They're these odd looking dolls.  They seem harmless enough so we don't stop the twins from singing to them which is the most precious thing I think I've ever seen.    Of course all this happened on the day of their birthday.   I even managed to paint my way to mastering the skill before we sat down to teach the twins to talk.   

They were so cute as we tried to teach them new words.  Every now and then they would make the same face.   Darleen thinks it's funny when it happens and I'm not sure how I feel about it.  Seems to me they may have gotten my wife's stubborn streak.

It was during this family activity that the pain hit Darleen.   The twins weren't fully taught but both of us were in no mindset to finish the job.   Darleen was trying to not scream and alarm the kids.  I, on the other hand, couldn't help but scream and panic when I saw the pain in those beautiful blue eyes.   The children just watched me as I did this and laughed.   

Darleen and I had thought long and hard about what to name our children and due to our combined love of art we had chosen names of famous artists from the past once again for our new arrival.   We couldn't have been prepared for what actually happened though. 

After Leonardo, the pains kept coming much like when she had had the twins.

But after Raphael, they continued for a bit more.

Michelangelo was the last to be born as well as a complete and utter surprise.   

Three boys made five.  Darleen had the babies that she had wanted when we got married.  I guess I just never thought we'd get them all right away.   Omar called to tell me congratulations and that he and Marianne were moving.   I couldn't believe they would leave after their grandchildren were born.   Darleen got only a little more information out of her mother when they said it was a new development by GothCorp named Pleasantview. 

Eventually we got all the children situated into their own swings.  We were going to go buy more cribs tomorrow to accomodate them all.  That night as I held my wife close, I dreamed of the life I was going to give my five little angels.  So far I had changed the future but would the future stay changed...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sutz

• Townie
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2012, 07:14:20 PM »
I don't feel so bad for my TMNT comment now. XDDD I THOUGHT it was going this way! I can't wait to see what the three new boys look like as toddlers, especially little Leo. I especially love the colour-coordinated baby swings!

loveSims

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2012, 08:19:54 PM »
Congrats with the triples! Five nooboos will keep you busy lol. ;D

Offline Erythrocyte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2012, 12:55:55 PM »
Oh, wow, 5 nooboos at once! Thank goodness for the swings, eh? :)
Great start to the DecaDynasty, good job :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Rewriting the Future: A DecaDynasty of Dreamers (Five Toddlers)
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2012, 11:48:19 AM »
If it hadn't been for the swings that my parents had given us, I'm not entirely certain we would have survived the toddler times in our home.  Of course, when I'm feeling particulary teasing, I always remind Darren just wait until we reach the teen years.   He gives me one of those looks and disappears into a painting to calm himself.  Even with newborns, the twins got all of their training done.   The learned to walk in the backyard near the cactus garden that I'm hoping will one day change back into a pool.

Once they were taught all that we could teach them, I figured it was time for April and Donnie to bond with one another.  They say twins and triplets are in tune with one another's thoughts and feelings.  I had no doubt that my children were any different.   I would be feeding one of the littler ones and look to find the two of them chatting away in their own language at the block table.  I'll always wonder what it was that they were talking about.  For all we knew, the twins could be planning world domination while we weren't looking but I hoped not.

With five little chidren in the house, I started to feel that Dirk wasn't getting nearly as much attention as he was probably used to.  He seemed content to play around in the puddle of the backyard but I still wanted to do something more for him.   After some serious twisting of my sweetie, Darren agreed and called up the shelter to see what kind of companions they had available for our furry child.  Stiletto Dreamer was delivered that afternoon.  She's pure white and not as fluffy but she seems gorgeous to me.  Dirk also seemed to like her once they were done the sniffing and the pouncing.

Just in time for the triplets birthday, I had to go back to work.  I know it's not glamorous what I do but I've always enjoyed singing and I can't say that I don't enjoy meeting all the new people.   It's especially rewarding when I am able to get the machine to actually work right.  One of my biggest fears is that it will spark and catch my uniform on fire.  I've never mentioned this to Darren though.  He tries to be very careful with everything flammable.  He even found a way to make our home fireproof.  He said it was for the future and I assume he means so the children don't hurt themselves by accident.

The birthday party for the triplets was a slightly formal affair.  Darren and I have been in a constant state of half dress with three infants and two toddlers so we wanted to dress up a little.  Who could blame us? We even invited little Grady Shaw over.  He's already a child and looks a lot like his dad.  Or I assume it's his Dad because I don't think he looks like Yolanda at all.

Darren and I took Leo and Mikey to the cakes first and then I was able to get Raphael up there shortly after that.  it's hard to believe that those three little infants are now toddlers.   I wonder how Darren and I are going to survive this second round of training.

I guess we'll see.  Time to get the boys dressed in their favorite colors and check on the older two. 

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Rewriting the Future: A DecaDynasty of Dreamers (Five Toddlers!)
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2012, 12:01:01 PM »
One more picture for cuteness sake!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2012, 12:15:28 PM »
It's a good thing they all have different favorite colors!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2012, 12:20:37 PM »
It's a good thing they all have different favorite colors!

Actually Mikey's favorite color is orange but the others actually had the same favorite colors as their turtle counterparts from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  I thought it was hilarious personally.  I know I'm maybe going to regret having all 5 so fast but for now they're adorable.

FYI to my readers:  I'm in the middle of a game reinstall.  The Dreamers should be safe but I'm attempting to see if the memory leak will go away that I experience when playing my dynasty file.  Right now everything is installed EP/SP wise but I still have to redownload all of my store content, swap shop favorites and anything else that's missing after the fact.

loveSims

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2012, 12:39:17 PM »
That last picture is so cute! Happy birthday to the triplets. ;D