Author Topic: Living Outdoors  (Read 12193 times)

Teatoo

Re: Living Outdoors
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2010, 12:15:29 PM »
http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,1183.0.html

Here's the new topic, for anyone who'd like to see the family's progress. :)

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2010, 03:45:09 PM »
Oh thanks for putting up the pictures.  I so want to do something like this.  It is fun to have all the nice things for your Sims but the ones I have always become the fondest of are the ones who started out with nothing and had to do without for awhile, etc.  I spent a lot of time in Sims1 like that.  I didn't know cheats for a long time back then.  LOL

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2010, 10:33:03 PM »
The only cheat I knew back then was kaching.  I don't like using cheats and I don't use any CC or mods or anything and besides, I don't know how to do it and I don't want to know.  I have heard too many stories about bad things happening from all of that stuff.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2010, 04:12:50 PM »

Try adding raised mountain walls around the perimeter of your lot for privacy.  You need a three tile space for a door way that is in by three tiles so your mountain needs to have a bit of a jog in it to meet the true walls.  Inside this, now fenced in by mountains area, build "walls" of more mountains to make a "house".  The only true walls you will need are for the door to the outside world and for your bathroom.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2010, 04:24:31 PM »
That is a really interesting idea, Joria!

Offline Da Vinci

• Townie
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2010, 06:26:19 PM »
I've seen some Sims do a sponge bath in a sink when there's no tub or shower available, but it doesn't happen all the time so I'm not sure exactly what triggers the sponge bath interaction.  You could also travel and buy a tent and some Shower in a Can if you have World Adventures installed.  Another option is to use the public toilets and the showers at the gym.

That sounds funny.
"This is my maiden voyage. My first speech since I was the president of the United States and I couldn't think of a better place to give it than Calgary, Canada." --George W. Bush, as reported by the Associated Press, Calgary, Canada, March 17, 2009

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2010, 07:29:46 PM »
The few times I have seen them take a sponge bath, is when there is no bathtub or shower, now mind you, that was in sims2, I have not seen it yet in sims3.  Maybe just make a sim and put a sink in with no tub or shower, that should trigger them to do that and it should not make a difference what trait they are, when they get that moodlet, all sims want to be clean, except maybe the inappropriate ones or slobs.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2010, 12:40:21 AM »
The few times I have seen them take a sponge bath, is when there is no bathtub or shower, now mind you, that was in sims2, I have not seen it yet in sims3.  Maybe just make a sim and put a sink in with no tub or shower, that should trigger them to do that and it should not make a difference what trait they are, when they get that moodlet, all sims want to be clean, except maybe the inappropriate ones or slobs.

According to Simstar on the first page of this topic, the Inappropriate trait is needed for sponge baths.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2010, 11:44:00 AM »
According to Simstar on the first page of this topic, the Inappropriate trait is needed for sponge baths.
It is. I can confirm it and so has Carl here.

Nice idea for a house Joria! Could you then put a roof on top of that?
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2010, 04:08:13 PM »
It is. I can confirm it and so has Carl here.

Nice idea for a house Joria! Could you then put a roof on top of that?

I'm not sure but I think you need at least a few real walls to do it.  When I tried to cover the only gap in the wall I had to put up actual walls, put floor on top of the walls, and then put the roof on.  I'm not real good at doing a lot of this stuff so the only other way I can think of would be to use columns and flooring.

----------
My No Buy Story

maddyclyde9

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2010, 03:55:33 PM »
I have a neat trick I use for this  :)
Make a border, about 4 tiles thick, of pool! Then make tall mouintains all around your lot except for, oh, 2 tiles of entrance. Then, when a burglar attacks, you'll know for sure!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2010, 05:10:24 PM »
I've never had a burglar attack with my mountain walls and single door.  I lock the door to all but my family.  Of course, this makes it a nuisance when guests come to visit as you have to go open the door for them but it's good manners anyway.  Here's a screenie of a frustrated paper girl who wants to deliver right to my door step.

----------
My No Buy Story

Leto85

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2010, 06:02:27 PM »
The thing is, I'll have to keep going back for more shower in a cans, because they'll be starting with the normal amount of money and won't be able to afford an endless supply. I've decided to just make them inappropriate. I was thinking of making them hippies so they can just seem inappropriate to people who don't share their beliefs.  :D It actually sort of makes sense. This means I'll just need a toilet and a sink. Hopefully I'll start this family tonight. They're going to start with the normal amount of money and earn more to create a garden paradise. I've never really bothered with decorating gardens before so this will be interesting.  :) One of the Sims will be a sculptor and the other will be a gardener and a fisher. I'm going to try and make them survive in their garden with no help from anyone else or any other lots. I might post the family's story in the Share your Sims 3 Stories section. :)

I don't know if anyone else had say this before but you can buy shower in a cans in your own town when you've made a new building on a community lot containing some cash that are made for WA to buy tents and stuff. That way you can buy your own shower in a can in town.
I did that quit often, buy building a supermarket.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2010, 08:14:35 PM »
this sounds like a fun idea and I might have to try it next!  As far as the hygiene problem goes SLOBS don't care whats dirty (including themselves) and a toilet isn't necessary.. they can just pee themselves... sounds horrible though.  I might have to try this with Slob traits, but they will have to have a toilet!

:D

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2010, 10:46:02 PM »
I played two lots where they lived out of doors with basically nothing.  I had them get a part time job until the gardening kicked in and on their way home they just stopped at the gym for a shower, at work they used the restroom and ate.  Once she got stuff from the garden she ate that a lot.  It kind of got to be a routine and we did okay with no shower and potty or cooking area.  The funny thing is on both lots they stayed totally green all the way to the top, they were happy as can be and one of them wasn't even a love the outdoors.  I didn't make any of them slobs and they still liked it.  I moved one couple into a home as they acquired enough money and they never were that happy again.  Sometimes before work we ran to the gym for a shower.  We spent lots of time at the parks, etc. That helped.  They can also drop in on friends too.  It was a fun and different way for me to play.