Author Topic: Twinbrook Traits (Guide for Architects)  (Read 8501 times)

traitstracker

Twinbrook Traits (Guide for Architects)
« on: June 30, 2012, 10:21:42 PM »
Please note that the only traits provided are the ones that will help you in the architecture career. These traits will not be the same for people who have progressed through the game, as some children will gain more traits that you need to know and some people will cheat to change the adults' traits.

For reference as to what I mean by the website's architecture guide: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/careers/ambitions/architecturaldesign.php It's best to visit the architecture guide as it will tell you what each trait needs, like how evil people prefer less windows.

I know that being an architect can be very difficult. You have to befriend your clients, which can take a long time, so that you know whether or not there's anything you need to add or avoid based on their traits. The architecture guide on this website will help you find out which traits are important to note and what each one does. Here I've compiled a list of every resident (meaning they have a home) in Twinbrook who has an important trait for architecture based on this website's architecture guide (and the trait they have) as of the moment you open the game. I did not add in the traits based on the middle of the game due to the fact that a child in your game will not necessarily gain the same trait as what children in my game would gain, as it all depends on how you play the game and whether or not you play as that family. Plus, certain people in your game will end up dying fairly quickly, especially if you go to a party - a bunch of sims always die at parties for me! Remember, this list is based off of the very beginning. If you use certain cheats to change others' traits, this list will be of no use. If I were you, I'd print out this list and update it as you go. I only put in the traits that the guide tells you you need to know as an architect (i.e. artistic, hates the outdoors, etc.). Enjoy! :D This took me about an hour to make as I had to go through each household to see everyone's traits, so please don't hate on any mistakes I've made and please don't steal it (I know I could've used cheats to figure it all out, but I would have had to hang out with the person first and I figured this was the fastest and easiest way). Here you go!

The traits are in alphabetical order by first name in case any of these Sims get married to someone/someone else in your game.
Alma Drill: couch potato, bookworm
Amy Bull: artistic
Anna-Liza Riddle: bookworm
Beverly Castor: couch potato, snob
Bill Racket: hates the outdoors
Buddy Bailey: couch potato, artistic
Bunny Curious: virtuoso, easily impressed
Chase Bayless: loves the outdoors
Clark Peddler: easily impressed, frugal, evil
Deandre Wolfe: virtuoso, easily impressed, artistic
Dudley Racket: easily impressed
Dilly Pidgin: bookworm
Emerald Greenwood: computer whiz
Eva Drudge: hates the outdoors, technophobe, bookworm
Gala Ball: party animal, natural cook
Gwayne Bayless: loves the outdoors
Harwood Clay: artistic
Holly Greenwood: loves the outdoors
Lolly Racket: natural cook
Jeffrey Castor: evil, computer whiz
Jenni Jones-Brown: easily impressed
Julienne Knack: workaholic, natural cook, snob
Justin Kayes: computer whiz
Kat Hunter: party animal
Lang Gwydd: hates the outdoors, computer whiz, couch potato
Lenny Smith-Jones: couch potato
Marc Brandt: artistic
Marigold Racket: evil
Marshall Curious: workaholic, bookworm
Mary Baker: party animal, natural cook
Mary Racket: evil
Nick Knack: workaholic, can't stand art, loves the outdoors
Newton Baker: natural cook
Pattina Knock: natural cook, artistic
Penny Pincher: party animal
Phoenix Prudence: natural cook, frugal
Renee William-Brown: hates the outdoors
Rich Whelohff: workaholic, computer whiz
Robert Castor: can't stand art
Rosy Whelohff: technophobe
Scout Sergeant: computer whiz
Silver Racket: party animal, frugal, snob
Sinbad Rotter: evil
Skeet Bayless: loves the outdoors
Sofia Carlton: snob
Tay Bayless: loves the outdoors
Wei Keane: workaholic, computer whiz
Zo Whelohff: easily impressed, loves the outdoors

I have a feeling that if this post gets popular (which I doubt it will) people will ask me to give you the traits of people in other neighborhoods. Well, I don't have every game actually because I'm too young to have a job and my parents force me to buy Sims games myself. Plus, it took so long I'm not sure I plan on doing this ever again. If people really want me to, I might do this for Bridgeport and/or Sunset Valley, but don't expect me to do it without many people enjoying this post and without some time. I don't want to use up an entire hour of my life too often for this. Thank you for the support  :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Twinbrook Traits (Guide for Architects)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 11:33:45 PM »
What a helpful list! I haven't played an architect in a while, but I can see that this would be useful. Thanks for putting it together!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 07:11:35 AM »
Thank you! It is a great list.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 07:25:28 AM »
This is awesome! Do you mind if I do similar lists for some of the other EA towns? My architect is in Twinbrook and this will be very helpful for me. :)

traitstracker

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 12:46:02 PM »
This is awesome! Do you mind if I do similar lists for some of the other EA towns? My architect is in Twinbrook and this will be very helpful for me. :)
Feel free! But remember it takes a lot of time and persistence. By my fifth family I was on the verge of giving up, let alone by the time I was on my 29th! Plus, I realized I missed one family. I know all you asked was if you could add on to it, but I think you'll need to know this:
  • Make sure to write down which families you've done (or write down every family and do a check list)
    • Don't add in unnecesary traits unless you're doing a full traits guide. It'd take way too long, and I recommend you only use the traits from the architect guide since no others were proven (at first I underlined the ones I thought might influence something, like heavy sleepers need comfortable beds)
    • Remember even though kids won't be your clients anytime soon, they will be at some point (or at least a later generation's), so make sure to include them.
    You can do any town you'd like as I made this as a guide, not as something exclusive. And this goes for anyone. Just make sure you don't make the same one and claim that it was your work (even if you went through every family yourself, which would be just plain dumb) as that would make me pretty upset.
    Or, you could go through all the present families that haven't moved in yet and name their traits, though that is probably a waste of time.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 11:52:34 AM »
Feel free! But remember it takes a lot of time and persistence. By my fifth family I was on the verge of giving up, let alone by the time I was on my 29th! Plus, I realized I missed one family. I know all you asked was if you could add on to it, but I think you'll need to know this:
  • Make sure to write down which families you've done (or write down every family and do a check list)
    • Don't add in unnecesary traits unless you're doing a full traits guide. It'd take way too long, and I recommend you only use the traits from the architect guide since no others were proven (at first I underlined the ones I thought might influence something, like heavy sleepers need comfortable beds)
    • Remember even though kids won't be your clients anytime soon, they will be at some point (or at least a later generation's), so make sure to include them.
    You can do any town you'd like as I made this as a guide, not as something exclusive. And this goes for anyone. Just make sure you don't make the same one and claim that it was your work (even if you went through every family yourself, which would be just plain dumb) as that would make me pretty upset.
    Or, you could go through all the present families that haven't moved in yet and name their traits, though that is probably a waste of time.

I'm going to do it the cheating way, using an external viewer. ;) I should be able to start a clean game, load a list of all the resident sims and run a check for the traits that influence architecture. Full credit to you for the idea and I appreciate you not wanting to take the time, being able to use my workaround should make it easier for me.

traitstracker

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 05:00:04 PM »
I'm going to do it the cheating way, using an external viewer. ;) I should be able to start a clean game, load a list of all the resident sims and run a check for the traits that influence architecture. Full credit to you for the idea and I appreciate you not wanting to take the time, being able to use my workaround should make it easier for me.
That's pretty smart. When I was first thinking of the idea, I was thinking using testingcheatsenabled true I'd be able to know every resident and usually when I do that a glitch appears after a few 'days' where I know nearly all of their traits. I didn't really think of anything else and I found that by the time the glitch happened someone would grow up, so instead I did the long, hard way and constantly switched households without saving.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 11:26:43 PM »
Wow!  You definitely put a lot of thought into this, and it's very helpful!   ;D  I'll definitely be referencing this!

You found all of these traits by going through the game, I assume?  (You mentioned that you couldn't do other games that you didn't own.)  For future reference, sites like The Sims Wiki have a list of all the townies and NPCs that live in every town and clicking on a sim gives you their traits.

(Don't know if I'm being helpful or annoying.  I think that that's true of The Sims Wiki, at least.  Can't be positive.  I'll look in to it.)

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
  • Sims3 - because being omnipotent is fun!
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 08:16:29 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to put this list together, I appreciate the work it must have taken. It's actually incredibly well-timed for me, as I was just thinking that I'd like to create another architecture cahracter - I've remodelled most of the homes in Sunset valley now (I'm a control freak like that), and was thinking where to move on to next.... Twinbrook it is! And wow, some of them could really do with a good architect. And stylist.