Author Topic: Medley Immortal Dynasty, Take Two (Failed, Graveyard)  (Read 17788 times)

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
Re: Medley Immortal Dynasty, Take Two (Chapter 11)
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2012, 10:09:28 PM »
Thanks TallStar and loveSims! And thanks to everyone who reads without commenting, too. ;) Sadly, the nooboo will take a while to arrive, since I plan to wait for some of the spares to pass on before I bring in generation 3.

Author's Note: This chapter contains shots taken in an alternate game file. Also, I have a family tree of both dynasty attempts here.

Raven: When everyone arrived back safely from Egypt, Fiona headed off to deliver her photo of Abu Simbel, which was the last opportunity she needed. With all her requirements finished up, Jennifer got started on making the necessary Ambrosia.

Raven: Liam finished his Brushmaster challenge with his sixth brilliant painting, leaving only a handful of masterpieces before he has all his painting challenges done.

Raven: When Fiona got back, Jenny had a plate of ambrosia waiting (with many more plates stored in the replicator for later use).

Raven: Here it is, sweetheart. Ready for immortality?
Fiona: Ready as I'll ever be, I guess.

Fiona: Tastes like... I don't know. It's not fish, and it's not fruit. How can it not taste like anything that's in it?
Raven: Maybe for the same reason it keeps you alive indefinitely?

Raven: Speaking of being alive forever...
Fiona: Seven more to go.

Raven: Fiona reached immortality at age 81 in week 8, day 3 of her life in Starlight Shores.

Fiona: That night, I went to sleep beside my husband as I had for weeks before. I slept more deeply and dreamt more vividly than I can remember ever having done before. In my dream, Grandmother was still alive, though I didn't recognize where she was. It was a homey country-style living room, and a fire blazed in the fireplace.

Fiona: Before I knew what was happening, the fire leapt from the hearth and engulfed Grandmother as she panicked.

Fiona: In a moment that seemed to last an eternity, Grandmother faded to nothing before my eyes. As the mass left her, so did the panic, until she seemed utterly at peace with her situation.

Fiona: Grandmother drew me close once the flames died down and whispered in my ear. She told me that everyone was together in the netherworld, and they knew that I had made the first step toward bringing them back.

Fiona: She said that Uncle Cornell had made some progress in his scientific research in Appaloosa Plains before The Incident, and he wanted me to carry on in his footsteps. Grandmother handed me a book that she said would sort of magically transfer itself into my mind upon waking.

Fiona: I woke with the memory of my Grandmother smiling faintly at me from her hazy form. I am immortal, and I will save them.

loveSims

Re: Medley Immortal Dynasty, Take Two (Chapter 12)
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2012, 11:49:06 AM »
Congrats on your first immortal! ;D
Your pictures is very good, those with her grandmother are awesome.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2012, 12:14:18 PM »
Congratulations on your first immortal! Great job! :D

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2012, 04:03:30 PM »
Thanks loveSims and Roxanne! Glad people are reading and enjoying, even when I reuse my own story ideas here. ;) As a side note, this chapter marks the end of my buffer, so updates will no doubt slow down.

Raven: The couples arrived home from Egypt in time to attend Liam's graduation ceremony. He got Valedictorian and was voted Most Likely to Take Over the World, for some reason.
Liam: Maybe because I'm a genius?

Raven: A few nights later, Mandy joined the ranks of the elders after running an errand to the science facility. Sorry I forgot to get you a cake.
Mandy: It's not as if I'm excited to be getting old, you know.

Mandy: Ugh. These clothes.
Raven: We'll get you fixed up in a hurry.

Raven: Better?
Mandy: Better. But still not great. Can't they make anything cute for elders?
Raven: You're not the only one thinking that, hon.

Raven: As for her errand? She was taking 62-day old Codex over to cash in his clone voucher. Welcome, Xedoc!
(Author's Note: This puppy brought some lovely glitches into the household with him. Think “missing baby” glitch only with a puppy instead. He was showing up in the portrait on the main menu and in everyone's relationship panel as part of the family, but had no icon on the side of the screen. One eviction plus move-in later, and all was right again.)

Raven: Sadly, little Xedoc didn't have much time with his father. Two days later, Grim came to claim Codex after a much delayed appointment.

Raven: Goodbye, sweet puppy. You'll be missed dearly.

Raven: Grim didn't satisfy himself with taking Codex. He had to go and set up a trick on the pool table as well.

Raven: Serves you right!
Fiona: You do realize we'll have to deal with the Reaper for a long time here, right? Perhaps it would be best not to antagonize the entity that will be responsible for taking away generations of our loved ones.
Raven: :e-sigh: You're right, sweetheart. I'll just... ignore him, I suppose.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
Re: Medley Immortal Dynasty, Take Two (Chapter 14)
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2012, 09:29:38 AM »
Liam: Aha!
Raven: Congratulations on maxing your writing skill without ever writing a word! How does it feel to complete your lifetime wish?
Liam: Fulfilling.

Raven: As a sort of combination second honeymoon and celebration for becoming immortal, Fiona took Gary and Puzzle to China for a trip. However, Fiona seemed to be more interested in charming attempting to charm snakes than exploring with Gary.

Raven: Puzzle did pretty much nothing the entire trip. He lounged around the base camp reading or took day trips to the market... where he read some more.

Raven: Gary, on the other hand, spent all his time in various tombs, trying to get enough clout with the locals to buy a vacation home.

Raven: It wasn't all treasure chests and piles of coins, though.
Gary: Never! Again!

Raven: Tired of raiding tombs already?
Gary: Nah, just not finding any assassin beetles, so I figured I'd spend some time learning another skill.
Raven: Well, have fun. Let me know if you find any beetles, I suppose.

Raven: Fiona! Look out!
Fiona: Shhh, you'll startle it, and I really don't want this one to bite. :smooches the cobra:
Raven: Oh! Well. Don't scare me like that, sweetheart!
Fiona: It's not as though I'm not carrying a death flower, you know.

Raven: I guess you found those beetles after all, huh?
Gary: This axe is amazing! Let's see if it really smashes boulders!
Raven: Boys and their toys. Alright, hon. Just don't point that thing at me.
Gary: That'd be kinda hard considering you don't have a body.
Raven: Hush.

Raven: Unfortunately, Gary didn't quite get his level 3 visa before the locals quit sending him on adventures, so the trip got cut a little short. The trio came home just in time for Codex's very first haunting. I think the target is appropriate, eh?

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2012, 10:32:52 AM »
Aw, the gnomes are lovely! Good job on getting the axe!

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2012, 10:04:36 AM »
Thanks, Roxanne!

Raven: Jared had his elder birthday not long after the others returned from China.
Mandy: Haha! You're old!
Jared: Says my elder wife...

Raven: A quick trip to the dresser, and Jared felt more like himself.

Raven: At the same time, Xedoc grew up from a puppy to an adult dog. He looks like Codex, which is completely unsurprising, considering he's a clone.

Raven: As soon as he was able, Gary returned to China alone to finish getting his visa there. The next stop for his adventures is Champs les Sims, assuming Grim is as late to Gary's appointment as he was to Codex's. Gary is currently 88.

Raven: The knowledge that Grim could visit any day spurred Jenny and Liam into speeding up their timeline. It'd be nice for all the grandparents to be able to meet their grandchild, after all.

Jennifer: Ugh! I wish I could blame the food for this, but I'm the only one that cooks here.
Raven: Looks like it may be time to dust off the nursery furniture.
Jennifer: I never heard any chimes!
Raven: Well, it's not a foolproof system, hon.

Jennifer: Aww! Nooboo!
Raven: Do you have any idea how many women take this exact picture during their pregnancies?
Jennifer: Just take it! It's the only chance I'll get, you know?

Jennifer: So, Liam. We're going to have a nooboo!
Liam: Really!? Wow! Awesome!
Raven: Very eloquent.

Liam: Awww, my little nooboo is in there! Oh! I felt him move!
Jennifer: Him? I'm hoping for a girl, you know?
Raven: We'll let nature take her course, then, since you each want different genders. And it's way too early to feel the little one move, Liam.
Liam: Nuh-uh! I felt it again!

Raven: Congratulations, hon! One more requirement down.
Jennifer: If I never see an Autumn Salad again, it'll be too soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
Re: Medley Immortal Dynasty, Take Two (Chapter 15)
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2012, 12:01:18 PM »
Note: This chapter is a touch longer than most of mine, due to how busy the day wound up being. Enjoy!

Raven: The rest of Jenny's pregnancy was uneventful, and before she knew it –
Jennifer: Ow! Ow! Ow! Why didn't anyone tell me it'd hurt so much?!
Raven: No need to scare the pregnant lady. Just breathe, hon. It'll pass soon enough.

Raven: Jared was apparently having sympathy pains along with Jen, instead of Liam.
Jennifer: Get. This. Thing. Outta me!

Jennifer: :gasps: I suddenly feel so much better!

Raven: May I introduce Nicholas Medley. He's a good genius who favors hip-hop music and hot dogs.
Jennifer: Nooboo!
Raven: Feeling better?
Jennifer: I feel wonderful!

Raven: As soon as Jennifer put little Nicky into his swing, it seemed like everyone in the house lined up to visit him. First in the room was Grandpa Jared, followed closely by Granddad Gary.
Jared: Peek, baby! Where's Grandpa? Here he is!

Raven: Gary snuggled the wriggling little boy close while Grandma Mandy waited her turn.

Raven: And Grandma Mandy gave him kisses while Mommy waited for another turn with her darling son.

Raven: Grammy Fiona held little Nicholas close and listened to his gurgling coos, though she seemed a touch melancholy for someone holding her first grandchild.

Raven: And finally, Liam got his first chance to hold his son.
Liam: Who's Daddy's little boy? You are! :razzes Nicholas's belly:
Nicholas: :giggles:

Raven: As the day wound down and bedtime approached, Gary calmly closed his book and stood up from the kitchen table. The time had come.

Raven: Jenny was the first to see him leaving this world.
Jennifer: Papa! No!

Raven: Grim showed up, finally, ready to claim the first of many mortals in the Medley household. Nobody else was ready to lose the patriarch of the household.

Grim: You know it's time.
Gary: Yes.
Grim: You will come willingly.
Gary: Yes. My family is strong; they will survive as long as it takes to finish this.
Grim: I doubt that, but your conviction is... amusing.

Raven: Fiona, sweetheart, are you alright?
Fiona: No, not yet. I need time, Raven.
Raven: You've got all the time in the world.
Fiona: I miss him already...
Raven: I know, sweetheart. I know.

Raven: Here lies Gary Medley nee Ghee. Beloved husband, father, and grandfather. May his artwork last forever. He will be missed greatly.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2012, 02:56:04 PM »
Good-bye, Gary! I'm sure he'll be missed, but I don't think it'll take the family long to get over it since they're all so busy getting their share of Nicholas!  :P

loveSims

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2012, 04:42:32 AM »
Welcome to simworld, Nicholas! R.I.P Gary.
I love your pictures of the birth of the nooboo!

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2012, 03:52:55 PM »
Raven: Puzzle and his commitment issues decided to finally bite the bullet and find love somewhere. He couldn't just do things the normal way, however; he made use of the genie lamp he found on a trip through the dimensional gate.

Raven: This is Lu Zhi, a Chinese tourist who just happened to be in the area when Puzzle made his wish. After a bit of convincing, she agreed to leave her sister and roommate to move into the spot in the house recently vacated by Gary. Seems these folks have gotten so used to tripping over each other constantly that they don't know what to do with a house that isn't full to bursting.

Lu: Are you voice-chatting with someone on that tablet?
Puzzle: You could say that. I'll explain it all after we get you a brand new wardrobe.
Lu: Sure thing.

Raven: Little Nicholas had no lack of attention during his nooboo stage, especially since somebody left the swing on the entire time since Liam was a nooboo, leading to it no longer working quite as well as it used to.
Mandy: How was I supposed to know the thing had a battery that could run down? I thought it plugged into the wall or something!
Jennifer: Enough! It's time to blow out the candles.

Raven: Jen set Nicky down outside to avoid the rush of feet trampling toward the birthday cake. Happy birthday, little man!

Raven: It's a little early to tell, but I think we may have a little Gary clone here.

Raven: A quick trip to get his outfits sorted...

Raven: ...and then it was naptime. It's hard work being a toddler, you know.

Raven: Not to be forgotten, Jen and Puzzle had their birthdays as well. Jen was at home, putting Nicholas in his crib for the night.
Jennifer: ...I want out of this house.
Raven: Um, no. But you can have that new outfit I saw you eyeing.

Puzzle: What about me? Can I leave?
Raven: Oy.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
Re: Medley Immortal Dynasty, Take Two (Chapter 17)
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2012, 04:26:20 PM »
Happy birthday x3! Nicky really does look like Gary, I've never seen a sim look so much like their grandparent  :o

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2012, 06:47:25 PM »
Especially with all the family coming from Mandy's side! I haven't looked too closely at the eye shape, but he's definitely got Gary's eye and hair color, possibly even his nose. I'm thinking his face shape comes from Jenny though. :)

As a side note, my kitten just managed to hit the right combination of keys on my keyboard to quit my game without saving. Goodbye, several days of vacation in France, including buying my vacation home.  ::)

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2012, 08:23:37 PM »
So, yeah. Been a while, huh? Replaying game time, especially vacations, tends to irritate me a bit, so I took a little break and played some Sims 2. Anyway, back to the dynasty.

Raven: The proprietor at the park Puzzle was visiting during his birthday has a... unique sense of fashion and seems quite pleased with himself over it.

Gary: :whispers:
Fiona: :giggles:
Raven: Death certainly hasn't stopped these two from flirting with each other.
Fiona: Little privacy, please?
Raven: Sure thing, sweetheart.

Raven: Little Nicky is particularly fond of the peg box, and Daddy Liam is right there cheering him on.

Raven: In fact, Liam does most of the caring for Nicholas, since Jenny is still working on her career.

Raven: It wouldn't be a toddler update without the major three skills. Jenny teaches talking...

Raven: while Liam teaches walking.

Raven: And, since Nicky's a little boy, it only seems only fitting that Liam handles potty time, as well.
Liam: Mm-hmm. I'm sure that's why I'm the one doing this.

Raven: Fiona decided that it's about time to get a vacation home in France, to go with the Chinese one bought by Gary during his last trip. This magician was trying to put on a show in the market square.

Raven: Before the end of the nine day vacation (courtesy of Prepared Traveller rewards purchased by Fiona and Liam) Fiona managed to raise her visa level to three and purchase a lovely little home by the river. A bit of redecoration, and Fiona, Liam, and Jenny spent the remaining day or so relaxing.

Raven: That's an interesting style there, Liam.
Liam: I know! Isn't it just a masterpiece?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Medley Immortal Dynasty, Take Two (Chapter 18)
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2012, 08:33:49 PM »
Welcome back!  I love neurotic paintings.  I don't know why.  Where did that proprietor get that headpiece? Is it CC? 

Awesome update.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'