Author Topic: Henson Immortal Dynasty - on hiatus  (Read 5205 times)

Offline smartburn

• Occult
Re: Henson Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 11:50:05 PM »
From left, Swede's YA portrait (it was night, and though I put a couple of lights where Billy painted it, she was facing the wrong way - I swear it's her though), Swede's elder sculpture and elder portrait.

Too bad the elder portrait was fuzzy, her facial expression was quite epic.

Swede's adult and elder photos, both done by Oliver.

I didn't get a pic of Swede's adult portrait (which turned out the clearest), or the disc of ice that's supposed to be her adult sculpture - hopefully the latter will resolve itself at some point.

Animal's toddler, child and teen portraits...

...we got some better lights by the time Animal's teen portrait was painted. :P

Animal's sculptures, child photo and teen photo...

And for no good reason, here's a shot of Bob Newbie at the gym...

I suppose he matches in a weird twisted sort of way...

Swedish Chef Henson, Immortal - Natural Cook, Insane, Friendly, Ambitious, Workaholic
Supermax: Cooking (done)
Career: Culinary (done)
LTW: Culinary Librarian (done)
Lifetime rewards: Food replicator, Legendary Host, No Bills Ever
Best Friends: Billy (Caspian) Henson, Odin Crosby, Oliver Henson, Dayna Artis, Hannah Jones, Anne Henson

Opportunities: The Dish Showdown; Fresh Cookies for Sale; Memorable Meals; Spying on the Cuisine; Borrowing Ingredients); Neighborhood Grill-a-Thon (done)
Properties/Buildings: Swede's Spork-n-Fork (formerly Hogan's Deep Fried Diner); Billy's BBQ Fishspot (working title - formerly Lost Willow Park)
Art: YA (painting); Adult (painting, sculpture, photo); Elder (painting, sculpture, photo)

Animal Henson - Artistic, Virtuoso, Perfectionist, Party Animal
Supermax: Painting 8/10 (0/3 challenges)
Career: Self-Employed Painter (4/10)
LTW: Master of the Arts (ended up rolling it as a child)
Lifetime rewards: nothing yet - making a beeline for Extra Creative
Best Friends: No one that counts yet
Opportunities: Nada - saving the school-related ones for future gens that will likely have more difficulty getting them
Properties/Buildings: Zilch
Art: Toddler (painting, sculpture); Child (painting, sculpture, photo); Teen (painting, sculpture, photo);

Offline smartburn

• Occult
Re: Henson Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 01:42:19 AM »
This (not really an) update is brought to you by the letter C, and the number 0. :P

So, my game crashed. Naturally I hadn't saved. It was only a few days and no major milestone had happened, so it could've been far worse. However, Animal was doing really well, which considering the sometimes unpredictable nature of the painting skill, I was very pleased - level 9 in the skill (roughly a 1/4th of the way to 10), level 7 in the career, 5/6 brilliant paintings completed, 1 masterpiece, and 22 paintings completed overall. He was also on the honor roll and best friends with Lakeisha. Anne and Oliver, having more than fulfilled their duties to the dynasty, got their well-deserved makeovers (okay, I was also sick of seeing that hideous dress I gave to poor Anne). Anne was one promotion away from her LTW (creature cross-robot breeder or whatever level 9 science is called), and picked up the second opp needed for the omni plant. Oliver picked up the athletic skill and lost a little bit of weight. Swede was picking up gardening very quickly. Billy finally became a brushmaster, and was about to complete a masterpiece portrait of Oliver. Finally, Lakeisha aged up with the artistic trait. Oh well.

Anyway, I'm a little frustrated. It doesn't help that my right index finger is partially numb and I probably shouldn't be typing (much less playing). But, I'll get back to it sooner rather than later as I've bought Pets and Supernatural, and I'd like to get at least major headway on this before I install either EP. On the bright side, I won't push Swede so hard with the gardening since she'll have plenty of time to do that, and both she and the not-so-immortal Billy are always rolling romantic wishes for the other so I'd like them to enjoy the time they have left.     

Here are the few pics I can use:

Anne's new everyday outfit.

Why yes, her favorite color is in fact seafoam...I pretty much redid all of her clothes, and it took me a while, though I know which ones I'm going to use when I go back in so round two should be less painful. I was going to give her a new hairstyle too, but the braids grew on me. I gave her something else for her formal outfit, but otherwise it's all braids, all the time. Oliver got a makeover too, though it was a bit less drastic - he ditched the hat and made minor changes, but his everyday rubber boots and old style swimsuit with a pair of flippers stayed as is. 

Animal went to Lakeisha's house one day after school, and at the time she was still a teenager. I checked on something/someone else, came back, and found that she aged up...wearing this...

Maybe it's fitting that she ended up with the artistic trait? The fashion choice is certainly unique...also, good to know that the grass skirt can be used as an everyday outfit.

Lakeisha and her family used to live right across the street from the school, with her father and two brothers, and possibly her mother. I say possibly because I hadn't seen her before they moved. Anyway, they moved, and here's the top floor...

It's a nice enough house with things like computers, chess tables, etc. However, those are the only beds in the house. With 5 sims and only one couple, someone wasn't getting any meaningful sleep, and as Lakeisha was consistently exhausted, she must've drawn the short straw. So, on the next round Animal is taking her out on a date in the motive mobile, and all of them will take her out in that thing as much as possible until someone can convince her to move in ("you'll have a bed! your very own bed! not a bench, but a bed!").

I just needed to vent and post something - hopefully round two will go as smoothly as this was before the crashing/freezing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
Re: Henson Immortal Dynasty - on hiatus
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2012, 07:54:38 PM »
This dynasty is on hiatus until the inability to use the telescope is resolved without having to install Seasons, and I've confirmed that my save files are in fact safe - I haven't played since I moved them elsewhere in order to do a full reinstall of the game in order to install Supernatural and Pets. I can live with the marriage bug that appeared in the same patch. However, even though it'll be awhile before there's a logic heir, not having one is not an option - I could swap another skill for alchemy or horseback riding (the former more likely), but it wouldn't be a muppet-esque dynasty without a logic heir. It'd be all sorts of wrong, really. I don't plan on getting Seasons, so that option as a workaround is out.

Mods, please move to the graveyard until further notice. Thank you.
:)

thesweetestpea

Re: Henson Immortal Dynasty - on hiatus
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2012, 08:14:01 PM »
I've moved the thread to the graveyard as you requested, smartburn. Just contact one of the moderators when you'd like to revive it. :)