Author Topic: Henson Immortal Dynasty - on hiatus  (Read 5204 times)

Offline smartburn

• Occult
Henson Immortal Dynasty - on hiatus
« on: June 18, 2012, 03:16:35 AM »
After thinking it over and over and over, I finally got around to starting it - it's the Henson (Hopefully) Immortal Dynasty! Yay. :]

Honestly, I'm mainly posting this to keep myself on track - while I think it'd be fun to do a story here, I'm not very good about keeping up with the pictures and it would add more pressure. I took a grand total of one picture so far, and I only just signed up for an account on the gallery. I'll add it in tomorrow or something. I'll try and get major moments/amusing shots in, and the occasional obligatory wardrobe shot. BTW, Swedish Chef looks identical to my avatar except I used a different hairstyle - I think she looks awesome but I'm rather biased.  ;D  There will be no house tours because quite frankly I'm a crappy builder - I'm alright at decorating, but I get burnt out if I'm working on it too long.

In today's episode, I'll bring things up to present day - Swedish Chef Henson is going to become an adult in the next few days. She's married to Billy Henson (nee Caspian) and they adopted two children on week 2 day 4, Anne and Oliver. The adoptions were my plan B labor force, as Hunter Cottoneye proved to be a little too difficult given the time constraints, and The Joys were out as Elaine became a vampire (I could've gone for Norman alone, but he was going to be Elaine's assistant and the collector more than anything else, considering his age). Anne's hair color and style mysteriously changed to bright red braids upon her arrival, and Oliver is now a blond...hmm... ;)  The lovebirds were hoping to adopt a child and a teen, but apparently you cannot adopt teenagers. Anne was aged up to teenager with a party this morning, and was hoping to be a Green Thumb, but it was not meant to be as her study habits weren't up to par after all, so she got Good Sense of Humor. It could've been far worse so I won't whine too much. Her other traits are Disciplined, Vehicle Enthusiast, and Family-Oriented. Once she hits YA and has enough points, I'll be swapping out Disciplined for something else, probably Loves the Outdoors.

Her brother Oliver also has a Good Sense of Humor, as well as being Excitable and Clumsy. Assuming I don't goof with him like I did with Anne, his traits will remain as is since someone will be supermaxing Handiness so the more stuff to fix the better. It's his birthday too, but I'm going to have him age up without the cake. I'm not sure it'll matter now though, as Billy decided to scold him for being late to school, thus making him even later and losing even more perfomance. As long as he doesn't get Hates the Outdoors it's cool. :P Both he and his sister are level 5 in fishing - Anne will pick up gardening while Oliver will continue fishing. Eventually Swede is going to take over the garden as I don't plan to supermax that one, but cooking is top priority of course.

I'm not as far along in Swede's career or supermax skill as I wanted to be at this point, but I don't want to wait much longer for Gen. 2 so once the woohooium gem that Billy found in the consignment store using the miner [edit 6/23] gets placed this evening after Swede gets off work, we're going to take the metal for a test run...on a somewhat related note, I also scored a rainbow gem at the store so if Gen. 2 or Gen. 3 gets an imaginary friend (maybe Gen. 4, we'll see), we might just have a Snuffleupagus in the house...!

Swedish Chef Henson - Natural Cook, Insane, Friendly, Ambitious, Workaholic
Supermax: Cooking (7/10; 0/3 challenges done)
Career: Culinary (I think she's either level 6 or 7 right now)
LTW: Culinary Librarian (not yet)
Lifetime rewards: None officially yet (I may count Legendary Host, I plan to get the Food Replicator, her other ones are open for all.)
Best Friends: At the moment, none...not too worried about it though. Billy Henson is a shoo-in, Odin Crosby probably is too.
Opportunities: 4/6, working on a 5th now (The Dish Showdown; Fresh Cookies for Sale; Memorable Meals; Spying on the Cuisine)
Properties/Buildings: None yet
Art: YA (painting)

Offline smartburn

• Occult
Re: Henson Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 03:12:36 PM »
I'll be playing a bit today so maybe by the end of this weekend I'll have more of an update, but in the meantime the photo gallery gods have approved my membership, so here's a shot of Swedish Chef and Billy shortly after she made a beeline to his house to woo him into virtual slavery true love.

Yeah, so he's the Agnes of Riverview, but he's such a looker. ;) I might change his sleepwear outfit, but that's probably the only thing I'll touch besides his current LTW (Master of the Arts), though even that will depend on how quickly he can do the 25 ice sculptures (he's now working on his 3rd I believe) - motive mobile is his first priority for LTRs though. This is Swede's athletic outfit and what she wears most of the time - being as insane as she is, I think the only time I've seen her wear her everyday outfit is when she's going to sleep. :P

Oh, and their adopted daughter Anne has the Creature-Robot Cross-Breeder LTW - I sort of regret taking an LTW this early, however the mad scientist is one of my favorite careers (that hair! that thingamabob that improves things!), and I can get her to read handiness books for the career instead of fixing things if I want to leave broken objects for the handy immortal so it's not a huge deal.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 03:26:15 PM »
Nice start to your dynasty.  It will be nice to see how Billy's children turn out Swedish Chef compared to how they turn out with my Rainy.  Good luck to you, I'll be watching.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 03:47:23 PM »
Thanks simfulicious! I hope you don't mind that I borrowed your "Agnes of Riverview" description from your dynasty as it's pretty much spot on, hehe. ;)

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 04:08:31 PM »
Don't mind at all...like you said, it's true.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 06:12:44 PM »
On today's episode...

Billy had a midlife crisis, and after getting some spiffy new sleepwear, he decided to show it off to Swede...

Swede approves. ;)

Billy continued working on his epic ice sculpture quest...

This is his 8th or 9th ice sculpture and I'm not completely convinced he'll make it to 25 during Swede's adult years - this pic isn't exactly reassuring. However, not too long after this, he finally managed to get a Motive Mobile so barring dismemberments and the like, it could work out.

Meanwhile, Swedish Chef had a most unusual hankering for cobbler with grapes, but had no idea how to make it, so she went to the bookstore and bought her 3rd recipe ever - she can't even read the first one she bought, as it's ambrosia (it was half-off). She dutifully finished the recipe book, after which she heard a surge of dramatic music, filling her with a sense of accomplishment, and it wasn't just in her head this time...

That's right, she not only completed her LTW, she also got the first of 3 supermax challenges completed. She promptly cancelled the wish to make cobbler since some other wish that was worth more came up.

So, Billy, I know you're inappropriate, but Swede's the insane one, you might almost think she's in labor or something...

OH! Right. Maybe that wasn't just a regular woohoo...

"Honey, thanks for insisting on going to the hospital with me, but do you remember if I finished cooking Oliver's mac & cheese before I went into labor?"

Uh oh. Whoops. Luckily Swede scored an extra food processor a while back so they didn't have to buy that again, but the Tri-Forge Stove was obviously toast (pun not really intended but I'll roll with it).

Three days later (with many thanks to the baby swing, one of the best purchases I made through the store ever), ladies and gentlemen, may we present generation 2, Animal Henson:
Everyday

Formal

Sleepwear

Too bad he's not a blueboo and that he didn't get mom's bright turquoise-ish eyes, but he did get mom's hair at least. He has dad's eye color and I think his nose. The rest I can't really tell yet. One of these days I'll get a close up pic of Swede so that you may bask in her awesomeness.

That's it for the time being - here are the latest stats.

Supermax: Cooking (9/10; 1/3 challenges done)
Career: Culinary (Level 7 - she was at 6 last time)
LTW: Culinary Librarian (done)
Lifetime rewards: Food replicator, maybe Legendary Host,
Best Friends: Billy Henson, no others just yet but we're getting there...
Opportunities: 5/6 (The Dish Showdown; Fresh Cookies for Sale; Memorable Meals; Spying on the Cuisine; Borrowing Ingredients)
Art: YA (painting); Adult (painting)

Animal Henson - Artistic, Virtuoso
Supermax: Painting (yeah, nothing to see here just yet)
Career: For now, a world class walking talking potty machine (0/3)
LTW: I'm planning to have him do what his daddy probably won't...
Lifetime rewards: nothing yet obviously - will make a beeline for Extra Creative
Best Friends: yeah, no
Opportunities: Um...
Art: I figured I'd stick some hair on that completely bald head he was born with before bothering, so nothing yet.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 06:16:35 PM »
Note: I should have done this earlier, but I'm going to use this post for all of the absolute latest summaries for both my sanity and probably anyone else reading.

Posted 070812
Posted 071512
Newest Episode (posted 072712)

As of 7/27/12...

1. Swedish Chef Henson, Immortal - Natural Cook, Insane, Friendly, Ambitious, Workaholic
Supermax: Cooking (done)
Career: Culinary (done)
Lifetime rewards: Food replicator, Legendary Host, No Bills Ever
Best Friends: Billy (Caspian) Henson, Odin Crosby, Oliver Henson, Dayna Artis, Hannah Jones, Anne Henson

Opportunities: The Dish Showdown; Fresh Cookies for Sale; Memorable Meals; Spying on the Cuisine; Borrowing Ingredients); Neighborhood Grill-a-Thon (done)
Properties/Buildings: Swede's Spork-n-Fork (formerly Hogan's Deep Fried Diner); Billy's BBQ Fishspot (working title - formerly Lost Willow Park)
Art: YA (painting); Adult (painting, sculpture, photo); Elder (painting, sculpture, photo)

2. Animal Henson - Artistic, Virtuoso, Perfectionist, Party Animal
Supermax: Painting 8/10 (0/3 challenges)
Career: Self-Employed Painter (4/10)
LTW: Master of the Arts (ended up rolling it as a child)
Lifetime rewards: nothing yet - making a beeline for Extra Creative
Best Friends: No one that counts yet
Opportunities: Nada - saving the school-related ones for future gens that will likely have more difficulty getting them
Properties/Buildings: Zilch
Art: Toddler (painting, sculpture); Child (painting, sculpture, photo); Teen (painting, sculpture, photo);

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 06:23:13 PM »
I really like this and I love the name theme it is the muppets right?

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 06:40:18 PM »
Thanks ratchie! :D

Yep, they will all be muppets, whether it's The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, or from both...

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 06:48:41 PM »
I have my fingers crosed for a Mr Snuffleupagus Henson at some point in the future. I loved seseme street when I was a kid.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Wench

• Llama Wrangler
    • Living Vicariously Through Sims
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 06:52:52 PM »
I am a terribly huge Jim Henson fan so you sparked my interest!
Nice work :)

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2012, 03:17:59 PM »
I am a terribly huge Jim Henson fan so you sparked my interest!
Nice work :)

Thanks Wench! :D

On this episode...

Swedish Chef made good use of her forks and completed her second cooking challenge - 2 down, one to go...

I guess she'd rather have Autumn Salad, though she's not a vegetarian...

Billy continued sculpting away while learning guitar on his brand-spanking new Multitab...

Yes, the master sculptor/almost-chiselmaster did this for the first time. Oh Billy, I hope you've learned your lesson...

Meanwhile, everyone pretty much ignored Animal, save for Anne (may as well make good use of that family oriented trait she had when she moved in with the family). Anne taught Animal to talk...

...walk...

...and potty, along with all 3 artistic books. He learned the xylophone on his own, between gardening and schoolwork Anne had enough to do without being forced into being Animal's surrogate mother. :P

With Swedish Chef getting as far as she could as a Level 9 chef and no work for another 5 days, she decided to attend Hannah Jones' party - they hadn't met before that evening, but the glow in Hannah's eyes gave lots of hope to Swede for a supernaturally-long friendship for them both...

"Oh, you may be annoyed and telling me to leave now, but you'll see...we're gonna be best friends, I can taste it...with my spork...and my fork...even in New York..."

What, no, not again, Billy, really?!?

Focus, Billy, focus!

This is Janice, someone bought her at the consignment store. I probably should've saved my simoleons, but whatever. Anyway, the message must've got through to Billy - would you believe that was his 25th ice sculpture?  ::) Between that and mastering guitar, he's now free to spend most of his time painting - since he's already at level 9, he's on track for completing his LTW, which I really didn't think was going to happen.

Janice must've gotten through to Swede as well - Swede immediately continued her Autumn Salad marathon as soon as she was able, and not long after Billy's achievement this happened...

"Yup, I did it." *cracks knuckles* "I supermaxed cooking with the best dish in the whole wide world - I couldn't have done it without my magic spork. The magic fork would've had too much torque. Can we go to New York?"

No Swede, you cannot go to New York...or anywhere for that matter. And another thing, I'm still REALLY IRRITATED at myself that YOU I sold that "extra" ratatouille recipe!! You sold the wrong copy, dummy! That was the 6th opportunity, how could you?!? Gah! I really hope I don't have to make you learn a skill just to get an opp. Grrr. I suppose you still have time though.

Apparently Swede and Billy decided enough was enough, considering all the work they put in, and thought they could ignore me for a bit while strengthening their bonds...
"You wanna?"

"Heh, heh, oh yeah..."

Finally, Anne, Oliver and Animal all aged up the same day, and I don't think any of them made it to their cakes in time (I wanted to get Animal's toddler sculpture so I held off).

Here's Anne - Disciplined (for now), vehicle enthusiast (might keep it), family oriented, good sense of humor, and green thumb. She's now level 7 in gardening, and I'm pretty sure one of the special seeds she recently planted is a life fruit (it started wilting immediately).

LTW: Creature-Robot Cross-Breeder.

Here's Oliver - Good sense of humor, clumsy, excitable, handy (might change - I didn't pick it), and angler. He's either level 8 or 9 in fishing, and has 33 angelfish in his inventory. I tried to take him out with Billy one weekend to the graveyard, but the deathfish weren't there that night, and I made the error of sending Billy into the catacombs - apparently that's not considered part of the same lot so the cops picked Oliver up and brought him home. Swede let him off the hook. He will remain a self-employed angler for now, but will sculpt and learn photography by day - he just started his first ice sculpture.

LTW: Swimming in Cash (though we're still keeping any perfect fish that may be caught for future use...)

You may notice the two of them are dressed rather um, differently...considering they are orphans who were adopted specifically to work, work, work for the dynasty, clothing is but a frivolity. It must be functional, yet vaguely Victorian. So, until Anne grows and plants more lifefruit and Oliver stocks the pond with deathfish, they'll take what I give them and they'll like it. They should just be glad that Swede now has a little more time for them and they'll all be best friends (whether they like it or not).

And of course, here's Animal - he gained the perfectionist trait. I think the only thing he got from Swede was the hair, the rest is pretty much all Billy.
Everyday

Formal - not too wild and crazy...for now anyway...

Latest Stats

Career: Culinary (Level 9)
Lifetime rewards: Food replicator, maybe Legendary Host,
Best Friends: Billy Henson, Odin Crosby,
Opportunities: 5/6 (The Dish Showdown; Fresh Cookies for Sale; Memorable Meals; Spying on the Cuisine; Borrowing Ingredients)
Art: YA (painting); Adult (painting, sculpture)

Animal Henson - Artistic, Virtuoso, Perfectionist
Supermax: Painting (not quite officially started yet, the dresser took a lot out of the little guy)
Career: For now, good enough grades to pick the next trait...
LTW: I'm planning to have him do what his daddy probably won't will absolutely be doing without a doubt. :)
Best Friends: Nope
Opportunities: Nada
Art: Toddler (painting, sculpture);

Offline smartburn

• Occult
Re: Henson Immortal Dynasty 071512
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2012, 04:39:00 PM »
Today's episode is brought to you by the letter C, and the number -1...

Things are rather slow during Animal's childhood...

Swede works on her wish to be best friends with Hannah Jones...

Hannah doesn't look like she has the same desire to be best friends, but Swede is persistent and knows she'll get her way...and she does indeed.

Anne joined the science career and listened to logic tabcasts while working and gardening...

...this was the main reason why, of course. Neither Anne nor Oliver got to pick their teen traits and I didn't want that to happen with Animal so as soon as she reached level 5, she sat that boy down for a spot of tutoring.

In other areas, Anne's chugging along quite nicely - she's now level 2 in the science career, a level 8 gardener, level 6 in logic, and I believe level 5 in both fishing and handiness. The special garden now contains one money tree, 2 flamefruit bushes, 2 plasma fruit bushes, 2 or 3 "unknown" plants that could only be deathflowers...and one lifefruit bush. I wish more of the seeds were lifefruit but for now, one bush is all they need. None of the plants are harvestable just yet, but should be by ambrosia time. She also planted a couple more special seeds, in addition to 3 egg and 3 cheese plants each for completing the Uncommonly Good opp.

Oliver continued sculpting and listening to photography tabcasts by day, and fishing by night (or early morning as the case may be)...

The Hensons now have a stocked pond of deathfish and Oliver has another 15 in his inventory. Between that and Anne's progress in gardening, I'm hopeful we'll get an omni plant or 5 with deathfish at some point. Oliver may be able to change his clothes soon (and perhaps work on the celebrity opp of working out for 4 hours...). :P

Oliver ended up maxing out photography (in addition to fishing) and the family already had a camera from the consignment store so we have photos now too. Unfortunately I'm not sure if they'll be able to get much else out of the store, much less sell anything as I've seemed to have caught the bug where buy/browse doesn't work (if the clerk is clicked on, the sim will talk to him but nothing happens; if the register is picked, the action immediately cancels out). I'll try sending Oliver there since he was the last one to use it successfully to see if there's any consignments that he personally needs to stop, but otherwise I may need to ask for a special dispensation - gen. 2 can get by without it, but gens. 3 and 4 depend on it for the most part. Then again, I may have to have an alternate plan regardless since replacing the register through "edit town" might not work anyway.

Billy paints, goes mining, gets his hat back...

A couple of small paintings later, he finally maxed out painting and *cue the music* his LTW!! Yay!!! Seriously, I was very happy for Billy, and not just because I was finally able to get the moodlet manager, and the collection helper not too long after that. After he hit his LTW, I had him drill holes for the most part (none of them have glowed yet though, dang - I did get a couple of soulpeace gems and a little Mr. Mysterious gnome whose given name of Diego I've kept), and had him read the paper. He also discovered the broken consignment store while attempting to sell a surplus of fish, produce and paintings, so like I said earlier, Oliver will be the next one to go to see if there's anything he personally consigned he can cancel.

Finally, some big news for Swedish Chef...

...may not look like much, but this is the Kelvin Minus One fridge, the penultimate gift for getting her final promotion to 5-Star Chef. I'll probably recolor it soon. Shortly after this in anticipation of Animal's teen birthday, I did a little remodeling and put a fence in - I'll have to tweak it a bit though since Swede puts the finished group meals on the empty counter inside the fence, so unless I move the plate, everyone does the "I can't get there!" dance. Eventually I plan to put a fire pole leading from the yet-to-be-built second floor into the kitchen just for Swede so I'll have to tweak it anyway.

Swede also firms up her friend requirements...

...poor Dayna - I'm not so sure speaking madness is the best way to rekindle friendships Swede, I need to be careful with letting her start her own interactions. But, there were plus signs after this interaction so what do I know. Best friend status rekindled. :P

Wow, are you excited, Swede?!?

How about you Oliver, excited?!??

Billy, how about you, just how excited are you today?!?!?!???

Um, okay, looking a little smug there, aren't we Billy...

Hey Animal, are you excited too? Why is everyone so excited??

Oh...you look a little diabolical there Animal. I see it's your birthday, but it's not like you're gaining the Evil trait so I'd cut that out.

It's your teen birthday Animal!

Dude, Animal, enough with that face...

Billy, you're so not helping...

...besides, Animal's not the one with an alien trying to escape from his ribcage...by the way, it's your birthday too, and you won't be a teenager. You should thank me for not getting you a cake.

Yay, much better Animal!

That's how it's done Billy, that's how it's done.

Er, Animal, I thought we said no Evil trait? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's not for you...

Oh, it's just the eyebrows then. Well, that can be fixed. He got the party animal trait.

Everyday

Formal  \m/  \m/

Sleepwear

Athletic

Swimwear

So, I may put the sunglasses on him for his everyday and formal as his eyes look too small for his face. I hope his face thins out a bit. He got Billy's eyes for sure, but I don't know where the extra weight came from - then again, Swede is a bit erm, large up top, so maybe the game compensated for that? I may put a slightly less evil version of the eyebrows he aged up with too, he needs more of an edge to him. I'm glad his favorite color is red though, makes my planned color scheme a bit easier to work with - now that I've said that, I'm sure gen. 3 will have hot pink as his/her favorite color, which would be problematic.

That's about it for this episode - Animal will spend his first day as a teen getting his painting up to level 7 in order to try and paint Billy's portrait before he ages up to elder later in the day, and Swede will try to talk to her natural cook friends (scratch that, make that one friend - Mags Newbie RIP) and watch the cooking channel to see about getting a crepe recipe without traveling. If she can't, no biggie - she'll either take the following Sunday off from work to cook at the neighborhood park or go dancing at The Grind for 3 hours. Oh, and also reading the ambrosia recipe of course, but she'll probably do that while waiting for her museum pieces to be done after she ages up (also the following Sunday). As for Animal's IF, I don't think it's going to happen since he didn't get much playtime as a toddler and even less as a child - gen. 4 would be ideal, though gen. 3 will have more time as a toddler than Animal did. So, I'd like Animal to continue getting to know a certain Lakeisha Stokes better - they met as a child when I let him play at her house (and is therefore not a babysitter or newspaper girl), she's only a little bit older than he is, and is gorgeous as a teen...we'll see.

Latest Stats

Career: Culinary (done)
Lifetime rewards: Food replicator, Legendary Host, No Bills Ever
Best Friends: Billy (Caspian) Henson, Odin Crosby, Oliver Henson, Dayna Artis, Hannah Jones, Anne Henson

Properties/Buildings: Swede's Spork-n-Fork (formerly Hogan's Deep Fried Diner);
Art: YA (painting); Adult (painting, sculpture, photo)

Animal Henson - Artistic, Virtuoso, Perfectionist, Party Animal
Supermax: Painting 6/10 (0/3 challenges)
Career: Depends what happens with the consignment store
LTW: Master of the Arts (ended up rolling it as a child)
Best Friends: Just Anne, who won't count even if she's somehow still around
Opportunities: Nada - saving the school-related ones for future gens that will likely have more difficulty getting them
Art: Toddler (painting, sculpture); Child (painting, sculpture, photo)

Offline smartburn

• Occult
Re: Henson Immortal Dynasty 072712
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 10:49:59 PM »
Today's very special 3-part episode is brought to you by the number 3, and the letter I...  ;)

We have a vampire gnome! Yay!

Her name is Batty Bat, which makes one...ONE VAMPIRE GNOME!!! Ah-ha-ha-ha...ha... *cue thunder*
My first one, hopefully one of several...it'd be nice to get at least one of each gnome at some point, at least out of the expansions I currently have (everything through Generations, so no Pets or Showtime...yet). I've managed to get all 3 of the WA gnomes before, but otherwise they've all been of the Mysterious variety (other than the one time I bought an inventor's gnome). No sculpting gnome, and I rarely use laundry so no laundry gnomes either. We'll see.

Animal continues on with his bad perfectionist self, painting mega-gnarly, totally awesome feats of extreme vision...

Well, maybe not...
"Hey! Butterflies are cool man, they're colorful and they know how to get down and par-tay!!! Woo ooo, wee!"
Alright then Animal, keep telling yourself that like you always do at random times...at least you got to level 7 and managed to start on your dad's portrait before he aged up to elder. That and the fact you already have 3 brilliant paintings under your belt is nice too.

"Oh man, this grilled cheese, it's like, totally perfect yo!"  \m/ \m/

That was actually meant for your sister Anne, and there's some decent bouillabaisse left in that fridge too, even if it's not "perfect" but okay, whatever. I guess there's still some left. Go ahead and miss your dad's birthday instead.
"Who cares, she won't mind, and he just laughs every time someone ages up anyway."
It's his last birthday ever and he won't be around for eternity like you will, but okay.
"The guilt trip isn't working, and why am I...who the heck are you anyway?"
I gave you life, now shut it.

Meanwhile...

"Yay! Something's happening! Hahahaha, woohoo!"

"Got my easel, my partially finished sculpture that I started for no particular reason, what more could I want out of life?!"
That's a good attitude Billy - almost makes up for you laughing at everyone for their birthdays.
"What, it's funny! The bad hair, silly outfits...oh wait, what's with the sparkles and why does my back hurt all of a sudden..."

"Oh. I see. Hrrumph."
Eh, you're looking pretty good, don't complain. Might change your sleepwear you're so fond of painting in at some point, but at least you got your trademark hat and glasses. Be thankful no one was around to give you a taste of your own medicine - besides, from looking at your stats, I know you'll be happy when the time comes.
"Er, are you sure happy is the right word?"
Maybe not. You should be around for a little while yet, so chill.

"Mom, why can't we do this in dad's car? Don't get me wrong, I want to do this and being in this car is like, totally inspiring new visions and possibilities that I want to translate onto canvas right now, but no one can see how cool I am and that's a bummer. Besides, dad's car is a bit more popular with the ladies..."
"Well, for one, this is also dad's car technically, and two, clearly we're not getting the same thing out of this car because all I can think about is just how many things I can cook using fruit that is always on fire and how to perfect it using only a spork. And three, considering how badly you're driving, you're better off not letting anyone see you do this, especially Lakeisha."

"Er, who said anything about Lakeisha?? Not that there's anything wrong with Lakeisha, I mean I like Lak- I mean yeah, I don't like I mean I do but I don't but I do but-"
"That was either gibberish or a load of cork, and that's me talking. Anyway, you're done, off to school with you, just drop me off here. We'll have plenty of time to talk later...lots and lots of time. We're gonna be best friends for the rest of our never-ending lives, I just know it.
"Okay, weird creepy crazy talk aside, we're on the other side of town, how will you get home?"
"A combination of telekinesis and breaking the laws of physics. Now go."

"Ah, finally, a moment's rest...no immediate need to call anyone, no work to do, and certainly no cooking..."

Don't get too used to it Swede, you'll still have plenty to learn for at least a little while if all goes well.
"I'm reading something vital to your 'little' plan, so shut it. With a cork. Because you're still not letting me go to New York."
Pfft, whatever. At least you'll eventually go to France and I haven't been there yet.
"France, really? It's no New York, but there's lots of corks in France! And sporks! And forks! And-"
Yes, France, unless I randomly change my mind. So keep reading.
"Fine...cork in the spork and fork with Mork and Mindy from York..."
What was that you said?
"Nothing...spork...hey now!"

Yes folks, ambrosia recipe learned, in the middle of nowhere! Woohoo!

Wait, wait, wait, hold up, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?
"Um, adding sork I mean salt? It's in the recipe you know. Oh wait, no you don't, clearly I'm a better cook than you'll ever be."

First off, I have more ownership over you than I do Animal (don't tell him that though). Second, you can't eat that yet! You're not ready!!
"I'm not going to eat it, I'm going to store it, sheesh...it's not like I can do much without you stopping me anyway."
Oh. Right. Food replicator. Just don't put it in the oven, okay?
"Um, yeah, I know. You've only told me that 50 norktillion times."
Okay, good, got that settled...

With the ambrosia learned, Animal knowing how to drive, and a school dance coming up, Swede decided to take a little initiative regarding getting to know a certain Lakeisha Stokes.

She's a little older than Animal, having aged up to teen a few days before Animal did but otherwise they're close in age - she's apparently a workaholic with a good sense of humor (great for Swede, Oliver and Anne), and gets ++ signs whenever someone talks about art, though no one has uncovered a specific trait for it yet. She lives across the street from the school (that's her father Lowell in the shot), and there are no apparent vampires in the family. Music seems to bore her, but ultimately that doesn't phase Animal...

"Ugh, I gotta go! Hello?!?"

Fernando, you have more bathrooms in your house than Animal does right now, go upstairs and use one, then hang out with your brother Chin-Han.
"Who the heck are you?!?"
Your conscience, now beat it.
"No!"

Have it your way Fernando, I think all they can see is each other's eyes at this point anyhow and I don't think your sister cares that you know she's going to the prom with Animal...
"Gross!" Fernando finally got the hint and left before peeing himself.

"I gave up two whole days of work for this? I can do this any other time I want, yet I'm doing this now?"

Yeah, I know. It was important though. I made it two days because I wanted to make sure you'd be off on Sunday.
"I could've done this last week you know."
Well, why didn't you tell me sooner? It obviously didn't occur to me that you and only you could do the Neighborhood-Grill-a-Thon as a black opp until last Monday. Unfortunately you were required to miss work for it, so it was either wait until you can go to France to learn the crepe recipe, go dance at The Grind for 3 hours or do this. And no, you can't eat that yet, you need to finish all 5 dishes first...this is at Billy's BBQ Fishspot (working name - may be changed to Billy's Caspian Sea & BBQ Bonanza...or something, I dunno), formerly Lost Willow Park. The windows in the kitchen area were added along with a potty, a baby swing, a subway station to nowhere, a couple of trees, and a fountain.

Here's Animal and Lakeisha going to prom in Billy's Prius:

You may notice that they're neither in a limo nor their formal clothes, and Lakeisha looks less than thrilled about it. It seems that Animal was having a mood swing and felt it was more important to booby trap the computer than to get in the limo, so they missed it. I also thought they autonomously would get in their formal outfits but apparently not.
So, you'd think Lakeisha wouldn't be a happy camper from this pic, but...

...right about the time I took this, a message appeared saying that the two of them are having a great time and Lakeisha just asked Animal to go steady. Weird, but whatever, I got the result that I wanted...

The lovebirds had a great time at prom...

...and Animal made Prom King.

To be continued...

Offline smartburn

• Occult
Re: Henson Immortal Dynasty 072712
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 10:51:37 PM »
It's Swede's birthday!

Time to party, woohoo!

Um, yeah, party...Billy...

...party. As in celebrate, be joyous...

"Billy Caspian Henson, if you don't cut that out right now, I'm gonna go over there with my fork and-"
OOH LOOK, SPARKLES, YAY!

Not bad, not bad at all. We'll just do a slight recolor of what's apparently your formal outfit.

Here's what Swede gets for her everyday regular outfit, totally normal, very reasonable...I thought I had saved the hair color, but I had to improvise a little bit.

Here's Swede's other everyday outfit, an attempt to illustrate her muppet-esque essence.

While Swede gets her art pieces finished, Animal heads over to Lakeisha's...

...this happened with no help from me at all. Animal got his first kiss that evening too. He hasn't rolled any specific romantic wishes with her, but he did roll one to "travel abroad with Lakeisha" and since that's not gonna happen without her living at the dynasty house, I think we're moving along quite nicely in that department.

Hey Oliver, you've done 25 ice sculptures! What do you say you make Swede your 26th while Billy finishes the portrait, yeah?

On second thought, maybe not...*scraps sculpture*
*Swede wishes to gain athletic skill*
Um no, Swede, we're using that sparingly just in case...
*Swede heads towards sculpting station to sculpt*
NO!!! *ahem* No, Swede, that's definitely not happening. Is Billy done with your portrait yet?

Good. Now go dispose of that dead apple tree in the garden, plant this very nice apple in its place and then go spam fishing socials at Oliver since you're apparently none too pleased with him right now to the point of not being best friends...

--A few hours later--
"Why don't you want to watch the stars with me Swedey? We were having so much fun in the shower, we just got out here and now you're heading back inside? Aw, man..."

"I'm just hungry, that's all. And there's an uncooked meal sitting on the counter that's begging to be finished. We'll continue this later, trust me. We still have time..."

Maybe not all the time in the world...

But time enough, at least for now.

Swedish Chef, the first immortal - week 7, day 4.

And the gnomes approve.