Author Topic: Making copies  (Read 2635 times)

Offline LaB

• Llama Wrangler
Making copies
« on: June 01, 2010, 02:58:56 AM »
I'm not sure if the thread is in the right place or this topic has been talked about, I've looked but can't see one.

I created a couple and placed them in a house, I then deleted them from the library, how do I make a copy of them in case I want to play them again. At the minute they have a child is there anyway of saving them without the child (they didn't have the child when I created them).

Also when I've built a house how do you save that? (to be used with other families and towns.)

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
Re: Making copies
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 03:43:30 AM »
You go into 'Edit Town', click on the household and an option to "save to the library" or something should come up. Then you can either save the family with or without the house, but to remove the child would be tricky. You could split the household with Edit Town (maybe remove the child), save the now lonely couple to the library and go back to the normal save file without saving.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 03:58:22 AM »
You can also try restoring the previous save to see if it's without the child.  I would say do a "Save As" so that you have two identical copies of your file.  Then follow the instructions in the restore file thread.  If it produces the couple without a child, then follow Swede's instructions on saving to the library.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 07:15:31 AM »
I think you can also go into CAS within the game (i.e. from the dresser) and click on the share option (under the button with ... on it) That will allow you to upload it to EA's sims 3 official website under your profiile. That way you will also have a copy that's in a different location to your hard drive, in case of crashes, hard drive meltdowns, etc.

I haven't fully tried this yet, i've only shared the sims and they are in my uploads section in the game launcher waiting to be uploaded.

Offline LaB

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 01:25:59 PM »
Thanks for the replys. I'll have a go when I play it again.

Leto85

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 04:50:36 PM »
When you go to the neighbourhood screen you can click on your house to popup a screen that will let you split your family or make a copy of it to the library.

Getting rid of your child I don't recommend at all. Not only because you could regret it later, but the child also got a place in the family tree even when it's gone.
If you still want to dump the kid, you could split the household into two categories. One containing the child with one young adult or older sim, the other is the rest of your family. Let the young adult and child move into another household (not an empty house) and than split that family again, moving your young adult or older sim back to his original family.