Author Topic: The Parthenopaeus Immortal Dynasty (Attempt 3 at a dynasty)  (Read 6039 times)

Offline Lysita

• Townie
Alright folks, this will be my new immortal Dynasty, set in Twinbrook, with just Ambitions and Generations installed. Hopefully nothing goes wrong and there are no other hitches. I'm still working on an overall plan in relation to skills and stuff, but that should't affect anything yet, I hope. And kudos to anyone who knows where my inspiration came from.

My name is Acheron and, how do I say this without you laughing at me and thinking I'm insane. See, the thing is....I used to be a God, I used to have powers and my own palace in Kalosis. My mother is Apollymi, my father is Archon, and I barely remember my childhood but there are other things that have stuck in my mind. Such as meeting and falling for Artemis while I still thought I was human, you see, Apollymi sent me to the mortal realm to hide me from my father. I thought Artemis loved me back, but I couldn't have been more wrong. Then somehow my mother, my real mother, was banished to the sunken city of Atlantis, made a prisoner in the very place I had spent my mortal years. Sure, my mother is known as the destroyer, but is that really a reason to banish her to a solitude that's sure to break her spirit? So my task is simple, to find a way to break her free without the dire consequences that have been told to happen should she be released.

Apollymi: M...on! My Apo...lo.!
Acheron: Mother? I can barely make out what you're saying.
Apollymi: My child! Oh my darling son!
Acheron: Mother! It's been so long.
Apollymi: I know it has, dear. I had to find a new way to contact you at this new place you've gone to.
Acheron: I'm sorry, but I had to move.
Apollymi: Apostolos, my boy. Don't be sorry, never be sorry. However, there is something important you need to know.
Acheron: I'm listening.
Apollymi: To free me safely, you must bring together eight generations of our line, starting with yourself. That is not all though, you must all be immortal and there are several requirements to achieve before you will be granted the privilege.
Acheron: Eight generations?
Apollymi: Yes, my son. For the four main and four secondary compass points.
Acheron: Ah, I see!
Apollymi: Go to the library son, I have been able to place a book there for you to read, that outlines the requirements.

As the mental presence of my mother faded, the conversation kept playing through my mind. Eight generations of immortals. Requirements. Before I could fully make up my mind, I had to visit the library and find the book she mentioned. I couldn't help but feel trepidation, what if I failed in this quest? What would become of my mother? And I suppose you're wondering why my mother called me Apostolos. Well, that was my god name, it's all she ever calls me, she doesn't understand why I would choose to be called by another name. I sighed as I wondered about my old friend Nick, he was the best friend I could have had but I haven't heard from him since I moved and I wish I knew why. Anyway, I hopped in a taxi, good thing they are free around here, and headed to the library. I found the book mother mentioned and started reading, was it even possible to release her safely? I know I probably shouldn't be thinking that, but I couldn't help it.

While I was there I met Gala Ball and discovered she worked in the culinary field. Although I would have liked to stay at the library and chat more, I had other things to do. I needed a few starter plants for the garden, and to get started on painting so I could work on being a painter. Art can be so expressive, I find. Once I got home I planted what I had bought, then got on with painting.

It wasn't long before I had enough skill to head to the city hall and register as a self-employed painter. Tomorrow I'm going to start looking for a wife, and friends. For now I'm headed to the fire station to eat, freshen up, and sleep. 1,800 simoleons can only go so far, so I don't have anywhere to sleep on my lot yet, I don't even have a sink.

The next day dawned bright and early, I grabbed a shower and a juice at the fire station before heading home to complete the painting I'd left on my easel. Painting completed, I watered the little garden, before selling my finished piece. It only gae me 12 simoleons, but when you have as little money as I do, you don't complain, unless you have to pay a bill that takes more than your work brings in, ugh! Still, I shall stick to small paintings that can be done quickly and the money will soon be rolling in, at least until I can do better paintings, then
I'll go back to the bigger sizes.

I did some research and found out about a nice young woman called Amy Bull, who is also into painting and works part time at the spa, so I decided to head there and wait to see if I could strike up a friendship with her. While I was waiting my phone went off, I'd done some reading on inventing and the scientists wanted me to learn some more. I decided, why not, and sat down to read the inventing book I'd bought. Much safer than playing with fire. I was getting tired though, so I didn't read for too long, and I decided to try Amy's house, in case she hadn't been at work.

Amy was indeed at home and she invited me in and we got talking, we aren't quite friends yet but I don't think we are far off. Yet I was really getting exhausted, so while Amy headed to the bathroom, I slipped out and headed to the fire station. I must say, it is a handy place to use. When I woke up, it was almost midday, so I grabbed a juice and headed home, where I watered my little garden before inviting Amy over. She agrees and is there pretty quick, and the first thing she does is give me flowers, oh my! However, we talk about art and just get to know each other for a while, then I asked her to move in. With the extra funds we were able to build a proper bathroom, and a bedroom with a double bed, not that I would try anything on, but it'll make things easier overall later down the line. Is Amy Mrs Parthenopaeus? I don't know yet, perhaps there will be someone else. First though, I need to explain my situation to Amy, or at least enough so that she'll agree to help me with my quest.

We set up our easels next to each other just so it would be easier to chat and it means we can appraise the others work. Doesn't take me long to use the new bathroom though, before heading to bed, Amy follows suit, using the bathroom before getting into bed to sleep. Overall it's been a good day, and I know I have a good friend in Amy, someone who'll be around for the long haul.

Acheron Parthenopaeus (Gen 1)
Artistic, Savvy sculptor, Eccentric, Green Thumb, Perfectionist.
LTW: Descendant of Da Vinci
Career: Self-employed Painter
Supermax: Painting
Best Friends:
Black Ops: In the name of science!(not quite finished, but soon)
Investments:
Unique LTR's:
Museum pieces:

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Parthenopaeus Immortal Dynasty (Attempt 3 at a dynasty)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 09:42:01 AM »
The best of luck with attempt number three,I completed my first dynasty on my third attempt. I love the Greek theme you have chosen and I am really fond of blue Sims so I will be reading this one with interest.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 10:33:13 AM »
And kudos to anyone who knows where my inspiration came from.
Sherrilyn Kenyon writes a good theme for her series, but the writing itself of her Dark Hunter books seems to pick up weird vibes of "immature high schooler" for me.

Good luck with this attempt!

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 12:03:35 PM »
Kudos Shirin! That is exactly where I got the inspiration from.

Thank you Ratchie. I've been keeping up with your Dynasty and am enjoying it, even though I've not really been posting in it.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 12:06:25 PM »
Third time is the charm they say.   Good luck with this attempt and Acheron is very handsome. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

loveSims

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 12:25:09 PM »
Great start! Good luck this time. :)

Corcofinde

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 01:17:51 PM »
When I first saw the title I nearly died of shock. I'm naming a character in my novel Parthenopaeus (after the son of Atalanta in Greek mythology) and didn't think anyone else had ever heard of the name before! I've never heard of the Dark Hunter books before, though. I may have to check them out.

You're dynasty is off to a great start. Acheron is an interesting looking founder. I hope the second generation inherits the blue skin, too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 03:23:55 PM »
Thanks for all the comments and views guys, they are greatly appreciated.

@Corcofinde: So do I, it would make it more interesting. Not to mention that one a casual game I have, the couple, Sapphire(CAS) and Leighton(Sekemoto) have had two blue children out of four. One of those is a set of twins, with the other twin being rather brown although Cerulean, the blue baby, is rather pale. Azure, the other blue one of the children, a teen, is quite light but darker than Cerulean. Cornflower, the middle child, is quite dark but not as dark as Cobalt, the second twin. It's really interesting how genetics play out, as Azure got blonde hair, Leighton's is black and Sapphire's is blue with white tips and highlights. Cornflower got Leighton's black hair. I'll take some screenshots next time I play it and find somewhere to post them.

I woke up while it was still dark, I'm not even sure what the time was, probably not even 2 o'clock yet. Amy was still sleeping so I left her alone and went to finish the painting I'd started before bed. Then I noticed the seeds I must have gotten when I first learned gardening, only thing was I had no idea whether I should use them or not. Sure more plants would mean I'd get more experience quicker, but it meant more time away from my easel as well. In the end I decided to use a few, and sell the others. When Amy came out to finsh her painting, she told me she'd quit her job to hae more time for painting, that is fine with me. And although I can sell her paintings, they don't help with my painting career unfortunately, but at least they do add to the funds. After planting the few seeds and seeing to my garden, I had to take a bath and get some rest while Amy continues to paint.

After I woke, I straightened the bed, that's the perfectionist in me, and had a nice chat with Amy, enough that we became best friends. When I went to the bathroom, Amy followed me in and I had to shoo her out. I'm beginning to wonder if asking her to move in was the best thing, but she is better at painting than I am, at the moment, so we'll see. With that situation out of the way, we both had a drink of juice before I called it a night properly, and Amy had a bath before she decided to sleep as well. In the morning things were good, I got up first and was soon back at my easel, brush in hand. Amy got an opportunity to teach art to some kids, so she went for it, perhaps she'll gain some skill from it.

She did gain some skill, just not enough to reach the next level, but I'm sure it's not far off. I've taken to leaving a canvas on my easel, as Amy has a tendency to use it if she finishes a painting on hers. At least this way, she knows to leave it alone no matter what I am doing, whether it's having a bath or tending to my small garden. Amy invited one of her friends over, but being the absent minded person she is, was back at her easel so it was left to me to entertain the young woman, Sofia Carlton. I did find out she disliked children, not all that great really, yet I'm sure with a makeover she could look rather pretty. She's unemployed, which I consider a bonus, after all if, and that is a big if, she is to help out she'll need plenty of time at home.

Let me say this, Sofia is not an easy person to befriend, but through perserverence I managed to become her friend. Art seemed to be a really good subject, but then I guess snobs are the best art critics. Compliments worked rather well also, I just wonder where this friendship will lead. After Sofia left, I grabbed a snack then went for a nap, Amy finished her painting and had something to eat as well, before she had a bath and got into bed. With the bathroom free, I was able to relieve myself and tidy round a bit before getting some proper sleep. The day went by without any trouble, I got my first harvest from the garden and they were immediately sold, and there was painting galore. Next day is much the same, except I ring Sofia for a chat. Oh, and I get a bit stir crazy, so I take a drive to the grocery store to sell the days produce, then it's back home to painting. It feels good to have more than one avenue of money coming in.

Sorry it's a shortish update with no pictures, but I didn't see any moments that warranted any and it's been a pretty boring and repetitious cycle of fulfilling needs, painting, gardening, and sleeping. Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat.

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 02:17:05 PM »
Amy called one of her friends up for a chat, a friend I found out was a romantic interest called Marc Brandt, it seems like they get on pretty well. I decided I needed to get that inventing skill up and took a read of my book on the subject, while Amy got back to painting. I'm pretty sure she's close to being able to paint my portrait, which will be a huge relief when it finally happens.

It didn't take long to increase my inventing skill, then it was off to report in, which brought in a nice bit of money and I made acquaintances with Rich Whelohff, Lincoln Baker and Marshall Curious. Afterwards I was exhausted and as soon as I got home I had a nap, before grabbing a juice. When I woke up, Amy was making waffles, but I stuck with my juice and let her get on with it. I can't help but wonder how well it would turn out, I'm sure I'll find out soon enough, when Amy finishes and eats what she's created. Turns out they were pretty bad, but she said they still filled her up.

I didn't sleep long as I need to wake up to use the bathroom, and as it was morning I was unsure whether to go back to bed, yet I was still pretty tired. However, I finally decided to give in and buy a sculpting station, so I may give that a try before getting some more sleep. Well, I only got partway through my first clay sculpture before needing to go back to bed, and I can already tell it's a chair. We'll keep it for now, it'll come in handy that's for sure. Amy woke up sooner than I'd expected and had a bath before getting back to her painting. I am so glad to have her around.

I woke up as Amy went to bed, A drink of juice and a bath later I was good to go, and I decided to ask Sofia to come over. I wanted to get to know her better, and it would be good to have someone else helping out around here. It was just a matter of making our friendship good enough that she'd say yes to moving in. So Sofia arrives and we have a bit of a chat before she hands me a bunch of flowers. Could this mean what I think it does? A little while later she hands me another bunch, so I work up the courage to ask her to watch the stars with me.

Well, things couldn't go better. Sofia and I shared our first kiss, and she gave me a massage before I proposed we went steady, and she agreed.

Only question is, should I propose marriage now, or wait a while? Perhaps it's best to leave that for a bit, see how the relationship goes first. I wouldn't want to regret things later down the line. All in all, it went very well and I am so happy, I can't wait to see what the future holds. Oh, and don't let Sofia know I said this, but she is a great kisser. Sofia and I had a wonderful time and I'm glad I could put a smile on her face.

Amy made waffles again, and this time they actually look good, at least they aren't burnt. Still, I stuck with my juice before going to bed, where I'll hopefully dream of Sofia. It seems while I slept, Amy got enough skill to paint portraits, now it's just having it done. Looks like we are well on track at the moment, I can relax a little now I know my portrait is in hand. In fact, Amy even joined the painter career while I slept. If it had been an heir, I would have freaked out, but Amy is free to pursue whatever she likes, so I'm not worried.

After I wake up and freshen up a bit, I see to the bills before urgently tending to my little garden. It's kind of gotten neglected lately and I feel bad about that, but it'll be good as new in now time. Amy gets back to painting to finish the one she's currently working on, need a clean canvas if my portrait is going to be done after all. During the midst of gardening my phone rings, it's Sofia and obviously I can't deny a chat with her.

After sorting out the garden and getting a nice harvest from the apple trees, I take a bath while Amy makes autumn salad, my favorite. Then there was just enough time for me to pose for my portrait and Amy to start on it, before we both had to sleep as we were both exhausted. Tomorrow I'll ask Sofia over and see if I can't persuade her to move in, and I know Amy will get to finishing my portrait. Things are really looking good.

I am so pleased with how well this is actually going so far. All according to plan. Hehehe.

LTW: Descendant of Da Vinci
Career: Self-employed Painter
Supermax: Painting
Best Friends: Sofia Carlton,
Black Ops: In the name of science!(Done!), Fresh Tomato Sauce(Working on)
Investments:
Unique LTR's:
Museum pieces: YA Portrait(In the works)

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 11:31:45 AM »
Leftover salad for breakfast, was a little wilted but edible all the same. I took some tomatoes to the restaurant and got a nice payment, I should probably get the kitchen enclosed and out of the elements. Who knows what it's doing to the appliances. When I got back I invited Sofia over as I had planned, and things did get rather steamy, but there was no use of the bedroom, but I did propose.

I knew we just had to get married there and then, no waiting, no messing around. Sofia agreed and we said our vows.

Sofia immediately sold her car and completed her lifetime wish of Living in the lap of luxury, having a very decent amount of money meant we could really built a proper house, with a second bedroom for Amy and a nursery. Having a proper roof over our heads took a load off of my mind, and I felt more and more that this was really going to work. I really couldn't be happier right now, everything is really coming together nicely. As it happens, it's also Sofia's birthday today, thank goodness it's only to adult and not elder. She ended up celebrating by herself, I was too engrossed in painting, and Amy was preparing dinner. At least she was smart enough to get herself some new clothes.

Everyday

Formal

Sleepwear

Athletic

Swimwear

Settling back into the swing of things was quite easy really, and having Sofia around was a breath of fresh air. Amy worked on my portrait while I saw to the garden and kept up with painting, as well as sculpting. Painting is my main concentration though, as it is my career. While we talked at breakfast, Sofia mentioned she'd need to see someone, to get things back to being just friends, if it was at all possible. Turns out she had a thing for DeAndre Wolf before meeting me. Well, by all accounts it didn't go too well, but they are still best friends. When Sofia returned home, Amy called her into her room to do a portrait. I thought that was rather strange, Sofia doesn't need to have a portrait. Anyway, that night Sofia and I relax and talk on our bed for a bit, before you know it one thing leads to another and...

The next morning Amy makes us all waffles, Sofia pays the bills and we all sit down to eat. During the meal Amy tells us that she's going to invite Marc over, good for her I say. Wait, what's this? Sofia doesn't seem to be feeling too good.

Hmm, was that laughter and friskiness I heard from Amy's room?

Wait, Amy is sick too?

Could it be Amy's cooking? No, as then I would be sick as well, and I'm fine. So what is it? Well, Sofia approaches me the next morning just after I make the bed and tells me she's pregnant. I knew it would happen, and although I didn't expect it so soon I am so happy.

As a bit of a treat I sent both of them to the spa for a nice massage. Why both? Well, I didn't want Sofia going on her own, and if my instincts are right, then Amy will be in for a surprise. While Amy came straight back, Sofia stopped by the book store and picked up a load of books. Mostly for skills, but also pregnancy books and, low and behold, the ambrosia recipe. Amy went for a nap as Sofia and I settled into reading. Sofia one of the pregnancy books, and I read an inventing book. This would be the easiest way for me to max the skill without any of the laborious work, or the risk of doing the journal challenges.

loveSims

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 05:44:44 PM »
It looks like there are nooboos on the way! Great update. :)

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 12:06:52 AM »
Things are going well in all, both Sofia and Amy are very happy and it's a joy to have them around. I can't wait to see how the little darlings turn out, as I was right, Amy is pregnant too. I am so happy at how blessed we have been, and both have taken a liking to eating fruit. Sofia eats slices of watermelon, while Amy chomps away at apples, apples that come from my garden. The pair are even bonding over their pregnancies.

And Sofia took it upon herself to earn a collection helper, she even tells me where to find seeds. Of course, it will help with her fishing when she goes back to it, but for the sake of the baby she has been staying home. Yet she didn't seem to fully understand the concept of resting, as she upgraded the toilet to be self cleaning. Women! Can't live with them, can't live without them. Still, she is still happy even though she does get the odd backache. For now we are just all waiting for the little darlings to arrive, there will be so much joy in the house.

Ahhh! It's not long after midnight and Sofia wakes me up with the words I've both dreaded and longed to here. The nooboo is coming! Oh my word, I can't help but panic. I have no idea how to ease her pain, and she doesn't want to go to the hospital as she'd be surrounded by all the other nooboos. What do I do? What do I do?

Allow me to introduce my darling daughter, Ryssa Partenopaeus. I can't believe how lucky I am that she got the same blue skin as me, that really made my day. She's an excitable little thing, yet she hates the outdoors. Of course, she is the apple of my eye, or should that be watermelon? It is good to spend time with her, and I enjoy taking care of her. She is so precious to me, I am glad she will get to stay with me, even after Sofia and Amy have gone.

It was later that day, after we'd all eaten some leftover pancakes, that Amy went into labour in front of her easel. She'd just done a medium painting and was about to deliver it to Jeffrey Castor when the pains hit. I regret to say that I went to paint, and Sofia decided to check herself out in our mirror, so poor Amy was left alone. In the end she gave birth to a happy and healthy boy, a little boy that she called Apollo.

He seems to have an ear for music, and is very smart, like a genius would be. Amy adores him, and so she should, he is adorable. And what's more, both of them received these strange dolls in the mail. None of us our sure about them, but if they will help make our precious nooboos happy, then who are we to argue? Since the nooboos have arrived things have settled back into some semblance of normal, and Amy even had Marc stay over one night. I'm not sure he really understood why there was a baby swing in Amy's room, with a baby in it, by all accounts he didn't interact with Apollo at all. They do love their swings though, but we'll need to try and wean them off once they grow to toddlers.

All too soon it was time for birthdays, and there was three in one day. I kid you not! First was me, then both of the nooboos.

My precious little Ryssa got the same hair colour as Sofia, and I think she may have Sofia's mouth as well, but I think she may have my eye colour if slightly lighter. She got a lovely wardrobe as well.

Everyday

Formal

Sleepwear

Little Apollo got tired before he could get his wardrobe, but that will come. Strangest thing is, the boy actually likes pink. No word of a lie, it's his favourite colour, while Ryssa's is hot pink. Those two would sure look cute together, as they already look cute separately, and having favourite colours that are similar, seems like the Fates are pulling strings.

Apollymi: She is beautiful, my son.
Acheron: Mother! Yes, she is. Little Ryssa has a lot to come to terms with later, but for now she gets away with being adorable.
Apollymi: I look forward to watching her grow. Such a precious little flower.
Acheron: I only wish you could actually be here to interact with her at such a stage in her life.
Apollymi: I know son, I do as well. Yet I can be proud that you've brought such a glorious child into the world. Enjoy the time that she is young, as it will soon be gone.
Acheron: I will mother. She will want for nothing.

My own pride swells as my mother's presence drifts away, proud in the knowledge that I have a lovely daughter, and that my mother is proud of me. It is not a selfish kind of pride, but one of accomplishment. However there is a bit of a downside to having become an adult, I am having a midlife crisis. My first thought was to divorce Sofia, but I could not do that, especially after giving me such a wonderful daughter.

LTW: Descendant of Da Vinci (0/3)
Career: Self-employed Painter (5/10)
Supermax: Painting (7/10, no challenges done)
Best Friends: Sofia Carlton, Amy Bull,
Black Ops: In the name of science!(Done!), Fresh Tomato Sauce(Done), Art Class(Done),
Investments:
Unique LTR's: Super green thumb,
Museum Pieces: YA Portrait(Done)

Ryssa Partenopaeus (Gen 2)
Excitable, Hates the outdoors.
LTW:
Career: Culinary
Supermax: Cooking
Best Friends:
Black Ops:
Investments:
Unique LTR's:
Museum Pieces:

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2012, 07:16:31 PM »
Ryssa just looks so adorable when she's asleep.

Apollo got his new wardrobe, before getting fed.

Everyday

Formal

Sleepwear

Of course there is time for fun and games too.

Of course, getting the portraits done was important so Amy got to work on mine, while I saw to Ryssa's. How's that for efficiency? Both the kids seem to love their strange dolls, I'm still unsure about them though. Sofia spends as much time as she can fishing, working up to being able to catch the deathfish we'll need. And there is teaching the kids their vital skills, such as walking...

..talking...

...and going potty.

I took some time out to go for a stroll with Ryssa, she is so precious to me.

Apollymi: Having fun there, little one?
Ryssa: Fun! Fun!
Apollymi: You enjoy your younger years, little one.

When Ryssa and I got home, my portrait was finished and Amy had started on one of Apollo. At first I wondered why, but then it was kind of obvious. He is her son, so why wouldn't she want to do a portrait of him. It was only a little while later that Amy aged up in front of her easel, Sofia and I were there to cheer for her.

Sparkles!

And pose!

And wouldn't you know it, Amy ends up going through a midlife crisis as well. I know how that is, I'm still in the middle of mine and it's no fun. Would you believe it, Apollo's portrait is Amy's first masterpiece, and yet it's one of those fuzzy portraits, not like the clear ones she has done of me and Sofia.

Short, I know but I couldn't keep you guys waiting much longer without something. But hey, there is plenty of toddler cuteness, right?

LTW: Descendant of Da Vinci (0/3)
Career: Self-employed Painter (5/10)
Supermax: Painting (7/10, no challenges done)
Best Friends: Sofia (Carlton) Parthenopaeus, Amy Bull, Ryssa Parthenopaeus
Black Ops: In the name of science!(Done!), Fresh Tomato Sauce(Done), Art Class(Done),
Investments:
Unique LTR's: Super green thumb,
Museum Pieces: YA Portrait(Done), Adult Portrait(Done),

Excitable, Hates the outdoors.
LTW:
Best Friends: Acheron Parthenopaeus,
Black Ops:
Investments:
Unique LTR's:
Museum Pieces: Toddler Portrait(In the works),

Offline Lysita

• Townie
Re: The Parthenopaeus Immortal Dynasty (Cuteness, birthdays, and more)
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 12:35:39 AM »
I might be changing my mind about those dolls, both kids look adorable with them and they aren't doing any harm that I can tell.

The children are happy most of the time, there was one incident where Apollo got so tired and cranky that he ended up going in his crib instead of being in his swing, but things calmed down quickly after that. I still have so much left to do to meet my requirements for immortality, I can't help wondering if I'm going to be able to complete them, and if I don't, where does that leave Ryssa? I'd hate to fail so close to the starting line, but raising the children has severely cut into my time, although Amy has done a good job with Apollo by herself. Marc never calls her, and I heard a rumour that he become an elder. Perhaps it's best that he never really took to Apollo, and maybe that why he stayed away, but I know Amy will be heartbroken when he passes, and so much sooner than she will. I feel bad for not having gotten to know him, but perhaps that is for the best as well, for who knows when his time will come.

Sooner than we were ready for, the kids birthday was upon us. I say birthday, and not birthdays, as once again they will be aging up together, they'll be starting their first day of school together. Will they attend prom together? I have no idea, but I certainly wouldn't be against them being together. Amy and I are still such good friends, as close as any friends could be. It will break my heart to not only see my darling Sofia depart, but my first ever friend as well. And I shall be there for her when she loses her beloved Marc, it would be the least I could do.

After everyone was up, we threw a little family party for the kids, as there is more important stuff to see to for the moment than making friends. Friends can come later, for now we need to build up our funds in order for me to buy the two investments I need, and to have enough ready for when Ryssa needs to take that step.

Looks like Apollo is in need of a wardrobe makeover. Stat!

Sparkles and crossed eyes for Ryssa.

And oh dear! Looks like another wardrobe malfunction.

But of course Ryssa grabs a slice of cake and starts running towards the house.

Acheron: Hey, hold up! What's the rush?
Ryssa: You know I hate being outdoors, dad.
Acheron: Yes, but the builders need to do some renovating. At least let them get that done first.
Ryssa: *sigh* Fine! But they better hurry.
Acheron: Now Ryssa, you don't want them getting the dimensions of your new room wrong, do you?
Ryssa: What? No! Never! It needs to be perfect! I won't accept anything less.
Acheron: Then let them take the time they need. It will be worth the wait.
Ryssa: It better be, or they'll be redoing it.
Acheron: Of course sweety!

Some time later!

Acheron: There! How is that?
Ryssa: *gasps* Awesome!
Acheron: I thought you'd like it. Apollo's room mirrors it in positioning, but the colours are reversed.
Ryssa: He likes pink? Gross!
Acheron: Hey now! You've seen how he looks in pink.
Ryssa: *purses her lips and stalks off to her room to change*

Ryssa: *mumbling to herself* Stupid dresser draw not wanting to open.

Everyday

Formal

Sleepwear

Athletic

Swimwear

And after growing older and getting her wardrobe fixed, my darling Ryssa decided to preside over her royal court. Apollo was a gentleman and gave her a bow, but it was in a position she would not have noticed it.

Meanwhile I was out harvesting in the communal gardens, which gave me quite a sum of fruits and vegetables, but of course I would not be planting many. My painting comes first and foremost. Still, Apollo needed his turn at the dresser and mirror, I just wonder how wise it is to let him choose his own clothes. Then again, he does seem to be very neat, and doesn't like things out of place, so we'll see.

Everyday

Formal

Sleepwear

Athletic

Swimwear

The next day was the first day of school for the children, and they sat next to each other on the bus. It eased my mind to see that, a show of solidarity against anything school might throw at them. I worked in my garden a little, adding some new plants and replacing dead ones, before doing some sculpting. Sofia found a hobby in doing laundry, with the new laundry room the builders added upstairs. She knows her fishing is important though, and will no doubt be back at it in no time. Amy continues to paint, and although she has time to reach the top of the cooking skill, it worries me that she chooses painting over cooking.

Sofia: What in Twinbrook, is that thing?
Yogi: Why I'm a magical laundry gnome, of course.
Sofia: Argh! It talks! *runs off to go fishing, picking up a couple of unknown special seeds on the way*
Yogi: Why do sims always do that? *huffs at not getting any answer*

After school the children did their homework, I called Ryssa in to start her portrait and they both headed up to their en-suite bathrooms before going to bed, although Ryssa did manage to bake a plate of muffins amidst it all. Amy sold another painting, they are bringing in quite a bit of money now, before she had a shower before bed. I stopped in the middle of doing Ryssa's portrait to do the same, before Sofia came home to eat and follow suit.

Sorry to keep you all waiting!

Excitable, Hates the outdoors, Perfectionist.
LTW:
Best Friends: Acheron Parthenopaeus,
Black Ops:
Investments:
Unique LTR's:
Museum Pieces: Toddler Portrait(Done), Child portrait(In the works),

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 07:55:23 AM »
I'd just like to mention that I've installed World Adventures and Pets, just to spice things up a bit, so don't be surprised if you see screenshots of animals. Also, before it's glaringly obvious, I forgot to take screenshots of Ryssa and Apollo after the sparkles. I thought I had, but when I went through them to get them ready for the update, which is in two parts, I didn't find ones for those. So I apologize for that, but I hope you all like their new wardrobes.

It seems I can breathe a sigh of relief as we've discovered these fantastic little items called the Multitab 6000, which allows people to learn two skills at the same time. How? You might ask, and the answer is pretty simple. See, you can listen to a tabcast on one skill, while physically working on another skill. Thus Amy has taken to listening to the cooking tabcasts while she paints, and I have taken to listening to the gardening tabcast while I paint, or sculpt. It really is a life-saver in my opinion, and I'm sure the kids will love theirs. Speaking of the kids, they had to go to school without breakfast as they didn't allow themselves enough time to eat, so I have no doubt they will be cranky after school. At least until they have eaten, that is.

Sofia's time is creeping ever closer, she's only four days away from being an elder and that realization makes me heartsick. Sofia might not have been keen on having children but she is a big part of the family and I couldn't have done this without her. Already she has taken to fishing in the graveyard, and while the thought of her in such a place at night gives me the creeps, I know it's the only place to acquire the deathfish required for the Ambrosia. To help speed up her fishing capability, she listens to the fishing tabcast while she fishes, and I am glad we found these multitabs before it was too late.

Amy has done a painting she wants to keep, and I don't blame her. It looks pretty awesome.

Ryssa did a plate of blueberry muffins, in her royal court outfit.

Amy hit the top of the painting skill, I am so proud to have her as my friend. And Sofia caught her first deathfish, quickly followed by a second after she hit the top of the fishing skill.

I really could not be any prouder of all my girls. And with it now being the weekend, I'm looking forward to seeing Ryssa really getting some cooking done with her little oven, she's already told me she wants to sell some of her little confectionaries. Surely enough, she set about baking a bunch of goodies and had a nice supply on her selling table. Unfortunately no one wanted to buy any of them, and she'd stood at that table until she needed to go to bed, in the outdoors that she hates. All of that sacrafice for nothing. Well, at least the baking will help her on her way to being the best cook in the neighbourhood.

And what do you know, the next day she has much better luck, and I know she has the potential to go far. If I can juggle four skills, I am sure she can manage one skill very well. One day while doing the laundry I found a laundry gnome. Why they look like bears is beyond me, but we now have a second magical laundry gnome.

Yogi(laying down): Heya Booboo! It's so good to see you buddy.

Tomorrow Sofia becomes an elder, and not only that, Ryssa and Apollo will be becoming teens as well. Sure, cooking will be much easier for Ryssa once she becomes a teen, but it means my little girl is growing up. I would love to just be able to keep her the age she is, being happy, being my little girl. Ah well, one can dream.

Early the next morning, because the kids were awake and raring to go, we did a little family party. Sofia blew out her candles first, Yogi and Booboo thought they'd join in on the celebrations as well.

Then it was Ryssa's turn.

Followed by Apollo.

Ryssa was the first to hit the dresser and choose her clothes.

Everyday

Formal

Sleepwear

Athletic

Swimwear

anything