Author Topic: Millionaire Mansion: Castle Costalot (because it cost a lot)  (Read 51199 times)

Offline YZJay

• Occult
Re: Millionaire Mansion: Castle Costalot (because it cost a lot)
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2012, 12:22:59 AM »
Very informative. I've been building one of my own for some time now and this would help a lot.

Leto85

« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2012, 03:31:37 AM »
Interesting you two.
Perhaps the both of you would like to upload pictures once you're ready. Perhaps we can learn from each other.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline YZJay

• Occult
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2012, 03:39:55 AM »
I already have, it's in the showboat thread, the scale is smaller than yours but I'm pleased with the results so far.

Leto85

« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2012, 04:11:25 AM »
I already have, it's in the showboat thread, the scale is smaller than yours but I'm pleased with the results so far.

Linky? :)

Offline YZJay

• Occult

Leto85

« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2012, 05:52:16 AM »
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,1468.2800.html
It's the latest post for now.

Thank you. I've just seen it and I can say that I really love your house. It's like a museum, the form, the style. No wonder it's based on collecting.
I highly recommend you to upload the house in a separate topic. Or making your own topic about the house including the building progress.

SimBlip

« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2012, 07:40:26 PM »
Your castle is, as so many others said, amazing. I hope you fill it with witches, werewolves and other supernatural creatures. In other words, I hope you will entertain us with stories from Costalot! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2012, 03:14:11 AM »
Your castle is, as so many others said, amazing. I hope you fill it with witches, werewolves and other supernatural creatures. In other words, I hope you will entertain us with stories from Costalot! :)

Thanks.
I don't have Supernatural though so I guess it is up to you guys to fill this castle with these beings.

Mappin

« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2012, 08:54:52 PM »
Just jawdropping! I love the Museum von Skills and took the time to look into every chest - an unbelievable amount of work must have gone into filling them and I found myself just saying 'Wow' over and over again. Also love that you created the notes on the plaques and added a World Adventures aspect to the castle! I appreciate the empty display areas, too, so my sims can build their own collections.  Next up is finding wall space to hold all the paintings from the chest and see what they look like.

As happened to grimsoul, items from missing stuff packs were replaced with cheap computers. Pretty funny. I'm tempted to pick up the two stuff packs I don't currently own just to see what the computers are supposed to be. The only immediate change I plan to make is removing washers, dryers and hampers. Laundry is my least favorite weekly task in real life and I like to give my sims a reprieve from it.  ;D

Thank you so much for creating and sharing this with everyone.

Leto85

« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2012, 05:04:40 AM »
You're welcome Mappin. And I believe you are the first one who had encountered the hidden museum downstairs. At least the first who had mentioned it. :)
In the front of the museum, right underneath the antres of the house if I'm not mistaken is a flat area where you could place all the different gem cut you have. Anushka had uploaded a complete set, up to date with the latest expansion and when using moveObjects on you should be able to put them all in place.
Of course, representing your own collection and trying to complete that one is also a possibility.

SimBlip

« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2012, 04:21:15 PM »
Just jawdropping! Also love that you created the notes on the plaques (...)

Notes about the plagues? I'd be very interested in that. Would you tell us more about that, Leto?

Leto85

« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2012, 05:53:03 PM »
Notes about the plagues? I'd be very interested in that. Would you tell us more about that, Leto?

Hah, sure. You can find those hanging on the wall in the basement, which functions as a museum. It's my way to provide the visitor with extra information. Unfortunately, you need ti have World Adventures installed in order to see those so the Vanilla games among us won't see them.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2012, 03:03:11 PM »
Wow, Leto, that's a great castle!!! I'm gonna try to download it and put it in my game. I have all EP's and SP's, so I'm curious to see it all. I loved your butler too btw! :)

ps Even though I am Dutch, I also got a little confused about the price. But I think that is mainly because you've put a dot only at one place in stead of two. You have put § 2704.530 so I thought it was little under 3000. But that made me look twice since that's not possible ;) If you would put an extra dot like this: § 2.704.530 it is a lot more clear what you mean.
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Leto85

« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2012, 05:11:51 PM »
Wow, Leto, that's a great castle!!! I'm gonna try to download it and put it in my game. I have all EP's and SP's, so I'm curious to see it all. I loved your butler too btw! :)

ps Even though I am Dutch, I also got a little confused about the price. But I think that is mainly because you've put a dot only at one place in stead of two. You have put § 2704.530 so I thought it was little under 3000. But that made me look twice since that's not possible ;) If you would put an extra dot like this: § 2.704.530 it is a lot more clear what you mean.

Done. :)

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2012, 11:26:44 AM »
Done. :)

You say done, but I don't see the change...?
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D