Author Topic: Pictures sims have painted  (Read 328543 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: Pictures sims have painted
« Reply #615 on: May 11, 2011, 10:46:03 PM »
It definitely looks like a plumbbob!  ;D

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #616 on: May 12, 2011, 08:17:41 AM »
I think it is a tombstone with the Plumbob on it.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #617 on: May 13, 2011, 12:23:55 PM »
I had a sim paint these two pictures today. I'd never seen either of them before.
The first one is quite interesting, and I think the second is rather cute!

The cat one is adorable. I love the cat one. What level did you paint it on?

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #618 on: May 13, 2011, 10:39:27 PM »
My sim was on level 10 painting when she painted the kitten.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #619 on: May 13, 2011, 10:40:50 PM »
I know when my sim painted that picture, she was only on level 5 or so.  She had painted a blurred one and then a real clear one like the one pictured.  :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #620 on: May 16, 2011, 02:35:05 AM »
I know when my sim painted that picture, she was only on level 5 or so.  She had painted a blurred one and then a real clear one like the one pictured.  :)

Do you have to have a specific trait to paint the kitten sleeping picture? I know some paintings are individual based on the Sims' traits.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #621 on: May 16, 2011, 04:33:39 AM »
Do you have to have a specific trait to paint the kitten sleeping picture? I know some paintings are individual based on the Sims' traits.

You do? How? I had Sims with neutral traits painted all available paintings (158 of them, uploaded in Swap Shop). I also had one Sim started all those paintings but he could finish only 30 of them cause of the skill challenge bugg. So far I haven't seen any new. Traits influence style of paintings, (insain, neurotic, evil, computer whiz, genoius, grumpy and artistic - maybe I miss some here), but any Sim can paint any painting. Most of the paintings are available on lower level skill, and if your Sim didn't paint them then, it is less likely he/she will paint them when skill is maxed. Do you have different expirience than this?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #622 on: May 16, 2011, 01:57:46 PM »
When this thread was started quite some time ago, there was a discussion on different traits triggering different styles of paintings.  At that time, there were only certain paintings painted by sims with certain traits.  Of course, now, like you said, most sims will paint the same paintings, but because of certain traits, they might be darker, lighter or tiles.  They will still, eventually paint the painting as it is suppose to be at some point.  I started this thread not too long after sims came out, so alot has changed since then.  So people that have had this game from the beginning, might have different prospectives on what they paint now.  I can see a big difference in how sims paint. :)

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #623 on: May 16, 2011, 03:42:08 PM »
I didn't ment to sound this harsh (if that is a right word). I reacted to claim "I know". I've been folowing this tread for a long time (almost since you started it :)), and trait influence was open question, until that list many pages ago about blur, bluish or redish paintings and their conection with traits. I also saw many questions about posibility that traits triggered specific paintings, but none (that I seen) ever claim that for certain. And since Ausette unlocked all paintings with one Sim, and later I did it too, I thought that was clearly a proof of paintings triggering randomly same for all Sims, and that all conections we made were accidential (like that there is higher chance of green thumb to paint "Green kebab" few paiges ago). I also went trough this tread many times checking paintings that are posted to see if I miss some in my collection. Again, I'm sorry for overreacting.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #624 on: May 16, 2011, 04:00:16 PM »
I didn't take it that way at all.  Personally, I think the paintings are random anyway.  There are a few traits that trigger certain colors.  I have gone back through this thread myself a few times and there are paintings that my sims have not painted yet.  I still would like to know why I have never gotten that painting again of the couple on the bridge.  I adore that one, but have not had a sim paint that since the game came out.  I really want that one, lol.   I think we all have certain theories of sims and their paintings and I guess we may never know what really triggers what. :)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #625 on: May 16, 2011, 05:25:41 PM »
My 5th generation dynasty spouse painted the prettiest picture I've ever seen in game the other night:

His traits include artistic, savvy sculptor, perfectionist and I forget the other 2.  It is now hanging up in the living room where everyone can see it.  :D

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #626 on: May 16, 2011, 06:37:04 PM »
Here's a link it explains what traits influence what kind of painting http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Painting#Styles

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #627 on: May 17, 2011, 02:56:06 AM »
@Kat
I love that picture. I've had it painted a few times, and I always keep it because it's so pretty.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #628 on: May 17, 2011, 02:56:47 AM »
That explained the paintings at one time, but you really can't go by that anymore.  I have sims with all sorts of traits paint those same paintings, even without the certain traits.  I am not saying it is wrong, just saying that evil still might paint a normal and clear painting and artistic still might paint a blurry painting or tiled.  I guess it just depends on what mood you sim is in, lol. :)

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #629 on: May 17, 2011, 04:06:03 AM »
That explained the paintings at one time, but you really can't go by that anymore.  I have sims with all sorts of traits paint those same paintings, even without the certain traits.  I am not saying it is wrong, just saying that evil still might paint a normal and clear painting and artistic still might paint a blurry painting or tiled.  I guess it just depends on what mood you sim is in, lol. :)
Hm, when do you think that the traits stropped being a reliable influence, Salty?
Just wondering. :)
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

anything