Author Topic: Pictures sims have painted  (Read 328532 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Pictures sims have painted
« Reply #495 on: February 26, 2011, 08:15:46 PM »
Welcome to the forum and I am glad that you have been inspired.  This place seems to do that to a person.  Your art gallery is great and good luck getting more paintings. Leto is right, evil sims paint the reds and blues, I believe grumpy does too.  Try a different mix and see what you come up with. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #496 on: February 26, 2011, 09:50:43 PM »
Welcome to the forum, LoveEvil! I made my first post on this thread too.  :D

If you're collecting every painting, perhaps you'd like to dowload my Painting Experiment? You can find the concept here, with updates on the subsequent pages. None of the paintings are completed, but it's a good guideline if you're not sure which ones you're missing. I'd love to download your gallery if you put it on the exchange.  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #497 on: February 26, 2011, 10:25:42 PM »
Hi, I have been a lurker here on and off for a while but wanted to join today to thank you all for the lovely pictures and information in this thread.  ;)

I was making an art gallery and wanted to do a painting display by one of my sims and became stuck after about 55 paintings as she kept painting the same things, after reading the info here I changed her traits and got some new painting which helped me finish it off.

I think I will have to continue getting my sims to paint more often though as I see there are lots of great painting that I have yet to find.  ;D

How do you set up paintings like that?
I thought you could only have one painting on each piece of wall.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #498 on: February 26, 2011, 10:30:43 PM »

How do you set up paintings like that?
I thought you could only have one painting on each piece of wall.

The Late Night patch lets you move paintings up and down walls by clicking, holding and dragging up and down. If you get two paintings at different heights you can put them on the same piece of wall, like this:

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #499 on: February 26, 2011, 10:43:37 PM »
Welcome to the forum and I am glad that you have been inspired.  This place seems to do that to a person.  Your art gallery is great and good luck getting more paintings. Leto is right, evil sims paint the reds and blues, I believe grumpy does too.  Try a different mix and see what you come up with. :)

Evil and hot-headed sims (I think) paint in shades of red sometimes.  Grumpy sims paint in shades of blue.  But if you want some really neat effects on paintings, try a neurotic painter.  A lot of times they paint with a glowing neon effect.  It makes for some extremely chaotic paintings.

The sim I'm training to paint portraits in my dynasty right now is neurotic.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #500 on: February 26, 2011, 11:17:00 PM »
The Late Night patch lets you move paintings up and down walls by clicking, holding and dragging up and down. If you get two paintings at different heights you can put them on the same piece of wall.

Thanks Ausette. I don't have late night, that's probably why I never noticed it :D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #501 on: February 27, 2011, 12:32:53 AM »
@Ausette:

I've been able to place paintings purchased in Buy Mode in different spots on the wall, but the paintings done by my current Sim aren't working.  I grab one and try to slide up or down, but I don't get the arrows and it won't move, except to try to go to a different spot altogether.  Any suggestions?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #502 on: February 27, 2011, 12:37:10 AM »
@Ausette:

I've been able to place paintings purchased in Buy Mode in different spots on the wall, but the paintings done by my current Sim aren't working.  I grab one and try to slide up or down, but I don't get the arrows and it won't move, except to try to go to a different spot altogether.  Any suggestions?

Huh, that's odd, I can usually get it to work. Try using moveobjects on. If you have furniture, lights, windows or other paintings nearby they can block it from moving. It has to be a painting from an easel, too. Sadly I can't move sketches up and down at all  :(.

EDIT: It's a real shame sketches can't be moved up and down walls. I'd really like to. And so would this guy:

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #503 on: February 27, 2011, 01:33:15 AM »
Haha, I bet he would, Ausette!
:D
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #504 on: February 27, 2011, 01:58:02 AM »
@Ausette:

It's a brand new blank wall that I just made specifically to hold paintings.  They are from an easel and I do have it set to moveobjects on.  This is really strange.

Edit:  Ok, now I feel silly.  It works just fine when I'm in Buy Mode.  I was trying to do it in Live Mode straight from my Sim's inventory.  ;D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #505 on: February 27, 2011, 02:05:58 AM »
Oh, good, glad that's sorted  ;D.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #506 on: February 27, 2011, 02:55:13 AM »
First of all, you can't move paintings up and down the wall in live mode at all.  I'm not sure if that's what you're doing, but I wanted to throw that out there just in case.

To move a painting in buy mode, you first have to place it (which I'm guessing is already done).  Sometimes it works better if you go into buy mode, pick it up and take it off the wall, then put it right back on.  When you click on it next, hold the mouse button (if you release it, you'll pick it up again), then move the cursor up or down to get the arrow.  Once it's at the spot you want it, let go of the button and it should be placed.  You can then move the painting to any wall and it will remain at that height.

Another thing I've been noticing lately is that buy mode has become a little glitchy when the family inventory is open:  items removed from there sometimes can't be placed unless you drop them back into the family inventory, and when you pick something up to move it, sometimes it's hard to drop it.  In case that's what is happening, it is easily fixed by simply dropping the painting into family inventory, then placing it back on the wall.  After it's been replaced, try to move it again.

Edit:  I'm too slow it seems lol.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #507 on: February 27, 2011, 03:09:20 AM »
Edit:  I'm too slow it seems lol.

nonetheless I appreciate the explanation :)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #508 on: February 27, 2011, 04:51:30 AM »
There is a Much Easier way in my opinion to do this, you can do it Via Keyboard.  :)

I don't remember which one does which but these are the two keys you press for alternative heights etc. : ; and #, on either side of the @ Key and you can move them up and down on my Keyboard.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #509 on: February 27, 2011, 04:54:07 AM »
There is a Much Easier way in my opinion to do this, you can do it Via Keyboard.  :)

I don't remember which one does which but these are the two keys you press for alternative heights etc. : ; and #, on either side of the @ Key and you can move them up and down on my Keyboard.

On my keyboard, the ! is to the left of the @ key.  ; is to the right of L.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog