Author Topic: Pictures sims have painted  (Read 328683 times)

Leto85

Re: Pictures sims have painted
« Reply #480 on: January 10, 2011, 09:21:41 AM »
Nice Shenice! What are the traits of your painter? It may be trickered by the Green Thumb trait.

Offline Huge

• Townie
« Reply #481 on: January 10, 2011, 10:41:19 AM »
I couldn't believe it when Homer Simson (Simpson with a silent 'p' lol) painted Vermeer's most famous work. I literally loled. I've seen the work in real life, and yes it's slightly different. More Sims-ish somehow. But for it to appear in a computer game like The Sims... genius.

I love also how the top music players play well known pieces. For piano it was easy Beethoven Piano Sonata No. 14 "Moonlight" Mvt 2, and Chopin's Prelude No. 4 "Suffocation" to name but 2.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Shenice93

« Reply #482 on: January 10, 2011, 11:52:06 AM »
Nice Shenice! What are the traits of your painter? It may be trickered by the Green Thumb trait.

Nope she doesn't have the green thumb trait. Her traits are: party animal, flirty, hopeless romantic, good kisser and star quality. She is also a vampire. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #483 on: January 10, 2011, 06:53:53 PM »
That's interesting.
Can being a vampire cause a sim to paint unique pictures?
What about a mummy?
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Shenice93

« Reply #484 on: January 10, 2011, 06:58:34 PM »
Hmm I'm not entirely sure. I don't think so because she painted a bunch of other ones that I have seen other sims paint. That green was the only one I have never seen.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #485 on: January 10, 2011, 07:01:50 PM »
Thanks for the quick answer, Shenice.
And I love your siggy ;)
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #486 on: January 11, 2011, 04:24:29 PM »
I get your 'Green Kebab' a lot, I always sell it because it only seems to hang in green rooms and I don't normally have them.  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Shenice93

« Reply #487 on: January 11, 2011, 06:59:12 PM »
Thanks for the quick answer, Shenice.
And I love your siggy ;)

Thanks, that sig came to me in a dream a while back most of which I don't remember. :D

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #488 on: February 25, 2011, 07:40:28 AM »
I don't know if this one has been posted (it probably has), but I hadn't seen it before.
I quite like it. It was a masterpiece, and worth $3460.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #489 on: February 25, 2011, 07:48:54 AM »
That is one of my favorites.  It probably is on here somewhere, but it doesn't matter, it is such a pretty painting. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #490 on: February 25, 2011, 08:27:44 AM »
I get it a lot, too much!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #491 on: February 25, 2011, 08:44:31 AM »
I have this one painter, if I put it on small, she paints the same one, over and over.  It is the same with medium and large.  Not quite sure what is up with that.  No matter what size, she paints the same picture in that certain size.  That is the first time that has happened.  Unfortunately, the family that I actually used to start this thread, I accidently deleted the town, drats.  Not sure what I was thinking, but the original family had probably every painting in their house and inventory that was made in this game, hundreds of paintings.  I was devastated when I found out what I had done.  I keep looking for it in hopes that is will show back up, not. Oh well, that is what I get for not paying attention. :(
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #492 on: February 25, 2011, 12:18:38 PM »
I don't think if EA change the paintings just for copyright reasons, but also to put their own personal spin on them. Either way, they turned out rather nicely.

Actually, when most of those classic paintings were created, copyright laws didn't exist.  And even if they did, the artist's family can only claim copyright for 100 years after the artist's death, which would put most of the classics into public domain right now.

And in case you haven't noticed, the Mona Lisa put on a few pounds since the great master, Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci immortalized her.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

LoveEvil

« Reply #493 on: February 26, 2011, 11:47:22 AM »
Hi, I have been a lurker here on and off for a while but wanted to join today to thank you all for the lovely pictures and information in this thread.  ;)

I was making an art gallery and wanted to do a painting display by one of my sims and became stuck after about 55 paintings as she kept painting the same things, after reading the info here I changed her traits and got some new painting which helped me finish it off.

I think I will have to continue getting my sims to paint more often though as I see there are lots of great painting that I have yet to find.  ;D

Leto85

« Reply #494 on: February 26, 2011, 08:11:53 PM »
@LoveEvil: I like your museum. The way you've placed those paintings on the wall in a sort of Mondriaan style is really touching.
Because of your nickname here, try to get a Evil or Mean Spirited sim to paint. You will get really cool red results.