Author Topic: Pictures sims have painted  (Read 328723 times)

Offline JeffGuy

• Llama Wrangler
  • "Look! A Pigeon Pie!" - The Pure Randomness
Re: Pictures sims have painted
« Reply #465 on: October 24, 2010, 05:16:30 AM »
Uh... why would I hurt you? ???

I think Sofie thought that you would tack because she didn't know who the Shadow Pokémon is, and you seem to be such a fan of Pokémon.
Maybe related to: "I am Sonic the Hedgehog, the Ultimate Lifeform" or something like that? :D
"There's a lot of things I don't understand...but that's what makes life special" - GMM

Offline Sophie4563

• Townie
« Reply #466 on: October 24, 2010, 08:30:40 AM »
I think Sofie thought that you would tack because she didn't know who the Shadow Pokémon is, and you seem to be such a fan of Pokémon.
Maybe related to: "I am Sonic the Hedgehog, the Ultimate Lifeform" or something like that? :D

At least I know that Sonic and Shadow aren't Pokemon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #467 on: October 24, 2010, 10:27:12 AM »
He's not a pokémon and I do know about him in the Sonic universe, but I can ironically not see him in the picture! Can anybody give me a hint as to where he is? :-[
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #468 on: October 24, 2010, 12:14:04 PM »
He's not a pokémon and I do know about him in the Sonic universe, but I can ironically not see him in the picture! Can anybody give me a hint as to where he is? :-[
Ok... Photobucket was being mean today, and wouldn't let me post anything, so I couldn't outline where I see him, but:

*Look at the big, purple, oval.

*Imagine that as his mouth. (odd, I know...)

*Look at the white splotch above the mouth, with the smaller back blob on it.

*Imagine that as his muzzle. (i.e: the flesh-toned part below his eyes. Look at my avatar if you're confused.)

*Speaking of eyes, I can't really see any. Maybe he's closing them?

*Avert your eyes away, and look at the purple... crescent... like... thing?

*That's one of his inhibitors (the gold rings on his wrists and ankles), and the white part is his hand, although it's very small.

*The red stripes going horizontally behind everything I just pointed out are his... umm... red stripes.

*Everything else behind what I pointed out is his black fur.

*Also, I find it easiest to see him if you just look at the picture from my post, and not clicking on it and opening it full size. When I did, I had to concentrate really hard to see him again.

I hope these help, I know they were kinda confusing...  :-\
Formerly Simstar3

Offline JeffGuy

• Llama Wrangler
  • "Look! A Pigeon Pie!" - The Pure Randomness
« Reply #469 on: October 24, 2010, 11:00:21 PM »
God sorry, I didn't mean Pokémon, I'd just been reading CJ Silver's legacy, so I was confused... LOL
"There's a lot of things I don't understand...but that's what makes life special" - GMM

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #470 on: October 24, 2010, 11:29:54 PM »
God sorry, I didn't mean Pokémon, I'd just been reading CJ Silver's legacy, so I was confused... LOL
We all do it at one time or another!  ;D ;D

Leto85

« Reply #471 on: December 16, 2010, 05:35:16 PM »
Here is another pic, funny thing, this one looks just like my grandaughter, thought I was seeing things when I saw this pic.

Out of 30 paintings, she only painted one painting twice, funny how you miss certain sims.  Anybody else like that, I hope so, lol

I've never replied to a post from the prehistory of this topic but now I feel the need to do so: My sims has painted this painting and I know this one excist in real life but I just can't find it on the internet. Can someone please tell me what the original name of this painting is because I'm desperate to know.
Thanks in advance. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #472 on: December 16, 2010, 05:42:46 PM »
I've never replied to a post from the prehistory of this topic but now I feel the need to do so: My sims has painted this painting and I know this one excist in real life but I just can't find it on the internet. Can someone please tell me what the original name of this painting is because I'm desperate to know.
Thanks in advance. :)
The painting is called Girl with a Pearl Earring by a Dutch painter named Johannes Vermeer.  You are welcome.  :)

EDIT: On Wikipedia it has the Dutch translation: Het Meisje met de Parel.  I hope that is your language and I hope Wikipedia has it correct!  Forgive me if either are wrong. 
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #473 on: December 16, 2010, 05:45:00 PM »
This painting's called Girl With a Pearl Earring, by Johannes Vermeer. There are actually quite a few reallied paintins on The Sims 3, Like the Mona Lisa and The Birth of Venus. I'm pretty sure someone mentioned them on this thread if you want to take a look.
I'm not mad at you for resurrecting the thread; this was the first one I'd ever commented on.  :)

EDIT: Hey gerrr00, you got in right before me  ;D. Sorry my answer's redundant.

Leto85

« Reply #474 on: December 16, 2010, 05:51:16 PM »
Thanks Gerrr and Ausette for the extremely quick answers. Checking back: withing ONE minute Gerrr? Wow, that is just outstanding! :|

So it was a Dutch painter? I feel ashame right now, haha! Living in Holland without even recognizing the old Dutch Masters.
Ah well, at least I've recognized the Mondriaans in The Sims 3. :P

@ Ausette: Take a very close look at the Mona Lisa in The Sims 3. You may see a slight different in the background compared to the original. ;)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #475 on: December 16, 2010, 06:32:15 PM »
@ Ausette: Take a very close look at the Mona Lisa in The Sims 3. You may see a slight different in the background compared to the original. ;)

Are those... palm trees? Cool! I guess Mona needs a holiday every now and then.

Leto85

« Reply #476 on: December 16, 2010, 06:42:55 PM »
Are those... palm trees? Cool! I guess Mona needs a holiday every now and then.

Exactly! I didn't notice it myself before until you through up some real ecsisting titles and with the Sims still open I saw the difference.
maybe EA wasn't aloud to use the original in the game or they prever doing it this way, creating a sort of inside joke.

The Birth of Venus is my personal painting in The Sims 3. I like the style, and the Venus' head
is also used at the logo for the painting program Adobe Illustrator, where I saw it first actually.
The Birth of Venus is also always the highest valuable painting my sim would paint.

@Gerrr: 'Het meisje met de parel' is the right exact and litterly translation indeed. You aren't Dutch yourself, are you?

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #477 on: December 16, 2010, 06:45:22 PM »
@Gerrr: 'Het meisje met de parel' is the right exact and litterly translation indeed. You aren't Dutch yourself, are you?
I am not Dutch, but a Southern California girl.  :)  I got the translation from a website.
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #478 on: December 16, 2010, 06:58:16 PM »
Here's another real-life painting from earlier in the thread, I knew I recognised it:

The bottom one is Un dimanche aprčs-midi ŕ l'île de la Grande Jatte ("Sunday afternoon on the island of La Grande Jatte" I think it's called in English) by Georges Seurat EDIT: This is the real one

I don't think if EA change the paintings just for copyright reasons, but also to put their own personal spin on them. Either way, they turned out rather nicely.

Shenice93

« Reply #479 on: January 10, 2011, 08:38:57 AM »
Here's a picture one of my Sims painted.

I called it "Green Kebab" because that's what it looks like.

anything