Author Topic: Pictures sims have painted  (Read 328517 times)

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
Re: Pictures sims have painted
« Reply #435 on: September 26, 2010, 01:54:05 AM »
Is her skin color CC? How did it get purple?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #436 on: September 26, 2010, 02:26:28 AM »
No, her skin's just a pale shade of the base game's blue. I've dressed her up in pink clothes and makeup, so all over she looks slightly purple. Funny, looking back on some of the pictures her skin does look a little pinkish, I never noticed that before.  :o Oh, and just to fend off future queries, her everyday outfit isn't CC either. It's from the Electric Rock branch of the Music career, I've just recoloured it to suit her.

Quick edit: I just couldn't resist posting another picture of her.

Isn't she gorgeous? Go on, go download the file, you know you want her...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #437 on: September 26, 2010, 04:37:02 AM »
Isn't she gorgeous? Go on, go download the file, you know you want her...

I tried to, but there's something wrong on either my end or the website, so I'll head off to bed and try again when I get back up.

I saw AU, and for just a moment, I thought, "Alternate Universe." Can you tell I used to read fan-fiction?   ;D

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday." Craig Ferguson, Late Late Show theme song.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #438 on: September 26, 2010, 04:41:43 AM »
Fell free to browse the rest of my studio, just keep in mind that one of the sims (you'll see the hair) and the Sunsong Starter house contain a bit of CC.

Please be sure to remember not to post any links to your uploads on the Exchange that contain third party custom content.  We strongly discourage its use and want our members to feel safe that they are getting "clean" downloads from anyone here in the Forum.

Love those paintings, by the way.  :)

Here's something my brother thought up: if a Sim has the Dislikes Children trait, they won't paint kiddy paintings. He's never played the Sims, he was just guessing. Tell me what you think! :)

I've never played the Dislikes Children trait, but I don't think it would prevent a painter Sim from doing a portrait of a child.  But I'm not sure that's what you meant.  Are you talking about the childish looking paintings that sometimes come out?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #439 on: September 26, 2010, 04:57:40 AM »
I tried to, but there's something wrong on either my end or the website, so I'll head off to bed and try again when I get back up.

I saw AU, and for just a moment, I thought, "Alternate Universe." Can you tell I used to read fan-fiction?   ;D

Rats, it's the hair. I was hoping people would be able to download the lot anyway, but I think the store content is stopping them. I hoped she'd just come out bald or something (as if she hasn't gone through enough...). Perhaps I'll try again, sans hair? Or not, considering it only has three downloads?

Alternate Universe, Ha ha. Australia's not that distant, or so I hope. You know I figured out today that if the stats are right, and there are 50 million people on The Sims, that's twice as many people as there are in this continent. Eep.

Oh and thanks Pam, I'll keep that in mind when linking to the exchange. You know I think you have to go all or nothing with CC, and I'm not really comfortable with it, so I'll have to give my studio a good purge sometime. One question though, are custom patterns okay? I've got a few and I'm wondering if they're within regulation, seeing as EA have made a Create-A-Pattern tool.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #440 on: September 26, 2010, 10:20:01 AM »
@Ausette.  Thanks so much for making Mary Sue available for download.  I have downloaded her and will check her out and her easels when I fire up the game in a little while.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #441 on: September 26, 2010, 10:25:26 AM »
I've never played the Dislikes Children trait, but I don't think it would prevent a painter Sim from doing a portrait of a child.  But I'm not sure that's what you meant.  Are you talking about the childish looking paintings that sometimes come out?
I think he meant the ones like the "Hey Diddle-Diddle" painting.
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #442 on: September 26, 2010, 08:55:19 PM »
Rats, it's the hair. I was hoping people would be able to download the lot anyway, but I think the store content is stopping them. I hoped she'd just come out bald or something (as if she hasn't gone through enough...). Perhaps I'll try again, sans hair? Or not, considering it only has three downloads?

It wasn't the hair; I have that. The whole site was a mess last night/early this morning. I was able to download it just fine a little while ago.

Alternate Universe, Ha ha. Australia's not that distant, or so I hope. You know I figured out today that if the stats are right, and there are 50 million people on The Sims, that's twice as many people as there are in this continent. Eep.

No wonder I got overwhelmed on their forums! And though the flight from the States might seem interminable, not that I've ever been, I don't think it's another universe. It's just that 5-10 years ago, the only time I'd see AU was on fanfic.   :)

Oh and thanks Pam, I'll keep that in mind when linking to the exchange. You know I think you have to go all or nothing with CC, and I'm not really comfortable with it, so I'll have to give my studio a good purge sometime. One question though, are custom patterns okay? I've got a few and I'm wondering if they're within regulation, seeing as EA have made a Create-A-Pattern tool.

I don't think Store downloads or anything made with CAP count as CC. CC usually originates on other sites (though a lot of people upload houses and Sims with it to the official site), and can carry viruses. I cleaned out my CC a while back, but I may have a few Sims I made at first with one item of clothing or a hairstyle that's CC before I cleaned out my installed files. The responsible creators of CC put their website's name or their own name across the picture so you can identify it easily. Others have the Sim logo in the corner and can be trickier to detect. That being said. I have a few items of CC in my game that I'm aware could cause problems. I'm thankful that I haven't had any big ones so far. ::knocks on wood:: Since I know it's CC, I never use it on Sims I upload now. Fortunately, the few times I used CAP on CC and tried to upload it to my Studio, the site prevented me from doing so, which clued me in it was CC. The CC stuff that turn up in Buy or Build is the hardest for me to identify and thus to get rid of and I know I have some in there.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday." Craig Ferguson, Late Late Show theme song.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #443 on: September 26, 2010, 11:15:34 PM »
I think he meant the ones like the "Hey Diddle-Diddle" painting.

Well, that can't be too hard to test out! I think it's time to get good old Mary Sue back out of retirement, after a quick trait change of course. Hey Mary Sue, I've got another job for ya!

*WHUMP.*
Oh, grow up already, you little drama queen. Well, after minimal struggling Mary Sue started to paint. It didn't take long for this painting to show up:

Y'know, I never noticed it before, but all of the characters in that painting look really, really spooked. Perhaps it's just the artist's frame of mind coming through. Well, it was a pretty good theory, but I don't think traits affect the actual paintings that come out, although they do affect the medium. Mary Sue has Commitment Issues, but that didn't stop her from painting pictures of happy couples. Sorry Susie, had to be done! I don't think she'll ever forgive me now.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #444 on: September 27, 2010, 12:28:24 AM »

Custom patterns are the least of the evils, in my opinion.  However, I've downloaded some that were just a mess and I haven't put them back into my game after my most recent reinstall.  I have a better idea of what to look for now, though, so it shouldn't be as bad next time.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #445 on: September 27, 2010, 05:38:18 PM »
Poor Mary Sue! She seems really reluctant to paint! I would too if I was her!  ;D

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #446 on: September 27, 2010, 08:51:48 PM »
Ok! Question answered! Thanks for testing it out, Ausette! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #447 on: September 27, 2010, 11:08:33 PM »
No problem!  :D

Oh, and can I quickly go off topic to just grovel at NeoFelis? Thanks so much for the gift and the recs, yay! I'd gift right you back, but I'm sort of down to my last 5 Simpoints until I buy another expansion. Anyway, thank you!   ;D

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #448 on: September 28, 2010, 12:40:03 AM »
Oh, and can I quickly go off topic to just grovel at NeoFelis? Thanks so much for the gift and the recs, yay! I'd gift right you back, but I'm sort of down to my last 5 Simpoints until I buy another expansion. Anyway, thank you!   ;D

No need to grovel or gift me back! I was just in the mood.  :D  As for the recs, I think it's terrible that dozens or more (sometimes many more) people download stuff people share on the Exchange and then can't bother to recommend any of it. So I try to rec when I download, particularly since I don't do much downloading anymore.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #449 on: October 05, 2010, 02:48:40 AM »
Here are a couple that were painted by my generation 2 Immortal, Nectarine Dreamweaver.  The first she painted on her own (I've never seen it before) and the other is a picture of their France vacation home painted from memory.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything