Author Topic: Pictures sims have painted  (Read 328514 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Pictures sims have painted
« Reply #405 on: September 18, 2010, 08:54:02 AM »
I'm currently doing some testing on how paintings appreciate in value, so I have three artists churning out paintings 24/4. I have seen a number that I hadn't seen before and didn't remember seeing here. I was mistaken though, quite a few of them are here, but there are a few that I'm pretty sure are not.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #406 on: September 18, 2010, 03:13:16 PM »
@Twinmum: I've seen the last four. In fact my sim used to paint several of that same blowfish. It's always fun to see new paintings!
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #407 on: September 18, 2010, 05:44:23 PM »
@Twinmum: I only had the third one before, it's one of my favorites actually.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #408 on: September 18, 2010, 08:25:33 PM »
I get that lighthouse one a fair bit. Funny enough, the first time I got it was shortly after a matching one had been painted:

They don't look so hot in the Goth family attic, but I'm sure they'd look fantastic in a beach house somewhere, no?

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #409 on: September 18, 2010, 09:15:33 PM »
So nice  :) and yes they would fit perfectly in a beach house.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #410 on: September 18, 2010, 09:35:38 PM »
A new-to-me favorite. It's not "when pigs fly" because they're falling, and have no wings. Acorns and apples are falling too, so this either has something to do with the ingredients for roast pig falling bountifully, or else a statement about gravity. Or maybe the clearly mother pig thinks this is where piglets come from.  :-\

I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #411 on: September 18, 2010, 09:52:41 PM »
Yeah, the pig one's sweet, I usually put it next to the Nursery Rhyme Hey-Diddle-Diddle painting.  :)
Lately I've just been going Stylised Still-Life crazy:

Sorry the shot's a bit dodgy. Anyway, paintings: I love that middle one - it's actually a hydrangea bush but it reminds me of one of those microscopic electron-scanning photos of bacteria and stuff. The left one's a scene from the Terror TV channel on my Sim's plasma screen. The right one's a Genius shot of the back of the artist's head. Cool, huh?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #412 on: September 18, 2010, 09:56:09 PM »
LlamaMama - My simmie has painted that picture numerous times and I figured the piglets had climbed the tree to knock the apples to the ground for mama piggy to eat.  Then the piglets jumped from the tree.  Now I am wondering -  ???
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #413 on: September 20, 2010, 01:53:09 PM »
This made me giggle! Mona Lisa in Hawaii!  :P

Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #414 on: September 21, 2010, 01:17:55 PM »
Nice Mona Lisa painting  :D
I want to know the traits that will affect the paintings my Sims paint !!

Leto85

« Reply #415 on: September 21, 2010, 03:31:12 PM »
Nice Mona Lisa painting  :D
I want to know the traits that will affect the paintings my Sims paint !!

Good for you I've a Kladblok file (Notepad) on my desktop with some of the traits in a list, so have fun with it:

No Trait          - If your sim has no other traits, he will always paint the basic version of the painting.
Artistic           - Gives a water-color effect to the painting, though with highlighted border effects on the object of the painting.
Can't Stand Art - Darkens the painting with higher contrast and heavier, thicker brush strokes.
Computer Whiz - Gives the painting a square-tiled effect, obliterating any detail.
Evil                - Tints the picture heavily towards red, most details are left intact.
Grumpy           - Tints the picture heavily towards blue, most details are left intact.
Genius            - Tiles the picture into small white-bordered hexagons/pentagons.
Insane            - Obliterates detail, makes colors more flat and contrasting, shapes become jagged.
Neurotic          - Turns the painting into a bright neon mess.
Virtuoso          - Adds a white flair effect to the painting, most details are left intact.

No credit for me (only thank you), because all info came from this site I thought.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #416 on: September 22, 2010, 07:11:45 AM »
The Mona Lisa painting's pretty common for me, albeit still cool  :). I always name it Rosa Isla for some unknown reason.
Anyway, I thought I'd set up this experiment to potentially see how many paintings there are. Just thought you guys might be interested.

Basically, I've got a non-artistic sim (so the skill isn't learnt too quickly) to start painting, repeatedly, on tons of easels. Any repeats are scrapped. Her skill goes up pretty slowly because she only needs to paint the first swatch to distinguish it from the other paintings, so hopefully a lot of the lower level paintings will show up before she levels beyond them (like my favourite cheese-grater picture). I'm around the forty painting mark right now, and it's still going up!

"Please, let it stop, the paint fumes are making my head hurt!"

"Hey, did I say you could slack off? Back to work!"

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #417 on: September 22, 2010, 08:03:13 AM »

"Please, let it stop, the paint fumes are making my head hurt!"
"Hey, did I say you could slack off? Back to work!"

Cool experiment! I love that pic of her, and the caption is so funny!

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #418 on: September 22, 2010, 02:57:47 PM »

It's interesting having a painter who is not "artistic". She doesn't have one prominent style.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #419 on: September 22, 2010, 09:54:32 PM »
The first one I've never seen. That's beautiful! I laugh everytime at the second, what is that thing anyways? A dinosaur?? I need to try more mediums, I only do little until they have painted 30 then from than on, it's big. I need to do more in the middle I think!

anything