Author Topic: Pictures sims have painted  (Read 328623 times)

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
Re: Pictures sims have painted
« Reply #330 on: August 18, 2010, 07:28:48 PM »
I'm reading through this thread now, and am thinking it would be fun to make a Painter household, each sim with different traits that affect their painting style. In case anyone's interested, I found some interesting information here, which provides examples of paintings resulting from various traits.

Has anyone discovered a unique Simbot style of painting?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

JanK

« Reply #331 on: August 19, 2010, 10:48:23 AM »
These four are all new to me the weird thing is that my sims painted these as their first painting and they're not childish and not artistic so i don't know why they painted these silly paintings.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
« Reply #332 on: August 19, 2010, 01:40:32 PM »
Lv 1 or 0 painters usually dabble ridiculous paintings; it's part of the learning process.
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #333 on: August 19, 2010, 02:12:50 PM »
I hope this isn't too far off-topic, but I'm wondering what you guys do with your sims' paintings. Do you have long hallways devoted to display? Or do you line up a few, take a screenshot, then sell them?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
« Reply #334 on: August 19, 2010, 02:57:12 PM »
Hallways
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #335 on: August 19, 2010, 03:20:27 PM »
I hope this isn't too far off-topic, but I'm wondering what you guys do with your sims' paintings. Do you have long hallways devoted to display? Or do you line up a few, take a screenshot, then sell them?
I always put Level 0-5 in a treasure chest. Than 5 up I let appreciate a little bit but I always keep their 1st little and big masterpiece. I don't do medium lol.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #336 on: August 19, 2010, 07:39:03 PM »
I keep my best ones and put them all over the house.  I like doing half walls and being able to see them.  I only sell them if I made the sim to paint and sell.  The early ones in the beginning of this thread, I still have and can't seem to get rid of them.  The artist sim has passed and they are all worth a small fortune, figured they would stay in the generation house.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #337 on: August 19, 2010, 07:52:01 PM »
I keep my best ones and put them all over the house.  I like doing half walls and being able to see them.  I only sell them if I made the sim to paint and sell.  The early ones in the beginning of this thread, I still have and can't seem to get rid of them.  The artist sim has passed and they are all worth a small fortune, figured they would stay in the generation house.

Half walls? What do you mean?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #338 on: August 19, 2010, 07:55:18 PM »
Not really half, I guess, poor choice of words.  The second setting you choose, for the breakaway walls.  I just got home from work, brain not functioning, sorry. lol :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Storyteller

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a story. How you tell it matters.
« Reply #339 on: August 19, 2010, 07:56:39 PM »
I have seen 3 different versions of this apple pic, but not this one (which I think is the "normal" one).  My teen sim painted it after he got home from school.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #340 on: August 19, 2010, 09:02:24 PM »
Not really half, I guess, poor choice of words.  The second setting you choose, for the breakaway walls.  I just got home from work, brain not functioning, sorry. lol :)

Oh! Here I was thinking you had some cool way to fit 2 pictures onto one wall slot (top half and bottom half). Thanks.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #341 on: August 19, 2010, 09:17:06 PM »
Oh! Here I was thinking you had some cool way to fit 2 pictures onto one wall slot (top half and bottom half). Thanks.
Now that would be cool! I have the problem I keep having to add walls lol.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #342 on: August 19, 2010, 09:30:04 PM »
I'm envisioning something like the lines at Disneyland: a basement with a maze of parallel walls that fold Space and Time. Unfortunately only a sim could view the paintings so close.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #343 on: August 19, 2010, 09:32:01 PM »
True! The basement I have for paintings are starting to look like a maze lol!

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #344 on: August 19, 2010, 09:59:19 PM »
I usually hang them, unless I have a self employed painter.  Sometimes I'll have a Sim who paints the same design over and over again, like the Large painting with the unhappy stick figure guy, and then I'll seen the duplicates.  Or occasionally I'll get one that I simply don't like, then I sell it.

Sometimes I'll have an elder take up painting just because once they pass on their paintings are worth more.  It's a good retirement hobby in that regard. 

anything