Author Topic: Pictures sims have painted  (Read 328632 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Pictures sims have painted
« Reply #300 on: July 13, 2010, 09:14:57 PM »
If I had known that she was going to sketch the other half, would not have framed it.  Then I could have used "moveobjects on" and put them close together.  I wonder if that would have worked. 
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Sophie4563

• Townie
« Reply #301 on: July 13, 2010, 10:06:36 PM »
That's sweet. I kinda like how they're framed and separate..

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #302 on: July 14, 2010, 05:55:27 AM »
Okay, this is weird. I made a few characters, one being a rich heiress to a inventor's fortune, and two more being her maid and butler, whom are married. I made the wife intentionally ethnic looking, since I figured she could have lived in a different country before coming to Riverveiw, and since I've got needs on static right now, I'm having all the family learn the skills they'll need. She's taken up painting for fun, and this is where it gets weird.

The first one was weird enough. After the veggie and fruit harvest though, I'm starting to get a little creeped out. Can the game read my mind?  :o
You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew, what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #303 on: July 14, 2010, 09:51:41 AM »
Somehow I think it's more that you're seeing what you're thinking than that the game can actually read your mind. :)

Those two pictures are pretty common. (Now, never even mention the idea of a Truman Show again; it's just something we included in one "movie" to make it seem silly to you)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #304 on: July 14, 2010, 10:12:32 AM »
Now, never even mention the idea of a Truman Show again; it's just something we included in one "movie" to make it seem silly to you

What do you mean by that?  ??? Anyway, she's on to Geometric shapes and such now. Why don't more of you guys post pictures of ones that they free style, like the 'Memorize Scene' options and 'Paint Stylized Still Life'? Those would be neat to see.

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline Sarah

• Townie
« Reply #305 on: July 18, 2010, 02:12:18 PM »
This is two sketches.  My sim painted one and then  a couple of days later, painted the other one.  There are just slight differences in the pictures, but not much.  I thought this was cool.

Salty, I think if you take the pictures off the wall and put them in either a Sim or Family inventory, the frames should come off. Or if you put them in inventories and then move house; I can't say if the frames will come off without moving house. I moved my Sim family from SV to Twinbrook and they had a lot of paintings which were framed and as I was putting them into the new house I noticed the frames had been removed.
Love the pictures :) she seems very mysterious.
Grr Argh!

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #306 on: July 18, 2010, 04:47:25 PM »
Here's some from my newest painter.

This is a still life from her baby's nursery, with the 'Peter's Safari Mobile' and 'Elevated Train Set'. I thought it was a very cute picture that I managed to snap, and I'm glad it didn't turn into a black canvas like it usually dose.

This is a still life that was painted in 'insane' style, and it was actually of the hydrangea bushes in the front yard. It looks like a creepy face to me, so I planned on selling it.

This is one I bought for cheap from the consignment shop. I like it, and I hung it in the nursery, due to the bright colors.

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
« Reply #307 on: July 19, 2010, 01:43:13 PM »
I didn't get a picture, but my level 7 artist, level 6 stylist doesn't always sketch clothes. One time she sketched a race car and some old people.  :o (The old people was so detailed-it creeped me out!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #308 on: July 19, 2010, 10:59:47 PM »
Salty, I think if you take the pictures off the wall and put them in either a Sim or Family inventory, the frames should come off. Or if you put them in inventories and then move house; I can't say if the frames will come off without moving house. I moved my Sim family from SV to Twinbrook and they had a lot of paintings which were framed and as I was putting them into the new house I noticed the frames had been removed.
Love the pictures :) she seems very mysterious.

I will try that.  I have moved paintings before, just never paid attention if the frames were there or not.  Thanks

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #309 on: July 19, 2010, 11:08:00 PM »
I have moved framed paintings from sim's inventory and family inventory and it did not affect the frames. Also, I moved from RV to Twinbrook, and all the paintings I had hanging on walls in the house that were framed disappeared!

EDIT: My sim painted these paintings that I hadn't seen before:

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #310 on: July 19, 2010, 11:17:15 PM »
I love the redbird.  My sim painted that bird all different ways.  The blurry one, tiled one and regular way.  I finally just kept selling the silly paintings and changed her traits to see if she would paint something else.  I think mine painted the other one a couple of times, it has been a while, it is still a very nice and detailed painting.

Offline Sarah

• Townie
« Reply #311 on: July 20, 2010, 04:45:00 PM »
They're very clip art-esque! I think I've seen the middle one but 'normal', I can't remember though. I think I sold it :/

Pallyndrome, I really like the red bird, one of my Sims has done it a few times, and I don't think I've seen that landscape painting before, I like that :)
Grr Argh!

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #312 on: August 06, 2010, 03:45:26 AM »
This is one I've never seen before. I like it!

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

BlueJay91

« Reply #313 on: August 10, 2010, 04:57:15 AM »

My Wishmaster painter/forensic analyst made those three also! I was going to post pictures, but those are it exactly. It amuses me that these paintings are sometimes really famous ones, like the Girl with a Pearl Earring, and some of the ones above. =)

I really like this skill now. I'm interested in getting all my Sims I ever have to paint. So cool!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #314 on: August 10, 2010, 10:26:05 AM »
When my sim painted the top one, someone told me the name of it and I looked it up, wow, almost identical and it is so interesting to read stories on some of these paintings.  Not sure if you have read some of the posts in this thread, but alot of people are very knowledgeable about paintings and have described what some of them stand for and where they date back from.  Good read.

anything