Author Topic: Pictures sims have painted  (Read 328519 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: Pictures sims have painted
« Reply #675 on: August 05, 2011, 10:05:56 AM »
Thanks for the explanation everyone. Good to know. :)

@Leto - Nah, it's just a regular painting. ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

loveSims

« Reply #676 on: August 31, 2011, 08:25:33 AM »
It is so clear, my sims still loves always come out dark

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #677 on: September 02, 2011, 04:04:04 AM »
MarianT, I really like those!
I love how both the paintings seem connected, and I love the artist's name! ;)
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline Vanillin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #678 on: July 04, 2012, 11:28:56 AM »
I'm kinda bumping this thread but I couldn't find an updated one, so sorry... :-\
I learned that traits affect pictures thanks to this thread. I've of course noticed differences before but I didn't think traits would effect it that much. I was wondering why all the painting my artistic sim had drawn had that blurry effect. I like neat, clear pictures. Maybe I should choose the neat and perfectionist traits next time...
So I'm testing some traits now- these are the pictures I'm sure you're all familiar with done by my grumpy sim:

Now I'd like to ask a question: Do specific moodlets affect pictures in any way? Like Inspired or Lucky moodlet, maybe...
I've noticed that when my writer sims write more profitable romance novels (usually best sellings or hits) when they get My Love!, First Kiss, First Romance, Just Married or Got Engaged moodlets, so I was wondering if the same goes for painters. :D

Offline Sutz

• Townie
« Reply #679 on: July 04, 2012, 01:25:07 PM »
One of my favourite tricks with my sims is if I'm making a portrait of someone, I put them in front of a Large Painting, usually one of a landscape. My favourite is one of a beach at sunset. It provides a beautiful background. Does anyone else do this?

Example:

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #680 on: July 04, 2012, 03:17:17 PM »
I don't, and I wish I'd thought of it!

Offline Vanillin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #681 on: July 04, 2012, 03:33:21 PM »
One of my favourite tricks with my sims is if I'm making a portrait of someone, I put them in front of a Large Painting, usually one of a landscape. My favourite is one of a beach at sunset. It provides a beautiful background. Does anyone else do this?

Example:

Wow, that's a great idea. I wonder if I could memorize the scene of a beach or some other landscape, paint it, and then use your idea. That would be interesting.
The one on the right is really nice, by the way. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #682 on: July 04, 2012, 08:38:07 PM »

I haven't done this, but I do make sure I have a great background, I'll put the easel outside on the edge of the lot if it meant getting the sunset, or hills, or a park background.  If its taken inside I'll let my sims pose and then pause, and move the lighting around so they are well lit, I'll even buy some "studio" lighting for such an occasion. 

:)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #683 on: August 01, 2012, 07:23:02 AM »
First of all, you can't move paintings up and down the wall in live mode at all.  I'm not sure if that's what you're doing, but I wanted to throw that out there just in case.

To move a painting in buy mode, you first have to place it (which I'm guessing is already done).  Sometimes it works better if you go into buy mode, pick it up and take it off the wall, then put it right back on.  When you click on it next, hold the mouse button (if you release it, you'll pick it up again), then move the cursor up or down to get the arrow.  Once it's at the spot you want it, let go of the button and it should be placed.  You can then move the painting to any wall and it will remain at that height.

Another thing I've been noticing lately is that buy mode has become a little glitchy when the family inventory is open:  items removed from there sometimes can't be placed unless you drop them back into the family inventory, and when you pick something up to move it, sometimes it's hard to drop it.  In case that's what is happening, it is easily fixed by simply dropping the painting into family inventory, then placing it back on the wall.  After it's been replaced, try to move it again.

Edit:  I'm too slow it seems lol.

Hi,

I've quoted the above from a few pages earlier in this thread, and I had a question regarding this.

My painting sim has painted a lot of pictures, mostly normal paintings, but he has also painted a portrait as well. I'm able to move the ones painted as 'paintings' up and down the wall, however I can't do that with the one painted as a 'portrait'. At first, I wondered if it was because the portrait was on a floor above the others, but I've moved it to the ground floor alongside the other ones, and the same thing has happened to it. I'm definitely in 'Buy' mode, and have gone in and out of it to make sure that is where I am. I've also moved the portrait into the family inventory and out again and have no luck. All it is allowing me to do is turn the portrait in a 360 degree circle and move it side to side on the wall, not up and down.

Are sim painted 'portraits' able to be moved up and down like sim painted 'paintings' or am I doing something dumb?

Dek

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #684 on: August 01, 2012, 11:01:07 AM »
For lack of a better term to use Deklitch, portraits could just be too big to be moved.  That or they are just supposed to be in the middle of the wall or so so they stay at eye level.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #685 on: August 01, 2012, 11:23:23 AM »
Well, that's interesting.  I can't move portraits up and down, either.  I can move large paintings, no problem.  I don't have any medium or small to test.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #686 on: August 01, 2012, 04:31:20 PM »
Large, medium and small paintings can all be moved up and down no problem.  You can stack 2 medium and large on top of each other but I've only been able to stack 3 smalls.    However, if you put a frame around a picture, I can't move it up or down just like you can't for a portrait. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #687 on: August 01, 2012, 09:16:49 PM »
Ricalynn, I've framed all my normal pictures, large, medium and small. After framing them I've still been able to move them up and down the wall, and stack them. The following picture demonstrates that. All of these were painted by Caspian, Billy Caspian.

Pam, I'm pleased that it isn't just me with the portraits. I guess it must be a 'feature' of portraits in the game.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #688 on: August 28, 2012, 12:22:55 AM »
I love this portrait. Unfortunately, my game crashed so I no longer have it. It wasn't a Masterpiece, and my Sim was around level 8.

And this. Same level, not a masterpiece.

Joanne

« Reply #689 on: August 28, 2012, 05:11:49 AM »
I've never seen either off them in my game. I wonder if it is new?

anything