Author Topic: Pictures sims have painted  (Read 328583 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Pictures sims have painted
« Reply #225 on: May 02, 2010, 03:45:38 AM »
At first I thought it was fireworks, but then I noticed the fire on the ground.  His traits are just normal traits, but it is kinda spooky looking.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #226 on: May 02, 2010, 04:19:58 AM »
This sim is lvl 9? 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #227 on: May 02, 2010, 04:27:05 AM »

This one is a little dark, but someone is standing by the water and I believe that is a boat.  

that is a reproduction of Van Gogh's famous painting - Starry Night 1888 - I went to see it at Canberra (capital of Australia) a few weeks ago! My mum bought a print of it - but the original is so much better! It's really famous!

see Van Gogh's painting:
http://blogs.dalton.org/artdna/files/2009/01/starry_night_over_the_rhone.jpg

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #228 on: May 02, 2010, 05:12:08 AM »
that is a reproduction of Van Gogh's famous painting - Starry Night 1888 - I went to see it at Canberra (capital of Australia) a few weeks ago! My mum bought a print of it - but the original is so much better! It's really famous!

Leave it to me to be completely clueless about famous paintings!  It's not the first time it's happened, either.  My husband has pointed out famous paintings in the Sims 3 and I had no idea. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #229 on: May 02, 2010, 07:54:21 AM »
That painting is actually called "the Starry Night Over the Rhone" and was painted a year earlier than the painting referred to just as "the Starry Night" (Wikipedia).

Always need to keep these things separate! ;)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #230 on: May 02, 2010, 08:10:34 AM »
I know about it, another thing school does to you  ;). Yet for some reason it was my English teacher who taught us about it...  :o
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
« Reply #231 on: May 02, 2010, 09:18:09 AM »
Wow! I would never imagine there would be anything Dutch in the Sims 3! I'm nicely surprised!
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #232 on: May 02, 2010, 09:51:23 AM »
That painting is actually called "the Starry Night Over the Rhone" and was painted a year earlier than the painting referred to just as "the Starry Night" (Wikipedia).

Always need to keep these things separate! ;)

yes well when i saw the painting in person it was called starry night as i recall. it even says on the back of my mum's print that it's starry night, painted in 1888. I know there is another, more famous version, but would my nation's top art gallery get it wrong? wikipedia isn't necessarily true.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #233 on: May 02, 2010, 10:00:35 AM »
yes well when i saw the painting in person it was called starry night as i recall. it even says on the back of my mum's print that it's starry night, painted in 1888. I know there is another, more famous version, but would my nation's top art gallery get it wrong? wikipedia isn't necessarily true.
Nah, probably not. Since they included the year it was painted I can't see why there would be any real confusion. Both are really starry nights. :o
It's just that in normal layman speech one could get confused if you say starry night, since, as you say, it is the one from 1889 that's the more famous one.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Leto85

« Reply #234 on: May 02, 2010, 12:19:37 PM »

Leave it to me to be completely clueless about famous paintings!  It's not the first time it's happened, either.  My husband has pointed out famous paintings in the Sims 3 and I had no idea. 

Haha, a lot of the paintings in The Sims 3 comes from the old (more than one Dutch) masters. I really wish they had put some M.C. Escher or Dali in it. That are my favorite painters. The work of Dali would suit a insane sim well, and Escher is than more for the genies ones.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #235 on: May 02, 2010, 06:11:22 PM »
I knew there was a reason why I take snapshots of pics and put them on here.  You can sure learn alot.  Thanks, that is very interesting, because I know absolutely nothing about art.

Leto85

« Reply #236 on: May 02, 2010, 10:09:45 PM »
I knew there was a reason why I take snapshots of pics and put them on here.  You can sure learn alot.  Thanks, that is very interesting, because I know absolutely nothing about art.

you can learn from your sims. ;)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #237 on: June 10, 2010, 12:48:52 AM »
Has anyone seen any new paintings with Ambitions?
Formerly Simstar3

Leto85

« Reply #239 on: June 10, 2010, 03:19:53 AM »
Has anyone seen any new paintings with Ambitions?

Not yet. I saw this topic was open again so I was hoping there would be new ones some people could have discovered.
But now you are asking: I thougth I saw a few new ones ingame, but that was just in a review movie for Ambitions. I could be wrong though, but I'll keep looking.