Author Topic: Pictures sims have painted  (Read 328634 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Pictures sims have painted
« Reply #210 on: April 26, 2010, 04:50:22 PM »
I think you are right Pam, that sim that painted those paintings before passed on a long time ago and the paintings have not increased anymore than they would have.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #211 on: April 26, 2010, 06:38:25 PM »

This may no longer be the case.  In my current game, my artist (Goth Goth) died a few days ago and her paintings did NOT increase in value.  Some were in her inventory and some had been hanging on the walls, but none of them went up in value except for the small amount that they normally go up over time.

That could very well be true.  The prices I quoted were for paintings that were made several generations ago.  So perhaps it's just because they've been around for a long time and not because their painters are deceased.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #212 on: April 26, 2010, 06:48:31 PM »
It wasn't long ago that I had a different painter whose paintings leaped in value when he died.  Well, he only did one painting, actually, so I'm certain it had to gain it's incredible value at his death.  Nobody paints a $3,500 painting the first time.  I think this may be something that EA has very recently changed so that paintings only increase a normal amount whether the artist is living or dead.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Leto85

« Reply #213 on: April 26, 2010, 08:35:28 PM »
Thank you very much for that list. Now I finally can get some variation in the paintings my sim makes. You know seeing the same versions over and over again isn't everything. Specially not 450 times after each other.
Time for another midlifecrisis!

@Leto - Real nice worthy prices there! I dug this up from a while back! I can't see hopeless romantic there but I don't think traits determin which paintings you get just how you paint them!  ;)

No Trait          - If your sim has no other traits, he will always paint the basic version of the painting.
Artistic           - Gives a water-color effect to the painting, though with highlighted border effects on the object of the painting.
Can't Stand Art - Darkens the painting with higher contrast and heavier, thicker brush strokes.
Computer Whiz - Gives the painting a square-tiled effect, obliterating any detail.
Evil                - Tints the picture heavily towards red, most details are left intact.
Grumpy           - Tints the picture heavily towards blue, most details are left intact.
Genius            - Tiles the picture into small white-bordered hexagons/pentagons.
Insane            - Obliterates detail, makes colors more flat and contrasting, shapes become jagged.
Neurotic          - Turns the painting into a bright neon mess.
Virtuoso          - Adds a white flair effect to the painting, most details are left intact.

So is painting like Guitar then with the more times you do it the more value you get, like with Metro's compositions method, maybe there is a similarity?

@Saltypaws - Reminds me of Scratt!

Leto85

« Reply #214 on: April 27, 2010, 07:17:44 PM »
As far as I know the painting you are showing is one of the most valueble paintings in the game. I has to be, because every time my sim paints that there is a difference in $1000,- till $2000,- compared to her other paintings. But what the painting must look like, I have no idea. The only thing I know that if it is getting black and red, your sim has started painting a money maker. :D
I've noticed that this one goes even up to around $6800,- if you're lucky. Of course, to reach that value, you have to be a creative painter, level 10 and extra creative. Not only that, you have to paint a lot. And with a lot, I mean over 300 paintings. And believe me, that won't take that long, because your sim will get faster every time, even with huge paintings. In a good mood, my sim can now paint 6 huge paintings in a row without need to have a break, and mostly at least two of them are masterpieces, or at least genius ones. Forgive me if I have that last word wrong, I have the Dutch version of the game and litterly translated the step between a normal painting and a masterpiece is the one I was talking about. I believed it must be genius in English, but I could be wrong.

My Sim Ozzy Osbourne is painting a lot right now.  I'm seeing him paint the same picture in different styles.  One was clear, then next time it was blurry.  He's done this several times now.  Here's a $3,500 masterpiece he painted and I have no idea what it is.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #215 on: April 27, 2010, 07:48:35 PM »
I'm still convinced that that picture is of a colourful flower in a black and white rainforest. You can at least clearly see that it's leaves surrounding that colourful thingie!
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #216 on: April 27, 2010, 08:33:47 PM »
Forgive me if I have that last word wrong, I have the Dutch version of the game and litterly translated the step between a normal painting and a masterpiece is the one I was talking about. I believed it must be genius in English, but I could be wrong.

In the English version, it's Brilliant.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Calgary_Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #217 on: April 29, 2010, 12:45:26 PM »
A few days ago one of my Sims painted a picture right out of Sims 1--Bella Goth and her daughter Cassandra in the family graveyard.  I named it "Glimpse of the Future" as an inside joke.

Leto85

« Reply #218 on: April 29, 2010, 03:37:30 PM »
Both looks interesting. I like the fact that the way a sim visualize a painting depends on the traits he or she got.
Your's look like's your computer whiz sim have done them bit by bit, byte by byte. :P

I've just midlifecrisust my painter sim in having a Evil trait. Now she paints more dark red paintings, right from her dirty mind. :P Still, some paintings look better in that collor, I think.

I wonder if the traits also influences the value of the paintings somehow, but I doubt it. If somebody know, please let me... wel, know.

This painting is the same as the one above, but it was painted by a Computer Whiz.  I've got two from him and I sort of like them.

This one is a red ribbon:

This one is a squirrel or other type of rodent:

Leto85

« Reply #219 on: April 29, 2010, 03:39:30 PM »
Huh? I've never seen that squirtle painting before, and that while my sim paint most of her life! Does that one depends on a specific trait, or age?

Hmm...interesting paintings, I haven't seen some of these paintings before!
Must make my Sims paint more!  :D

I finally have some paintings to show!  :D  I've had him working on his painting skill, but he is my first evil genius Sim and these paintings range from level 5 to 7.... ;)

Still Life:

Leto85

« Reply #220 on: April 29, 2010, 03:42:22 PM »
Are there new ones btw? I've never noticed after playing WA for so many months now.

I'm starting to see new paintings with the release of World Adventures.  I'll post some of them soon.

Leto85

« Reply #221 on: April 29, 2010, 03:43:21 PM »
Good info! Thanks for sharing.

Reading a thread over on the EA forum and found out there are 158 different paintings your Sim can paint and 9 variations for each, which means there are 1058 different painting that you Sim could paint depending on their traits!  :o

You can find the info here:  http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Painting

Leto85

« Reply #222 on: April 29, 2010, 03:45:26 PM »
Wow, now you say it I can see that to. Tsss, that I didn't even notice that before. Strange.

I'm still convinced that that picture is of a colourful flower in a black and white rainforest. You can at least clearly see that it's leaves surrounding that colourful thingie!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #223 on: May 02, 2010, 03:38:22 AM »
Finally, my sim is painting a few new ones and she has almost all of her painting skills, but these look like a beginner painted it.

This one is a little dark, but someone is standing by the water and I believe that is a boat. 

This one was just cute, but looks like a five year old painted it.

This one I had never seen before either. 

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #224 on: May 02, 2010, 03:42:32 AM »
I haven't seen that bottom one.  It looks kind of spooky.  That top one looks like a nighttime war battle...  fire and explosions on the ground and in the air.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything