Author Topic: Pictures sims have painted  (Read 328592 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Pictures sims have painted
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2010, 05:06:57 PM »
This is getting bizarre.  Goth Goth just painted this one, too, about an hour ago.  I named it Majestic Winter.

I didn't bother just saw the 1,500 price and bam it was gone! ;D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline LaB

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #196 on: April 15, 2010, 05:35:07 PM »
He was painting a picture but it took ages for the game to catch up so it look like he was painting nothing so I just took a picture of it.

The painting of a house in the snow, my sim painted it the other day but then my game crashed before I took a picture.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #197 on: April 17, 2010, 12:53:52 AM »
Wow, all these pictures look so amazing, unfortunately though I haven't had any time to be on Sims, but hopefully I will soon enough so I can try again at making a good painter. :)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #198 on: April 17, 2010, 04:04:58 AM »
I have just got into painting now, it's quite rewarding! My painter sim has made 30,000 from paintings and that is just his young adult life! Imagine adult and elder added together!  :D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #199 on: April 17, 2010, 04:46:04 AM »
You also get some really nice commissions when you're in the upper levels of the painting skill.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #200 on: April 17, 2010, 12:10:44 PM »
I have just got into painting now, it's quite rewarding! My painter sim has made 30,000 from paintings and that is just his young adult life! Imagine adult and elder added together!  :D

Not to mention after they die the value goes up even more.  I've sold paintings of deceased artists for $6,000+.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #201 on: April 17, 2010, 12:37:26 PM »
Not to mention after they die the value goes up even more.  I've sold paintings of deceased artists for $6,000+.
Just an interesting question: If you revive the artist and then kill him/her again, does the painting go up even higher in value? :)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #202 on: April 17, 2010, 07:51:00 PM »
I have a painter that just painted a masterpiece worth $4979! Here is the pic and his traits

Ok I stand corrected! Its not the most valuable I've seen! This is, a $5329 masterpiece!

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #203 on: April 18, 2010, 03:52:46 AM »
I've had a 3,000 one, but that's the highest.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #204 on: April 18, 2010, 03:07:12 PM »
Just an interesting question: If you revive the artist and then kill him/her again, does the painting go up even higher in value? :)

Well, that is an interesting question, but I've never revived any of those artists so I couldn't say.

[Edited for correct quotation. - Swede]

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #205 on: April 18, 2010, 04:54:18 PM »
Those are gorgeous. I need to work on an artist Sim, these paintings may make me start one tonight.

Leto85

« Reply #206 on: April 26, 2010, 03:12:13 PM »
Cool, the second one I didn't even know about. Must your sim be a romantic type to paint that?
My sim paints now pictures worth for over $6000,-, near $7000. You have to paint 400 or more to reach that value. Even the 'normal' paintings are worh over $5000. She hardly gets lower than that. :D

Here is a few more pics, maybe I should stop now........lol

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #207 on: April 26, 2010, 04:42:01 PM »
I am not sure what her traits were.  It was the very first sim I ever made when I got sims3. I have never seen that second painting again.  My sister had her sim paint one.  This painting I had never seen before.  Pretty simple little painting from a sim that has all of her painting skills.  LOL

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #208 on: April 26, 2010, 04:45:44 PM »
 @Leto - Real nice worthy prices there! I dug this up from a while back! I can't see hopeless romantic there but I don't think traits determin which paintings you get just how you paint them!  ;)

No Trait          - If your sim has no other traits, he will always paint the basic version of the painting.
Artistic           - Gives a water-color effect to the painting, though with highlighted border effects on the object of the painting.
Can't Stand Art - Darkens the painting with higher contrast and heavier, thicker brush strokes.
Computer Whiz - Gives the painting a square-tiled effect, obliterating any detail.
Evil                - Tints the picture heavily towards red, most details are left intact.
Grumpy           - Tints the picture heavily towards blue, most details are left intact.
Genius            - Tiles the picture into small white-bordered hexagons/pentagons.
Insane            - Obliterates detail, makes colors more flat and contrasting, shapes become jagged.
Neurotic          - Turns the painting into a bright neon mess.
Virtuoso          - Adds a white flair effect to the painting, most details are left intact.

So is painting like Guitar then with the more times you do it the more value you get, like with Metro's compositions method, maybe there is a similarity?

@Saltypaws - Reminds me of Scratt!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #209 on: April 26, 2010, 04:48:09 PM »

This may no longer be the case.  In my current game, my artist (Goth Goth) died a few days ago and her paintings did NOT increase in value.  Some were in her inventory and some had been hanging on the walls, but none of them went up in value except for the small amount that they normally go up over time.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything