Author Topic: Pictures sims have painted  (Read 328507 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Pictures sims have painted
« Reply #630 on: May 17, 2011, 01:50:09 PM »
I am not saying they are totally unreliable, but it seems the longer the game has been out and with each new expansion, everytime one sim with a particular trait paints something and you think it is because of a trait, then another sim paints the same picture with totally different traits.  We all thought that the traits played significant roles in paintings when this thread started, but these little sims seem to blow some theories out of the water.  So I can't really say when, but, over time, I suppose traits just doesn't seem to play into how sims paint anymore.  I may be wrong, but I have alot of sim painters and that just seems to be the case. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #631 on: May 17, 2011, 01:56:00 PM »
My sim was in the Painter career and sold many paiintings for over $3,000. then she became a vampire and her children immediately were painting the same pictures.

I would love to see what they had in Sims2, where you could download paintings and have your sims paint them. I had Van Gogh, Matisse, Monet, etc. etc. and they looked great on the wall.

Just like with music, eventually everyone plays the same tunes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #632 on: May 19, 2011, 05:53:14 AM »
I am not saying they are totally unreliable, but it seems the longer the game has been out and with each new expansion, everytime one sim with a particular trait paints something and you think it is because of a trait, then another sim paints the same picture with totally different traits.  We all thought that the traits played significant roles in paintings when this thread started, but these little sims seem to blow some theories out of the water.  So I can't really say when, but, over time, I suppose traits just doesn't seem to play into how sims paint anymore.  I may be wrong, but I have alot of sim painters and that just seems to be the case. :)
Thanks Salty, I see. I wonder why EA did this. It seems kinda strange...
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #633 on: May 19, 2011, 11:01:04 AM »
I'm not sure that traits ever had anything to do with what paintings they painted, just what "style" they turn out.  blurry, red, blue, etc.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #634 on: May 21, 2011, 08:10:57 PM »
I'm not sure that traits ever had anything to do with what paintings they painted, just what "style" they turn out.  blurry, red, blue, etc.
And the trait= Style trick doesn't work either. Ugh.
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #635 on: May 22, 2011, 12:13:25 AM »
Ruby, it was never exclusive influence. Just that artistic sim can randomly paint blurry painting instead of normal. That ment Agness could paint 20 paintings in a row that look normal, but also, all 20 could be blurry (and since she is grumpy too, she sometimes paint blue paintings too).
I haven't expirienced or heard till now that Sim without computer whiz trait can paint squared paintings. And I had lotof painters in game.

Offline Dreamweaver

• Occult
« Reply #636 on: May 27, 2011, 02:59:35 AM »

Painted by Chris Steel at Level 4. I've never seen it before and think it's adorable.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #637 on: May 27, 2011, 04:12:09 AM »

Painted by Chris Steel at Level 4. I've never seen it before and think it's adorable.

You can hang it in your Sim's Nursery - that's what I did. :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #638 on: May 28, 2011, 06:38:41 PM »

That is cute and perfect for a nursery!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

thesweetestpea

« Reply #639 on: May 28, 2011, 07:54:16 PM »
Ruby, it was never exclusive influence. Just that artistic sim can randomly paint blurry painting instead of normal. That ment Agness could paint 20 paintings in a row that look normal, but also, all 20 could be blurry (and since she is grumpy too, she sometimes paint blue paintings too).
I haven't expirienced or heard till now that Sim without computer whiz trait can paint squared paintings. And I had lotof painters in game.

Geniuses can paint mosaic style paintings. Are you talking about those or something different?

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #640 on: May 29, 2011, 12:49:25 AM »
Geniuses can paint mosaic style paintings. Are you talking about those or something different?

Check this link Tommy posted on previous page:

Here's a link it explains what traits influence what kind of painting http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Painting#Styles

Those are examples of same painting painted in different stylese directly influenced by traits. Only neurotic Sim will paint neon type of painting etc.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #641 on: May 29, 2011, 01:01:37 AM »

I like it!
Off-topic slightly, I was viewer number 50,000 for this thread. *feels special*

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #642 on: June 02, 2011, 06:24:18 AM »
My insane sim painted this today.

I was wondering if anyone knows what it's meant to look like without the insane filter over it? I didn't recognise it.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #643 on: June 02, 2011, 09:58:14 AM »
Did you check the paintings collection?  Every time Alex Grim paints a weird one I pull that game up after I take a screenshot.  It could be a new one just for Generations, too.  What level is your painter?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #644 on: June 03, 2011, 04:06:36 AM »
She was level 9 when she painted it. I don't think it'd be Generations, as I don't have it yet.
I can't download the painting collection yet (as awesome as it looks!) because my internet's been playing up a lot lately, and I need a new modem.
I wonder what it could be? For some reason it reminded me of the bat from the movie Fern Gully :D

anything