Author Topic: Pictures sims have painted  (Read 328490 times)

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
Re: Pictures sims have painted
« Reply #420 on: September 22, 2010, 10:03:00 PM »
The first one I've never seen. That's beautiful! I laugh everytime at the second, what is that thing anyways? A dinosaur?? I need to try more mediums, I only do little until they have painted 30 then from than on, it's big. I need to do more in the middle I think!

I've had the first one a time or two and also the second one in various formats.  I believe that creature is one from the game 'Spore'.
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #421 on: September 23, 2010, 06:03:59 AM »
Thanks for the comments Esther1981, I'm glad you like it! Experiment Update: Although she's only Level 5 in Painting, my sim has produced almost seventy unique paintings, which is way more than I expected. Seriously, by Level 10 I think she'll need a bigger lot.

Oh, and don't worry about Mary Sue, she's fine, even though she pulls hyena faces and has nightmares about drowning in giant vats of paint.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #422 on: September 23, 2010, 07:07:01 AM »
The first one I've never seen. That's beautiful! I laugh everytime at the second, what is that thing anyways? A dinosaur?? I need to try more mediums, I only do little until they have painted 30 then from than on, it's big. I need to do more in the middle I think!

Yeah, it looks like a Spore creature.  Spore is another game by Electronic Arts that came out I think at the end of 2008.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #423 on: September 23, 2010, 08:41:57 AM »
Oh ok, I've never played it so that explains why I've never seen it! Ausette, Mary Sue is hilarious! I love the goofy faces they make sometimes! ;D

EDIT: I didn't want to reply since mine was the last one, so I just modified it. After saying that about the mediums, I did it and guess what the first medium painting was? You guessed it! The very one I said was beautiful! I couldn't do that again in a million years lol.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #424 on: September 25, 2010, 03:40:34 AM »
Esther, thanks for your kind comments. I think I like this site  ;D

Well, after several Sim weeks of nonstop starting and scrapping, I declare the experiment complete! I've got some really interesting paintings, too. I've probably missed some, and I've probably got doubles, but anyway, the final count is... One hundred and sixty! Yay, win!

Ooooh, someone's bitter. Aaaaaanyhoo, while painting I noticed a lot of pictures which could potentially form sets, like the two island/lighthouse ones I posted earlier. I'll see if I can get pictures in a moment, but for now I think I (and, you know, Mary Sue) deserve a break.

Oh, and if anyone's interested, I might put the house and all the easels on the exchange. Well? Interested?

Online LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #425 on: September 25, 2010, 04:00:12 AM »
Ausette - im doing such an experiment my self sometimes. And until now i got around 145 different pics - its some kind interesting to see.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #426 on: September 25, 2010, 04:13:36 AM »
Wow, that is a lot of painting and easels.  I would be interested in downloading your house and all the paintings of course as well as your sim.  I would love to stick her into a town and then see what she will do.  :D  Probably run screaming from anyone that even asks about art.  LOL

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #427 on: September 25, 2010, 06:48:54 AM »
You're welcome, I love this site! Wow! That's alot of easels! Poor Mary Sue, she (and you) definitely deserve a break! I agree Wildred, I'd run away too lol.

Aiwe

« Reply #428 on: September 25, 2010, 12:34:36 PM »
Neurotic          - Turns the painting into a bright neon mess.

I think it's a little unfair to describe the neurotic paintings as a mess, some of them do indeed come out as unrecognizable muddles but how about this?

Maybe it's a matter of taste but I love the way the one in the middle came out.

Also I would probably download the many many easels if it was put up on  the exchange, out of curiosity as much as anything.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #429 on: September 25, 2010, 02:16:52 PM »

I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Sophie4563

• Townie
« Reply #430 on: September 25, 2010, 03:12:02 PM »
Beautiful paintings! I've never seen them. I have a painter right now but she keeps doing the same ones over and over again.

@Aiwe - It's Jack Sparrow!

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #431 on: September 25, 2010, 04:32:23 PM »
Kinda cool.

I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #432 on: September 25, 2010, 06:54:48 PM »
@Ausette  That's a ton of work! I'd download, too. Curious should be my middle name.   ;)  Just tell us when you've uploaded and if you're on Sims 3 under the username you have here or a different one. Thanks!

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday." Craig Ferguson, Late Late Show theme song.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #433 on: September 25, 2010, 11:35:45 PM »
I'm pleased to announce that Mary Sue is now on the exchange in all her glory! And I'll have you know she almost gave me a heart attack; for a moment I thought I'd saved only the household and completely deleted the house and the easels. But it's all good, I had a backup copy in another neighbourhood, phew! I was very, very tempted to give her a Mid-Life Crisis and change one of her traits to Can't Stand Art, but decided that it'd affect some of her paintings, so I didn't. She's got enough Lifetime Reward points for you to do that anyway, if you want. I'm not sure how she'll download considering as she's got store hair and all (it's Missy O). Anyway, you can pick her up here:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3154930

It's 15.78 MB though, quite a bit more than most of my other uploads. Oh well. Fell free to browse the rest of my studio, just keep in mind that one of the sims (you'll see the hair) and the Sunsong Starter house contain a bit of CC. Oh, and expect to see Mary Sue around a bit more. I created her intending to make her a SuperSim with completely maxed skills and skill challenges, and she isn't quite there yet, so keep an eye out for when she is! The odd thing about her is that she's only a level 9 painter, but she's still gotten every single painting I've ever seen in the game and then some, including the famous-looking Masterpieces at the end.

One last thing: I mentioned earlier that I'd noticed some of the paintings seemed to "match" each other. It's better seen than explained, so I took the effort of smooshing all the paintings into this montage for you:

Did I mention how much I suck at editing? But anyway, there are some definite similarities here. I especially love the little red and yellow people. And this is just when the subjects of the paintings match; don't even get me started on when the style of the paintings are similar. And thanks to you guys for taking time to read my posts!

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #434 on: September 25, 2010, 11:40:48 PM »
Here's something my brother thought up: if a Sim has the Dislikes Children trait, they won't paint kiddy paintings. He's never played the Sims, he was just guessing. Tell me what you think! :)
Formerly Simstar3