Author Topic: Household Skills Project  (Read 20558 times)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: Household Skills Project
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2012, 01:31:26 PM »
Chapter 17: The beginning of the end?

Richard finally got to blow out his own candles and make a wish.

I wonder whether his wish involved space.

He started working on his athletic skill after school the next day.

They were all playing foosball together that evening when Chris aged up to elder.

(I think Laura may be auditioning for the Rear Museum.)

He immediately had a wish to retire.  Sorry, Chris.  At the current rate, that day may never come.

Just to rub it in, the following day, Laura achieved her lifetime wish...

…and at this point, I ran into a really weird glitch.  None of my saved games were visible from the main menu, even though they were still there in the Saves folder.  The main menu was only giving the option of starting a new game.

A complete reinstall seemed to be the only answer, which at least gave me the chance to add Showtime and World Adventures (I was going to wait until the next move to a new town in case the game got messed up  :().  This time, I made sure that all of the pre-Generations games were patched to the latest version, which they weren’t before – although I don’t know whether that was the cause of the bugs.

Life went on fairly uneventfully in the Strong house for a while.  Chris saved a few more lives and Richard became Prom King.  Laura spent her day off on the treadmill and supermaxed athletics.

The next day, she was promoted to Sports Legend and she and Chris decided it was finally time to have a second child.  This time, the baby arrived as soon as Laura got through the hospital doors.  Chris was still outside when his daughter was born.  And when her twin arrived.

Laura appeared carrying Natalie, called a taxi and went home.

I assumed Chris would go in and collect Jessica but he stayed outside the hospital, talking to someone he’d just met.   So where was Jessica?

In fact, she’d somehow made her own way home and was lying on the floor.

Natalie is athletic and insane – and is headed for a life of crime.

Jessica’s birth was a complete surprise.   Either Laura spent too long listening to the stereo (Chris likes kids’ music) or it was just random.   Since I wasn’t sure what she would do with her life, the poor kid got saddled with light sleeper and slob, just because they were traits I’d not used yet.   I think now that I’m going to add Showtime venues to Riverview, so that she can be an acrobat.  That is, assuming the game carries on that long.  Chris is up to 24 lives saved – but he’s 83 now, so I’m not at all sure he’ll get his LTW.  Still no earthquake…

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: Household Skills Project
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2012, 08:29:43 AM »
I'm giving up on this file.  Chris is 92 and still hasn't completed his lifetime wish - and the game has developed a couple of glitches that are minor in themselves but horribly familiar.  On past experience, the file will become completely unplayable in two or three Sim weeks.

I'll be starting again in a different town with a different founder (and next time the firefighter won't live in Riverview and will be a vegetarian marathon runner, just in case).  The naming scheme will be different too - although I do slightly regret not getting the chance to play a family of photographers called Poynton-Shute.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Household Skills Project - abandoned (bugged file)
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2012, 05:35:15 AM »
Aww, Poynton-Shute, cute! You are so creative. I'm sorry the bad bugs got you but I look forward to your next attempt ^_^
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2012, 07:31:28 AM »
I'm really sorry you had to give up on this. Richard is a sweet kid. Lots of good luck!  :)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2012, 03:44:33 AM »
Thanks, both of you.  I have started on the next attempt but I'm not going to post until I'm reasonably certain the game's behaving itself.

Richard is a sweet kid.

He was adorable as a child.  It's a pity he grew up a bit odd-looking.

Just out of curiosity, I aged the twins up in CAS.  Jessica inherited Lea's eyes and turned into a very pretty young adult. Natalie, who had unexpectedly blonde hair, aged up looking oddly like Agnes Crumplebottom  ???

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Household Skills Project - Graveyard, please
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2012, 03:27:13 PM »
As requested by the author, I am moving this story to the Graveyard.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

anything