Author Topic: Household Skills Project  (Read 20556 times)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: Household Skills Project
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2012, 03:27:29 PM »
Chapter 8: A Christopher of one’s own

The mutterings are explained.  A few days ago, Lea had her second child and heir, Christopher Cook.

She doesn’t look all that happy.  Must have been a tough labour.  It seems to have done wonders for her telekinetic abilities though:

She seemed very keen to get away from the hospital.  Poor Sri had to run to catch up.

Christopher is brave and easily impressed and likes orange.  With the happiness points from the birth of the son he wanted, Sri was able to change his lifetime wish to Culinary Librarian and is already close to achieving it.

The next day, Lea had another birthday and wasn’t at all pleased about it.

It doesn’t really seem right for a new mother to have grey hair, so she’s gone for a custom compromise.

Before long, there were more birthdays.  Chris is now a toddler and Becky has aged up to child and gained the ambitious trait.  I think she preferred being a toddler.

The kids mostly get on well

although big sisters can be scary sometimes

and Christopher needs somewhere to hide.

“Has she gone yet?”

“Ooh look, there are toys in here!”

Chapter 9

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
Re: Household Skills Project - Chapter 8: A Christopher of one's own
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2012, 04:56:03 PM »
Happy birthday Lea! Christopher is the cutest nooboo ever!  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2012, 05:02:17 PM »
It would be really strange if Christopher grew up to be the heir and then moved to Sunset Valley and met The Christopher Steel
Toddler Christopher is very adorable though.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Ketalar

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2012, 02:06:24 AM »
I truly love your story! And with so many kids in the house things won't be quiet for a while for you! :)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2012, 02:46:08 AM »
Thanks for the good wishes, everyone.

And with so many kids in the house things won't be quiet for a while for you!
In fact, this is my quiet game :) I'm alternating between this and the Wishmasters challenge (although I'm not sure I'll finish it in time for an official entry) and that's really hectic.

It would be really strange if Christopher grew up to be the heir and then moved to Sunset Valley and met The Christopher Steel
Especially since I vaguely considered Steel for the next surname (it kind of fits) :)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2012, 03:39:43 AM »
Chapter 9: Growing up in the Cook house

Another week, another round of birthdays.

Rebecca is going to be the supermaxer in this house, so she became a natural cook and started making meals as soon as she’d sorted out her new look, taking time out only to learn to drive and to watch TV (the cooking channel, of course).

Christopher aged up to child with distinctly Chris-like hair:

I didn’t think it suited his face or personality, so he’s gone back to the child equivalent of his toddler style.   He also has to master cooking, of course, but he has different priorities, so he spent the weekend getting a head start by playing with the toy oven.  His first muffin was horrendous.  :(

His new trait is daredevil.  It seemed right, somehow.

Lea finally went back to work for the first time since meeting Sri and found that her performance was terrible because all of her old colleagues had retired or died.  She’s been holding a wish to retire since she aged up to elder, so I let her.  She’ll probably be anxious to advance for the rest of her life but I thought she deserved a rest.

Lea and Sri have both maxed cooking, so I mostly leave them to do what they want.  They seem to be filling the time quite pleasantly.

Chapter 10

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Household Skills Project - Chapter 9: Growing up in the Cook house
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2012, 05:00:36 AM »
Rebecca has turned into a beautiful teen I hope she enjoys spending her days cooking for her family. Young Chris really wants to look like his namesake doesn't he.

Great update.

Rachel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2012, 01:11:20 PM »
Rebecca has turned into a beautiful teen

Yes, hasn't she?  It was odd that such a cute toddler turned into a bit of a funny-looking child (although my Sims often seem to look their worst as children).  I was pleased that she got her looks back when she aged up.

Ketalar

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2012, 07:54:42 AM »
I'm really curious what Christopher will look like when he's an adult.. :P

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2012, 03:20:55 PM »
Given the black hair, I don't think he's likely to look much like his namesake :)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2012, 04:20:18 PM »
Chapter 10: Three birthdays and a funeral

Lea had it all planned out so well.  Sri would have a proper final birthday – a family meal out at the bistro, then home for cake and maybe a private celebration later, when the kids had gone to bed.  You know what they say about mice and men…   She should have remembered that the reason they hadn’t eaten out recently was that the food was much better at home.

The trouble started when they looked at the menu – what kind of a restaurant offers a choice of stu surprise or tofu dogs?

They couldn’t find a table for four and had to split up.  So much for the family meal.

Then Sri wandered off in search of drinks instead of going home with everyone else and missed his cake.  Instead, he aged up outside the bistro, surrounded by strangers.

So Becky blew out the candles instead and acquired the neat trait.  Someone needs to clear up all those meals they’re cooking.

The next day, Lea got her wish to see her daughter graduate.  Becky did well in her single week at high school – honor roll, valedictorian, prom queen and most popular.

She’d decided she wanted  to be a five-star chef almost as soon as she started cooking and the previous evening’s debacle had made it clear that someone needed to sort out the bistro, so she went straight over there in her cap and gown to join the staff.

The original plan for the day had been a joint birthday party for Chris and Becky but that clearly wasn’t going to happen now.  In fact, Christopher ended up celebrating his birthday in the bathroom.

You can tell he went to ballet lessons :)

Her young husband aging up to elder had made Lea very much aware of her own mortality and she decided to put her affairs in order.  She still had Clark Peddler’s old van – silly, when they could afford to buy better cars these days.  So she returned her final stolen item.

Then she bought new cars for both of her children:

a Heartbreak Hot Rod for Chris

and a rather more sensible Wornado Triage  for Becky.

Then she settled down with a clear conscience to making the most of whatever time she had left.

At the age of 93, her life came to an end.

She begged Grim to let her stay with her beloved slide family but he was as unforgiving as usual.

RIP Lea Tinker-Cook, a fine founder.

Chapter 11

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Household Skills Project - Chapter 10: Three birthdays and a funeral
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2012, 04:41:55 PM »
Goodbye Lea you were the best of founders and I am sure your slide and family will miss you too.

Rachel

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2012, 05:49:51 AM »
Rest in peace, Lea. You were such a great founder  :)

loveSims

« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2012, 07:08:56 AM »
R.I.P Lea. You did a awesome job as founder.

Ketalar

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2012, 08:11:11 AM »
This last update is really great! I know sims pretty much always do the same animations when they die, and I don't know why, but the last picture really picked up my emotions :S  That must mean you're a good writer. :)