Author Topic: Gilbert Immortal Dynasty: Union Cove  (Read 38918 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Gilbert Immortal Dynasty: Union Cove
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2012, 10:25:26 PM »
Jasmine aged up into a child.

She gained the Photographer's Eye trait and immediately began snapping pictures of everything in sight. Some day, this little gal will travel around the world taking photographs until she has created a World-Class Collection. Jasmine's supermax skill, as you've probably guessed, will be photography.

Terry had told Jasmine so many stories of her and Herbert's adventures in Egypt and China, and Jasmine had always listened with wide eyed fascination. She too would travel the globe some day! She insisted on decorating her room to reflect her interest in travel and foreign cultures.

Jasmine began her photography skill by snapping pictures in the garden.

Jasmine's art pieces were quickly added to the museum.

Meanwhile, Terry was preparing for her big day--the day she would eat ambrosia. In the last week of her Adulthood, she began to wrap up her dynasty requirements.

Terry rose to the top of the Inventing profession and was awarded a key to city by the Major of Union Cove!

Next, Terry rocked out on the drums for an entire day straight to gain her last skill point to complete her lifetime wish of Renaissance Sim.

She rocked harder than she had ever rocked before--until she was hungry, and her arms were sore, and she just wanted to lie down and sleep. Until finally . . .

She looks pretty angry here; this gal has some serious frustration to pound out!

Next, Terry needed to raise her relationships up a bit to meet the six best friends requirement. She began by spending some time with her daughter.

What better way to get in your child's good graces than by helping with homework?

Terry pulled her sister aside for a little chat to make sure they were still good pals.

"You're an angler, so let's talk about fishing! Yes? Oh, good! Two plus signs! How about we keep talking about fishing? I've never fished before in my life but I can certainly enthuse about it!"

Then Terry pulled Herbert aside for a little art talk, that was always a good way to gain brownie points with the hubby.

"Sculpting! Yes, it's fantastic!"

Finally, Terry invited an old friend from China to visit. The travel would take her a bit, and she would miss Terry's birthday party, but she assured Terry she would be there first thing the next morning.

With everything but a final best friend and her elder portraits complete, it was time for Terry to age up to Elder.

Make a wish!

Celebration:

Scary engulfing sparkles:

And the disappointment of growing elderly.

Don't worry Terry, I'll fix you up in the mirror so nice you'll forget how old you are!

After a make-over, Terry greeted her friend from China with a considerably more youthful look.

"Haha, thanks for coming all this way! Now let's hurry up and make it to Best Friends!"

"Excellent! Herbert, create my likeness in ice!"

I'm glad Terry isn't scowling for this sculpture.

"Herbert, paint! Quickly!"

While Terry waited for Herbert to finish her portrait, Fred pulled Terry aside for a little chat to prepare her for immortality.

"Sweetheart, you're gonna love it. Being immortal is fantastic. I'm so proud!"

"Thanks, Dad!"

It was time.

Terry became an immortal.

Terry Gilbert: Second Generation
Career: Inventing
Supermax Skill: Handiness
Lifetime Wish: Renaissance Sim
Lifetime Rewards: Efficient Inventor, Fireproof Homestead, Artisan Crafter
Best Friends: Herbert Smith, Jasmine Smith, Fred Gilbert, Josie Gilbert, Lin Hua, Chin-Ha Squires
Property: The Grange
Building: Divisadero Budget Books
Opportunities: Work/School Learning Project, Fix Before Jail Break, Exposition on Explosion, Beating for Beatniks, Drink Promotion, Master Invention
Paintings and Sculptures for all life stages: Complete

loveSims

« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2012, 11:32:32 AM »
Congrats on your second immortal! ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2012, 05:14:51 PM »
Congratulations on your second immortal.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2012, 07:18:21 PM »

Thanks, guys! It's great having such consistent readers/commentors as you two!

I was starting to get pretty worried about getting Terry's career maxed before her elder birthday. I hadn't ever used the consignment store before or maxed a profession by selling through it, so it took me awhile to get it off the ground.

So far, Jasmine's photography is a lot of fun! I think it'll be a fairly easy supermax skill, but I'll let you know how it goes later on.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2012, 08:03:56 PM »
Only a day or two after her mother's Elder birthday, Jasmine also had a birthday.

The family celebrates.

Jasmine jumped into the air, and aged up to a Teen.

Now, let's see what happens when we combine this:

With this:

And wa, la! The result:

Is this gal the spitting image of her mother or what? The mouth and nose are straight from Terry. The skin color is nice blend of Terry's and Herbert's mixed together. I think she turned out quite lovely. Fred's delicate features, I think, have helped produce some nice looking female sims.

But those eyes don't seem to be either Terry's or Herbert's--are they Hebe's?

Unfortunately, I don't happen to have an "in the mirror" screen of Hebe to get a closer look, but this was such a cute screenshot that I'm glad to show it. This was taken during Fred and Thea's wedding--Hebe just looks so happy for her friends!

Speaking of eyes, I've got my finger's crossed that somehow Thea's eyes will pop back up in the gene pool. I really loved those almond-shaped, slightly tilted eyes.

Here's a shot as a reminder:

Josie got these eyes. I think they're a little exotic and quite pretty.

Oh well, time to move on! I doubt y'all love staring at pictures of these sims as much as I do!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2012, 08:18:23 PM »

This is one of the shots I have of Hebe close up.

This is Hebe's daughter Bronte.

Rachel

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2012, 08:39:23 PM »
Okay, I loaded up a new game and took a shot of Hebe as she originally appears in Union Cove.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2012, 08:40:28 PM »

Oh! Looks like Rachael beat me to it!  :P

loveSims

« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2012, 07:04:44 AM »
Jasmine is lovely! And I do love staring at pictures of sims :P

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2012, 05:13:38 PM »
So Jasmine aged up as a lovely teen.

She immediately began to beg her parents to take her on a vacation. Terry and Herbert decided that a trip to France was just the thing--after all, they'd never been there before!

Terry tried nectar making for the first time.

She decided she didn't much care for it.

So she spent her time harvesting rare grapes.

And adventuring with Herbert, per usual.

Um, guys?

Well, I guess it's good that the passion is still alive!

Jasmine toured the museum, snapping pictures of everything in sight.

She also spent some time bonding with her dad.

They spoke much madness to each other, those crazy loons, and became good pals.

Over all, it was quite a pleasant and productive trip. Jasmine took ten photographs of France for her World-Class Collection, and Terry came home with nectar makers and rare plants for the Gilbert garden.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2012, 05:10:48 PM »
Terry, Herbert, and Jasmine returned home from their short trip to France.

Herbert decided to go ahead and make Jasmine's museum pieces.

Jasmine went back to her usual routine of school and homework.

After France, school seemed even more boring than it had before. Trying to reclaim a little excitement, Jasmine decided to sneak out after curfew.

She tried to explain.

"But, Moooooom, I needed a picture of a police car for my photo collection!"

Terry was not impressed.

She grounded Jasmine the night before Prom. Jasmine spent the next day doing chores, and finally worked her way back into her mother's good graces. Terry agreed to let Jasmine off the hook. After all, Terry had missed her Prom; she wanted better for her daughter.

Unfortunately, Jasmine became romantically involved with another young woman at the dance. It was then that Terry knew it was time to tell Jasmine about the immortal dynasty.

Terry: "It's a good thing you like taking pictures so much. You'll need to supermax that skill to be immortal."

Jasmine nearly choked on her food. "Immortal--what?"

The evening ended in heartbreak, as Jasmine had to tell her new-found lady friend that things just couldn't work out.

Jasmine did her best to try to explain, without sounding insane (which was hard, since she is). Ultimately, they decided to just be friends.

After all the prom and police drama, Jasmine was happy to settle back down into a calmer routine. So life went on much as it always had.

Fred tended his ever expanding garden.

Terry spent her time either upgrading the house

or traveling in her time machine.

You're never to old to enjoy an adventure!

Josie continued to fish.

She even agreed to try one of her sister Miya's experimental treatments.

Miya: It's okay. I'm a doctor. Trust me!

Josie: Omgihateyou.

Their relationship took a bit of dive after that.

Last but not least, the Gilberts continued to decorate their new house. First with an improved art studio.

Then with a sitting room where Doctor Miya could relax, read her medical journals, and even work from home.

Offline revolution724

• Townie
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2012, 05:30:57 PM »
On behalf of all the lesbians who have ever been browbeaten into marrying a dude because the family wanted it, I feel for Jasmine. 

BUT, I love this story (and Fred, particularly when he was young and given to fainting spells, is definitely my favorite).  Reading your story and the other dynasties here has inspired me to try again!  I could never match up to y'all's decorating and screenie-taking, so I'm not sure I'll ever post it, but you've made it fun to play along at home.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2012, 05:35:27 PM »
Oh poor Jasmine I feel so sorry for her I hope she can find some happiness with the man who is destined to be the father of her child.

Rachel

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2012, 10:09:36 PM »

Aw, thanks Revolution! This is now the second romantic interest I've had to break up with in this story because of Prom. Most Sims in the game seem to be bi or gender neutral, so hopefully Jasmine will throw up some wishes with male Sims too. Although, I have had Sims that would only have romantic wishes for one gender.

You know, it has been awhile since Fred has fainted. I'm gonna have to remedy that.  :P

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2012, 10:10:25 PM »
Terry suddenly realized that being an elder--and an immortal one, at that--was a wonderous opportunity. She now had all the time in the world to do all the dangerous, daredevil activities she'd always wanted to do--and with no fear of dying!

She decided to start by heading down to the local junkyard. She set some dynamite and waited for the action to start.

It was glorious.

Terry go so caught up admiring the action, that she forgot to take precautions to stay at a safe distance.

She got a little singed, but she was alright.

Terry also decided that Fred needed a little help in his garden. Hand-harvesting plants was just so old fashioned. It was time to bring a little high-tech tactics to bare.

After all, she couldn't very well entrust Fred to get the job done. Terry remembered what had happened the one time Fred had tried to use her harvester.

Fred hadn't liked it at all.

Don't worry Fred, Terry and her high-tech gadgets are here to help.

Although Terry might live forever, the same couldn't be said for everyone. The day that Terry had been dreading finally came.

Herbert aged up to Elder.

Well, at least he finally got to have a birthday party!

But that wasn't all Terry had to worry about. If Herbert just had a birthday, Josie and Miya's couldn't be far behind.

They aged up quietly with little to do.

Old age hit Josie as she returned home one evening after gathering more special seeds for Fred's garden.

Miya made some hilarious faces during her birthday.

Terry decided she needed to spend as much time with Herbert as she possibly could. It was time they did something they'd been putting off doing for a long time.

They needed to go back to where it had all began.

anything