Author Topic: Gilbert Immortal Dynasty: Union Cove  (Read 38920 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Gilbert Immortal Dynasty: Union Cove
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2012, 12:02:46 PM »
Hello everyone!

Thanks for reading along and for your warm welcome to the forum. I'd used Carl's site for guides, but never read the forums until I saw Union Cove released. I guess I got curious and wanted to know more about the people and site that created it. It's absolutely awesome; thanks to everyone who contributed to making it!

I hadn't realized that Hebe and Thea were part of your dynasty, Rachel. I've been reading a lot of the dynasty stories lately but I hadn't come across yours yet. So I went looking for it and started reading it. You have a great sense of humor! As much as I already loved Hebe and Thea, they're all the more awesome knowing something about the background of these beautiful blue babes. I'd been wondering why the cat was named "Sideburns". It's no wonder Hebe loves that cat--it was her husband in a former life! Hehe. Well, you may be happy to know that (if I complete this challenge successfully) Hebe and Thea will always have a special place in my museum.

I've been keeping most everything Thea paints. She has a dedicated wall in my museum.

You can only see part of it in this screenshot; it's actually about twice as big. Hebe did the sculpture of course; I love that Thea chose a playful pose. There's that insane trait popping up again! Thea has also commemorated Hebe and Sideburns in portraits.

These are currently in Hebe's bedroom:

So, where did I leave off my last update? Oh, the wedding of course! Well, at this point I realized that Fred had only a week before aging up. Hebe still needed 18 more ice sculptures to get the non-melty achievement. I moved the sculpting station into her bedroom, bought her the squeaky clean and steel bladder LTRs, and bought fruit from the grocery store to feed her. As a result, Hebe never left her room and spent all of her time sculpting. I started to worry that she wouldn't get it done in time. I have never seen a sim break so many ice sculptures! Seriously, she broke, like, seven!

Here's Hebe crying after breaking yet another one:

That's right! Cry, Hebe, cry! You're going to be crying a lot more if you don't finish these in time! After constant breath holding at the beginning of each new sculpture, she finally got enough LTR points and bought a mid-life crisis. Now, I like Hebe, so I didn't want to give her a complete lobotomy. So I only swapped out two traits: Savvy Sculptor replaced Natural Cook and Lucky replaced Friendly. I kept her insane, of course. Now that she wasn't breaking every other sculpture, Hebe got it done.

Here she is with her 25th ice sculpture!

The ladies tag team Fred for some art work.

They both produced brilliant pieces! Hebe proudly surveys their work.

The house threw Hebe a birthday party. After all her hard work, she'd earned it!

Here's Thea looking very pregnant.

Fred also aged up to Adult.

Do you think he can open his mouth any wider? Om nom nom!

I know sims change their outfits when pregnant, but this I found to be a little unusual:

I've never seen them change their accessories. I guess Thea felt like the pregnancy affected her eyesight, because she got some glasses.

The house gets burglarized yet again. This time, fortunately, I had alarms.

Haha, I love this! Thea freaks out while Hebe just calmly waves hello like it's no big deal. "Well, hello, Mr. Thief! And how are you today?"

Fred, however, was very upset about the whole matter.

Per usual, he fainted several times.

And finally, welcome the newest member of the family and the heir to the immortal dynasty!

Yay, she got Thea's blue skin! Blue nuuboo! Meet Terry Gilbert. She's not as crazy as her mother, but she's a little neurotic.

Terry Gilbert: 2nd Generation
Traits: Neurotic, Eccentric
Super Max Skill: Handiness
Career: Inventing
LTW: undecided

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2012, 12:14:21 PM »
Yay a blueboo I am really pleased for you. I am glad you enjoyed my Smith Dynasty it was a lot of fun to play.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 12:55:31 PM »
While Fred and Thea were experiencing all the joy and new beginnings that comes with the birth of a first child, Hebe was experiencing a new beginning of her own.

What do you think? Does he have the sim-genes to make a lovely baby with Hebe?

I'm crossing my fingers the baby gets those big, blue eyes!

Terry ages up to toddler.

She's definitely got Thea's skin and eye color, and I think that's Fred's mouth. I guess we'll know more when she ages up again. While Hebe spends most of her days fishing and eating apples, Fred and Thea work on teaching little Terry nuuboo the basics.

Walking . . .

Talking . . .

Terry loves her mommy!

Although now that I look at this picture again, I'm not sure whose thought bubble that is. If it's Thea thinking about Thea, then it's far less cute.

The blue babes get to work on making Terry's museum pieces.

During her pregnancy, Hebe automatically chose a new swimsuit to wear. I guess she didn't think she could pull off a two piece with the baby belly. Sometimes I do have to worry about her taste, though. Snakeskin patterned swimwear? Really?

Thea proudly blows a kiss to her painting. I'm not really sure why she decided to use a fuzzy painting style, but who am I to interfere with Thea's artistic vision?

While Fred is out of the house at work, Hebe begins to experience some stomach pains.

Thea: Omg, the baby!

Hebe: No, no, I think it was just some bad pancakes.

Thea: There's water all over the floor!

Hebe: Hm, oh, maybe you're right. Let's get to a hospital then.

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 01:26:35 PM »
Haha! Just found this Dynasty. I <3 it :) Can't  wait to see the nooboo!

loveSims

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 04:39:57 PM »
I love your story! Can't wait for next update.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2012, 10:04:37 AM »
Please welcome the newest blue nooboo to the family!

This, folks, is little Mr. Herbert Smith--named in honor of his mother Hebe.

Apparently, the newest arrival got Fred to thinking, and he decided he and Thea should try and have one more baby. He puts the smooth moves over on his wife.

"Thea, darling, I just wanted to take you away to a beautiful tropical beach and cover you with sun tan lotion, but we can't. We're not allowed to travel until the 2nd generation hits Young Adult."

Um, Fred, her eyes are up a little bit higher there.

In her off hours, Thea continues to level up her fishing skill. She came across the strangest sight the other day while looking for a good fishing spot.

Is that a preacher man throwing down some moves in the middle of nowhere?

The deer, his only audience, seem less than thrilled with his performance. These screenshots have absolutely nothing to do with the story, by the way, they just cracked me up. Anyways . . .

Herbert ages up to toddler!

Daw, look at those big blue eyes! What do you think, folks, will Terry and Herbert be sitting in a tree someday? K-I-S-S-I-N-G?

Fred super maxes cooking by making his 75th meal.

Wa, la! Perfection!

Terry ages up to child.

Before Thea can enjoy her slice of the cake, she begins to go into labor.

Thea and Fred calmly rise from their seats at the table, look at each other, nod, and calmly head out the door to the hospital. I was so proud of Fred! Normally he just spazzes out and passes out, but today he was strangely calm. Only Hebe did the hebe-jebe dance and freaked out.

As Fred and Thea head to the hospital, I suddenly realize I do not have an extra bedroom. Now that Terry's a child, she's going to need a room of her own. So I built a small cottage next to the main house. It's very small: just two bedrooms, an entryway, and a bathroom. Hebe and Herbert will live here, while Terry will take Hebe's former room in the main house.

I also built a wall to keep out those pesky paparazzi.

Terry's new room.

Apparently I forgot to take a Child screenshot of her in the mirror. I changed her hair to red, but you'll see some more photos of her in the next update.

loveSims

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2012, 10:59:18 AM »
Congrats with another blueboo! Great update. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2012, 11:41:43 AM »
Another Blueboo I am so happy for you. The family seem to have the dynasty requirements well in hand.

Rachel

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 04:22:23 PM »
A Nooboo Surprise!

After many hours of labor, Fred and Thea emerge out of the hospital carrying--what's that? TWO new nooboos?

Um, guys, shouldn't you look happy about the birth of your new children? Why the grumpy faces?

Thea looks distinctly un-pleased. Twins hurt.

Fred looks absolutely petrified.

It was an unexpected addition to the household for everyone. The extra nooboo has bumped the household total up to seven. Things sure got crowded in the Gilbert household fast! It looks like Terry might have to marry Herbert whether she likes him or not, because at this point there's no room for a spouse. Well, we'll see. Thea is only a few days away from Elder, and Terry is still just a child.

With a toddler and two babies, Hebe and Thea had their hands full.

Literally.

Herbert learns all of the basic skills.

Hebe and Thea quickly knock out Terry's child pieces.

Thea once more goes with the fuzzy painting style.

Terry looks awful serious about posing for her sculpture.

Thea ages up to Elder with little ado. With all the youngin's, there was no time for a proper celebration.

Fred reaches level 10 in his career. I wanted Fred's adult portrait and sculpture to be of him in his maxed-out uniform, so Thea and Hebe went to work capturing Fred's wonderfully tall new chef hat in between baby breaks.

The updated museum:

The twins age up to toddler, bringing the total toddler count up to three. Oh my, three toddlers. The next few days are going to be interesting!

Introducing Josie:

And Miya:

Despite their initial reaction, Fred and Thea quickly warmed up to their new nooboos and began to teach them everything they would need to know for later in life. Okay, not everything, but at least the basics. Thankfully, Hebe was there to help. With three adults in the house, the toddlers were able to learn all their skills.

Sisterly playtime.

Miya learns to walk toward "Aunt" Hebe.

Fred: "I love you, Josie."

Still lookin' good Thea! An Elder mom with her Toddler kid. Yeah, Fred and Thea waited a long time before getting the family started.

Herbert finally ages up to child. Whew! Three toddlers to take care of was stressful.

One down, two to go!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 05:44:16 PM »
That is one busy household. I bet you and the blue ladies breath a sigh of relief when the toddlers all grow up.

Rachel

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2012, 08:00:08 PM »
Herbert aged up into quite a handsome little child, if I do say so myself!

I'm not sure why his hair is magically a darker brown than it was when he was a toddler (he had light brown hair), but it was the game, not me! He went straight to work painting.

So far his traits are: Artistic, Insane, Cat Person. Somehow "crazy" and "cat people" just seem to go together. I also plan for him to gain the Savvy Sculptor trait to follow in his mother's footsteps.

Terry and Herbert got along well, but only got to be children together for one day.

After that, Terry aged up to Teen.

She's got Thea's eye and skin color and Thea's nose. The face shape and mouth, though, are very Fred.

As mentioned earlier, the red hair isn't something she was born with. It just seemed to fit with her personality so I changed it. So far her traits are: Neurotic, Eccentric, Handy, and Daredevil. I haven't decided on a fifth trait yet, but I'm thinking to either do Genius or Insane. Either way, this gal is a firecracker! I have big plans for her and lots of explosives and fire.

Just for fun, I tried styling Terry with something closer to her original dark hair.

It just didn't feel right though. She looks too porcelain and delicate. No, I think red suits this spicy gal much better.

Thea paints a somewhat off-center portrait of Teen Terry. Hey, at least it's not all fuzzy this time!

Per usual, Hebe does the sculpting.

That's Terry in her everyday outfit. I think colors like black, orange, and maybe red will be reoccurring themes for her.

I think it's because of her daredevil trait, but Terry never just walks down the stairs. This gal always slides down in style.

In her off hours, Terry invents at her table. She's also registered as a self-employed inventor.

Fred, meanwhile, gets prepared for the big day by reading the Ambrosia recipe . . .

And purchasing some land!

I haven't done much with Upper Lake so far: some bathrooms, grill, picnic tables, sandbox, benches, and a little screen-in hot tub.

His requirements are coming along quite nicely. He's maxed the Culinary career, super-maxed cooking, completed his black ops, has 5 of the 6 best friends, and has purchased his properties and upgraded them. Hebe caught the perfect deathfish, and Fred's garden has outstanding life plants which will soon be ready for harvest and hopefully produce at least one perfect fruit.

All too soon, but not nearly soon enough, little toddlers Miya and Josie age to child. Finally, I'm done with toddlers (for the time being)!

Here's Josie:

Ah, the age-old cross-eyed age up!

And Miya:

Miya's hair was the same color as Josie's, but I changed it to blonde to better tell them apart.

Then it was time for Fred's Elder birthday. Whew, so many birthdays around here lately! I threw Fred a party. After all, this is the last birthday he'll ever have!

Well Fred, what did you wish for?

To be immortal, of course!

Sparkles engulf Fred . . .

Not lookin' too bad!

A few moments later, I scroll over to check on the rest of the family, and what do I find?

Do I even want to know why all three children are staring at this man? What did he just do?

loveSims

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2012, 11:30:28 AM »
Wow! You've got a real full house threre. Great update. :)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2012, 11:53:41 AM »
I agree that Terry looks much more striking in red than her original hair colour. All the Kids have grown up beautifully, I really should try some blue/green/red sims more often! Great Updates!  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2012, 02:14:37 PM »
Great story! You have some really beautiful kids! To bad most of them are going to have to leave for the afterlife at one point... I agree with Samoth the blue sims look really cool. Makes me want to try it out too :P

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2012, 03:11:00 PM »
Terry really suits the red hair. I totally agree that blue Sims are way cool  ;D

Rachel

anything