Author Topic: Questions From a Newbie  (Read 11008 times)

Louise

Re: Questions From a Newbie
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 07:38:54 AM »
Oh, and may I know how much is 2,000 SimPoints worth in dollars please?

SimPoints are purchased at http://thesims3.com.  2,000 SimPoints cost US$20.00 plus tax.

Are SimPoints only available at the Sims 3 Store?

Leto85

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 12:14:21 PM »
Oh, and may I know how much is 2,000 SimPoints worth in dollars please?

SimPoints are purchased at http://thesims3.com.  2,000 SimPoints cost US$20.00 plus tax.

Are SimPoints only available at the Sims 3 Store?

Yes. You can't by it in a store in real life.
Saying that, at least not where I live.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2010, 06:14:47 PM »
It might be possible to buy SimPoints at a game store in the form of a gift card or something similar.  I can't say for sure as I've never done it, but I think I've seen them.  If you're in the United States, it would be at a place where the game is sold, like Best Buy.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2010, 06:47:27 PM »
Yes, Some places you can buy the Cards in store, which look like normal game cases but say 2000 simpoints pack on or something.

My Knowledge comes from frequent Surveys of the Gaming Sections!  ;D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Louise

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2010, 02:54:37 PM »
It might be possible to buy SimPoints at a game store in the form of a gift card or something similar.  I can't say for sure as I've never done it, but I think I've seen them.  If you're in the United States, it would be at a place where the game is sold, like Best Buy.

Thanks again Pam! You are so wonderful :) .

Yes, I am currently in the United States but going to Canada for summer vacations. I am getting (or might get)"The Sims 3" and the "The Sims 3: World Adventures" in the U.S. I am willing to also get "The Sims 3: Ambitions" in Canada since I do not want to get too many The Sims 3 CDs at a time with not much experience. So let me get used to the two CDs first  ;)

I suppose I will get SimPoints in Canada too . . . But I still do not know if I also want "The Sims 3: High-End Loft Stuff"?

~~Louise

Louise

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2010, 02:57:04 PM »
Yeah, I was actually talking about SimPoints in the form of a giftcard  :)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2010, 07:19:39 PM »
I just looked up on my favourite game site, to buy off. This is a 1000 points Card which they sell, prices will vary in the rest of the world I think though!  ;)

- http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/12208748/The-Sims-3-Store-1000-SimPoints-Card/Product.html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=0
This is the UK only - maybe Europe I don't know?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2010, 02:58:48 AM »
I just looked up on my favourite game site, to buy off. This is a 1000 points Card which they sell, prices will vary in the rest of the world I think though!  ;)

- http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/12208748/The-Sims-3-Store-1000-SimPoints-Card/Product.html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=0
This is the UK only - maybe Europe I don't know?

That is in euro's. Nothing usable for people from America. Unless that was't the reason you where posting it. ;)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2010, 03:47:07 AM »
I'm actually not sure if the original poster is in the United States. It's good to know these other options, too.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2010, 05:29:15 AM »
Leto - I mainly posted it to show that they sold Cards in stores and online, I don't know any US sites or stores to look up though.  ;)

Leto85

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2010, 05:00:56 PM »
Leto - I mainly posted it to show that they sold Cards in stores and online, I don't know any US sites or stores to look up though.  ;)

Ah so. Okay. :)

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2010, 07:23:09 AM »
I know Amazon UK also sell points cards online. So I've just checked Amazon.com and they also sell cards, albeit from other sellers not Amazon direct:

http://www.amazon.com/sims-3-store-card-Mac/dp/B002UXQTSM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1275391257&sr=8-1

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2010, 08:12:02 AM »
I hope this is not off topic, but I hadn't realised you could buy simpoints from places other than sims3.com
I can't buy any from there because it insists I live in America, so I'd given up on anything but free points with expansion packs. But if the UK can buy them too, maybe I (aussies) can? Does anyone know?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2010, 09:48:55 AM »
I have seen Sim Cards in the PC sections of Shops, I also found one online which looks like a gaming box with presumably a card with a code inside.

Also I found a Mobile Sim Point Exchange! I found it in the ad on the left under The Store and My account. If that helps?

https://mobile.thesims3.com/web/lockbox/checkout?

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2010, 12:19:03 AM »
I found out how! There was a button I didn't notice that I can use to change the country! So I can buy simpoints! A small positive in the disappointment of not getting free points with ambitions.

anything