Author Topic: Restored Goth Manor  (Read 4879 times)

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
Restored Goth Manor
« on: April 24, 2012, 04:54:06 PM »
Note: This house was going to be for the competition, however I found out afterwards that I can't use downloaded player-made patterns in competition houses. I won't be able to remove all the patterns I used before the competition ends, unfortunately, so I decided to leave them in and show what I've done.

Young Mortimer Goth knew he had to think of something a little special if he was going to impress Bella. But by the same token, he didn't want to bring shame to his family's name by completely changing the family manor into something modern. So, remembering his beau's favourite colour (red) he took his paintbrush and tools, and created a breathtaking masterpiece that he was sure would impress Bella AND keep his family honor in tact.

Here's what he came up with...

Size: 60x60
Cost:
Furnished: §318,036
Unfurnished: §185,036

Expansion/Stuff packs used: All
Store items: Year of the Dragon Table Lamp (free)

Mortimer decided to take advantage of the open airiness of the atrium and place a hottub in there. He imagined balmy evenings with his sweetheart in the tub, relaxing with a glass of nectar...

Keeping the dining area similar to the original was in Mortimer's mind as he restored this room. He wanted to bring out the original colours of the walls and floor, and definately Bella would appreciate the curtains...

The lounge, or living room, is probably the most popular place in a house, so this definately had to be a balance between stately and comfortable.

The bedroom took a lot of work. Here was a place where all his hopes and dreams with the woman he loves would hopefully, in time, come to fruition. He needed to make sure the room was soft, romantic and elegent as well as keep the Goth feel.

And what would a beautiful master bedroom be without an equally beautiful and stately private bathroom?

If all went well, Mortimer knew that within the fullness of time, they'd be needing a spare bedroom for an expanding family...

And a little outdoor entertainment and pool area never goes astray.

Due to the limit of pictures allowed on the forums, I could only pick out a few. However, you can view the entire album of 90-odd photos (before and after shots) here
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: Restored Goth Manor
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 05:30:08 PM »
That is great! But you won't be able to use it for the contest since it can't be seen on the forum before you post it.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 05:37:52 PM »
That is great! But you won't be able to use it for the contest since it can't be seen on the forum before you post it.

Ah well. Maybe I'll make a new one for the competition. I still had fun creating this one, and to be honest with you, once I found out I couldn't use player-made patterns in a competition entry, I knew I probably wouldn't be able to remove it all from the house because I used it a fair amount.

No matter :-) Plenty more competitions to enter! :D
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 12:52:57 PM »
Wonderful job. It looks very elegant. Well done.

Offline Agneza

• Occult
  • Don't worry be happy...
    • Agneza's creations
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 02:53:10 PM »
Great job like allways  ;D

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses