Author Topic: No Option to Propose Going Steady (And, I assume, Marriage)  (Read 161056 times)

good_times

No Option to Propose Going Steady (And, I assume, Marriage)
« on: April 19, 2012, 08:04:06 PM »
Hey All-

I'm trying to build a relationship (romantic) between a male and female sim but the option to "go steady" won't come up no matter what I do. I even tried using Clean Slate and then starting a relationship with another sim and same thing. Their bar is full, they've woohooed, gone out on a date, everything I can think of. I recently installed Showtime and the only thing i can think of is this is a new bug or patch that I don't know about. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it? Thanks!

P.S. Neither Sims have the Commitment Issues trait.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Re: No Option to Propose Going Steady (And, I assume, Marriage)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 08:08:53 PM »
Do you have LN? If so, buy the Master of Seduction LTR and/or the Never Dull one. (base game)
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

good_times

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 08:19:45 PM »
I do. I have the Never Dull reward and I'll try the other one. Thank you!

good_times

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 12:25:20 PM »
Tried adding the Master of Seduction trait and still no luck. Don't know if this helps, but I've tried going on a couple dates and searching for the option but nothing. I saw on the Relationships guide that the option comes up when your Sim is being "extremely irresistible." My date has felt that about my Sim many times but I just can't get that option to come up. Another interesting thing: I had a party and while talking to a good friend (not the love interest), i got the option to ask to move in. I'm 99% sure that option has never come up for  the love interest.

Offline Noodles

• Occult
  • Guineapig lover ♥
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 12:31:27 PM »
Tried adding the Master of Seduction trait and still no luck. Don't know if this helps, but I've tried going on a couple dates and searching for the option but nothing. I saw on the Relationships guide that the option comes up when your Sim is being "extremely irresistible." My date has felt that about my Sim many times but I just can't get that option to come up. Another interesting thing: I had a party and while talking to a good friend (not the love interest), i got the option to ask to move in. I'm 99% sure that option has never come up for  the love interest.

"Ask to move in" is a friendly option and pops up when you do enough friendly interactions. "Ask to go steady" is under romantic, and you need to make romantic interactions until they feel you're "extremely irresistible", like you know already. :)

Have you told them about having a crush yet? (sorry, my game is translated, and I don't know what that interaction is called in the english version. In my game it's something like "Admit having a crush") You have to do that before asking to go steady.
Have they had their first kiss yet? Maybe you need to do that as well. But I think you propably did these all already. I'm sorry I can't be of any more help.  :-\

good_times

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 12:59:08 PM »
It's "Confess Attraction" :D. But i like the English translation so much better!

Yes, I've tried every romantic interaction available (except Propose Going Steady and Marriage). Oh, I haven't tried Try For Baby, but I can't imagine that is the problem.

I appreciate the suggestions, Noodles! You never know what can help!  ;)

Offline Ashel Veh

• Llama Wrangler
  • "What is a Weekend?"
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 09:50:01 PM »
It's "Confess Attraction" :D. But i like the English translation so much better!

Yes, I've tried every romantic interaction available (except Propose Going Steady and Marriage). Oh, I haven't tried Try For Baby, but I can't imagine that is the problem.

I appreciate the suggestions, Noodles! You never know what can help!  ;)

It usually takes me going through the romantic interactions a couple times before I work my way up to "extremely irresistible" and the option to Propose Going Steady pops up.  If you aren't at "extremely irresistible" I can guarantee that the option won't show.  If you're getting that far and the option still isn't there then have you tried resetting your sim?  If that doesn't work, have you tried evicting them and replacing them?  As a last resort you could also try saving them to the bin and placing them in a completely fresh town.  After that I really don't know what to suggest.

Hope this helps.

- Ashel Veh

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 01:40:51 AM »
Have you told them about having a crush yet? (sorry, my game is translated, and I don't know what that interaction is called in the english version. In my game it's something like "Admit having a crush") You have to do that before asking to go steady.
Have they had their first kiss yet? Maybe you need to do that as well. But I think you propably did these all already. I'm sorry I can't be of any more help.  :-\

:o I don't have to do that. My Sims just need to get to a reasonable relationship level, find each other extremely attractive, ask to go steady, propose, marry, done.

Have either Sims been in a previous relationship? I hear that can cause this bug.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 02:32:31 AM »
Perhaps they're not really attractive to each other. I have a sim that I use a lot from my library. There were times i n some games where I was surprised she wasn't flirting (since she has the trait). I started using a mod and found out she prefers women to men. She just wasb't attracted to the men.

good_times

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 02:49:38 PM »
That is interesting about the gender preference. It would explain why she hasn't been able to use that option on both men I've tried hooking her up with. Seabody mentioned resetting my sim; I wonder if that would change her preference (and, yes, I did wait until the male sim felt my sim was "extremely irresistible" :) ). Oh and my sim has only had two romantic interests, never any actual committed relationships.

Is there a way to change their preference or is it random? MoMoll, could you tell me where you got the mod?

Thanks everyone for offering your tips!

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 02:52:53 PM »
Here is the mod: Master Controller And Here is a guide on how to install it.

good_times

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 12:03:18 AM »
Thank you!! Been looking everywhere for a good one.  ;)

Offline TaliaSimmySim

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 04:02:36 PM »
Something I read on Carl's forum about the new horoscopes is if they don't match sometimes that can cause two sims to be incompatible. It doesn't always happen but every once in a while it pops in there.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 05:11:03 AM »
If you have World Adventures, and story progression is on,  I would suggest checking your family tree.  Sims oftern return home married and sometimes a parent and they haven't even met their partner, or if they have, they certainly didn't ask them to marry.
You just might be married and not know it.  This has happened to me several times.  I now make sure my sim is in a relationship, at the very least engaged, before they go on holiday.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 08:33:55 AM »
Having compatible signs helps.
But, by using mods, you can "consider attractiveness" or "gauge attractiveness" during friendly conversation. Before having the mod, I thought my sim had a lot in common with Richie Striker. They had compatible signs and other things in common With the mod when she asked him to gauge attractiveness, he considered her 4 out of 4 (highest for that one : "Richie is hanging on Nicki's every word"). Then she "considers attractiveness" and only gave him 1 out of ten. In otherwords, it said "Nicki doesn't find Richie at all attractive". When she used the same thing on Matthew Hamming it was 10 out of 10 "Nicki finds Matthew blindingly stunning".

anything