Author Topic: No Option to Propose Going Steady (And, I assume, Marriage)  (Read 161045 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: No Option to Propose Going Steady (And, I assume, Marriage)
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2012, 04:26:00 AM »
Looks like I've been hit by this bug. Typical that it's in the same family that always gives me the most grief... Anyway they're both full relationship, the status get's to extremely irresistible and I don't even get the option to become boyfriend/girlfriend. I've tried moving them out and back in, I've moved him in, I've killed them and resurrected them, I've sent them to a foreign nation and still nothing. They've both had previous romantic interests but have 'asked to be just friends' with both of the Ex-Interests. Has anyone fixed this bug or is it still unfixable?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 04:41:00 PM »
I read this thread yesterday - and today I got the same bug too. Wonder why?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 05:04:31 PM »
I moved them to a new town and the options appeared. Might work moving to a new save but the same town might work. :)

chelshoran

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 01:30:23 AM »
Hi what you can do is exactly the same as me. All you need to do is keep making them kiss and get them to know eachother and when they are doing an action wait for the action to finish before you start a new action and eventually it should show up. Or if that doesnt work then break up and meet a new person and do what i said to do the first time. It worked for me now my Sim and a Chinese man are having a baby. Wish you luck!! ;) :D

Offline nicstriumph

• Llama Wrangler
No Option to Propose Going Steady (And, I assume, Marriage)
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2012, 02:35:42 AM »
This happened when my Sim died and was resurrected. My marriage was ended so I just started them going through the motions but nothing worked, pity I wasn't on the site then, would have been an immense help... I just thought the husband was smarting due to being "widowed" for about 30 seconds, aha!

Love. Life. Beautifully.

Offline radaAmber

• Nooboo
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2012, 02:09:55 AM »
did anyone ever figure out if it was a BUG or not? I've been having this problem recently after i downloaded showtime.  :-\ I've tried with THREE different sims and yet i still cannot even become boyfriend or girlfriend. I've made sure that they are the only ones in the relationship, and they're relationship bar is full. I always get to the "Sim thinks Sim is extreamly irresistible" I have the options to woohoo, and try for baby ect. but never go steady or anything. I've tried everything i can to fix it. Any suggestions?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2012, 05:24:51 AM »
It is a bug but I fixed mine by moving them to a new world. I didn't try moving to a new file in the same world but their interactions worked in the new world.

Offline Americano.

• Nooboo
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2012, 11:08:25 AM »
The same problem happened to me :\

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2012, 11:17:15 AM »
Make sure the other sim isn't widowing a ghost. That can block new relationships, and the other sim can't break up with the ghost. Your best bet is making him/her move in with you, save the lot and move to a new world.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2012, 11:23:24 AM »
Ask your sim if single or if that option doesn't appear use few friendly options and see if there is "Break up with" option under friendly interactions.

Offline Americano.

• Nooboo
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2012, 02:59:48 PM »
The problem is gone for me! I just deleted some mods + installed Diesel Stuff Pack and the bug was gone for me :>

Offline Storie Teller

• Nooboo
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2013, 07:22:44 PM »
I had this same "bug" and in desperation used the cheat to add the sim to the household. Once I could see his friend list, it was obvious why the option of "going steady" never appeared. He had three other romantic interests! When my sim asked if he was single, he truthfully said yes.

Hmm...seems there are cads in the virtual world, too. LOL!

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2013, 04:16:29 AM »
I had this same "bug" and in desperation used the cheat to add the sim to the household. Once I could see his friend list, it was obvious why the option of "going steady" never appeared. He had three other romantic interests!

Actually, romantic interests don't affect the ability to go steady, your sim could have as many romantic interests as they want and should still have the ability to go steady with whoever they choose.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline Megan157

• Nooboo
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2013, 03:21:56 PM »
I have had the Same problem,
My sim has had a real relationship before and I have had no problems, but now I want my sim to marry another sim from the game but it won't let me. Both are young adults and the bar has gone all the way along and they have had several dates but its still not working. I have the never dull lifetime happiness reward as well if that is important?
They have also had a child together when they are only at the 'romantic interest' stage but whenever I check, it doesn't say on he relationship bar that the child is his.
He has also moved in with my sim and pays rent.
My sim also has the eternally faithful thing come up.

anything