Author Topic: The Aley Legacy: Chapter Forty-Eight - Party Girl vs Study Girl  (Read 56163 times)

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
Re: The Aley Legacy: Chapter Sixteen - Everybody Loves Serenity!
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2012, 04:49:05 PM »
Serenity is a cutie! Great update!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2012, 05:50:12 PM »
Thank you!

I would love for Serenity to have a unicorn, but I can't say that will be certain. But you did come close to guessing what will be in her future.  ;)
Well, then I'm assuming she'll become a horserider. Am I correct?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kaye

• Kooky, Cutie, KIRBY!!!!
  • Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2012, 04:04:11 PM »
You are correct! :D
The outside is quiet, but the inside is on full blast.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel
Cherry Blossom Daycare Center

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Aley Legacy: Chapter Sixteen and a half - Some Remodeling, Some Serenity
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2012, 12:12:42 AM »
Chapter 16.5: Some Remodeling, Some Serenity

Remember the filler chapter I had for Kelly? 5.5? Well, this is the same for Serenity. I wanted to make some additions to the house, but they can be shown in just three pictures, which I don't think makes even a good half-chapter, let alone a full one. The other reason is that Serenity is going to be out of the spotlight for the next two chapters. The focus will be on Skylar and Aaron's lives and Chanté and George's (but George will tell the story in that one instead of Chanté). So this will be Serenity's chapter and then, she will be out of focus until chapter 19, which may be a recollection of her toddler days up until her birthday.
--------

You might have noticed in some earlier pictures that the Aley household has a small bathroom. I've wanted to expand it for a while now, but didn't want to have to rebuild the kitchen and the living room too, so I didn't know what to do. I finally came up with an idea. I tore the bathroom down, rebuilt it on the second floor and added a small laundry room next to it.

The stairs leading up are in the old bathroom's place.

I also expanded Serenity's nursery. Originally, I wasn't going to bother it, but I like my toddlers to have lots of toys and there would be no room for her to move around if I left it alone.

The rest of these pictures are all Serenity. You won't see her anymore for two chapters, so enjoy her!

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
Re: The Aley Legacy: Chapter Sixteen and a half - Some Remodeling, Some Serenity
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2012, 09:49:03 PM »
Serenity is such a cutie! All the cuteness makes up for it being a short chapter! ;D

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Aley Legacy: Chapter Seventeen - Golden Years
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2012, 12:59:20 AM »
Chapter 17: Golden Years

Hello. It's George. Yes, I'm finally telling a chapter. It's not something I longed for, but I'm happy to have the chance.

I can't believe the time that's gone by. It seems like not so long ago, I was just a patrol officer and now, I'm a retired international super spy with a big family like this. My wife, my daughters (yes, I consider Meaghan my daughter; she's part of the family now), my sons, my son-in-law and my granddaughter.

I still remember what my life was like when I was a single young adult, but I will never forget the day I met Chanté. She's come a long way herself. She's not the same shy, anxious woman she was when I first met her. She's more confident and outgoing now and I think she's happier with herself.

I'm proud of my family and myself. I'm also looking forward to spending the rest of my years with Chanté and watching our family become successful.

Kelly is well on her way in the science career track. I'm not too surprised science is her chosen career. She was always ambitious as a child and teenager, wanting to excel at everything she did, so something like science suits her well. Travis, her husband and my son-in-law, just went into business. I guess he finally got tired of part-time work and just needed more. Being a workaholic, he'll be an excellent employee, but I hope he won't forget to make time for fun and relaxation. That's important too.

Skylar and Aaron, my sons, are both interested in logic, but I have no idea what they are considering doing for a living. But they have time, so it's okay. As for Meaghan, she doesn't want a job. She's prefers being at home, helping to care for Serenity, take care of the house and cook, which is fine by all of us. We love her food and she has almost mastered cooking.

So what do Chanté and I do now that we've retired and have virtually no responsibilties besides keeping the bills paid? Relax. We spend as much time as we can with our family and each other.

Some days, we just relax and cuddle.

Other days, we're a little more active. We go swimming or running together.

One day when we were out running together, we found some gems and metals. One turned out to be a valuable sun stone and we had it cut.

Our favorite place to spend time together is the Water Hole Juice Bar. It's not often full, but we like it that way. It's great to have the whole place to ourselves.

When Chanté or I are feeling nostalgic, we go to the gazebo, where Chanté first asked me to be her boyfriend. I can't imagine what my life would've been like if I hadn't met Chanté and I don't want to. To me, I have everything. A wonderful marriage, a gorgeous wife, two lovely daughters, two handsome sons, a successful career and a great house. It will be a sad day when I finally leave, but I will go having lived and a full and happy life. And that's the best way to make an exit.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline dtaymoore

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2012, 01:07:58 AM »
I think this last chapter was the cutest! I hope I get to enjoy being a married Elder like Chanté and George someday :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2012, 07:10:26 PM »
Such a sweet chapter. Great Update!

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Aley Legacy: Chapter Eighteen - Boys Will Be Boys
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2012, 10:29:23 PM »
Aww, thanks! It was interesting to try to write it from another perspective.
------------
Chapter 18: Boys Will Be Boys

What's up, everyone? Aaron here! I get to tell part of the story now! I thought I'd never get a turn!

So, as you all know, I'm Skylar's twin brother. I'm the younger twin, so I guess that makes me the youngest child. But I don't think sibling order matters much when it comes to twins.

The first thing I want to say is I love my family more than anything, but I cannot wait to move out of this house! I don't care how many additions Mom, Dad and my sister Kelly add to this house. There will never be enough space! I'm ready to move now, but it's against the law for teens to move out on their own. What kind of a stupid law is that?

On the other hand, it is kind of nice to a lot of people to teach you things and do stuff for you. Like how Mom and Meaghan gave me and Skylar driving lessons.

Or Meaghan with her awesome cooking. She's a really good cook. I always thought you could only be a great cook if you became a chef, but nope. Apparently, you just have to study hard and she did.

The first thing she did after she mastered the cooking skill was make lobster thermidor. The regular kind and the vegetarian kind (probably for Kelly).

That looks so delicious! I couldn't wait for dinner that night! Sometimes, I think not moving out would be worth it just for Meaghan's food. Don't tell my family I said that though, especially not Kelly! My sister will smack me with a pillow and give me a "Meaghan's not your servant" lecture.

She did it to Skylar once. He made the mistake of asking why Meaghan doesn't work as a maid if she likes being one so much. He didn't mean to sound sexist, but Kelly let him have it! I still say he's lucky she didn't tell Mom and Dad because he would've gotten in bigger trouble. Having your older sister yell at you is nothing compared to two weeks' worth of chores. But he was still mad at her and got some revenge by taking pictures of her while she was having herself a bubble bath.

My brother is crazy sometimes. I don't even see how that's revenge. One, she's in her swimsuit, and two, Kelly's not exactly ugly. If she were still in high school, all the boys would fawn over those pictures.

Speaking of Kelly, I have to say I really admire my sister. When Skylar and I were kids, we thought Kelly was kind of weird, but not so much now. She's a fertilizer analyst, which she's said isn't as fun as it sounds, but I think it sounds cool.

Skylar and I aren't really sure what we want to do after we graduate. We know we want to move out, but we're not sure about careers and all. We like the telescope, but that's more for playing than skill building in our minds. It is nice that we get logic, though.

We sometimes discover interesting things too. I once saw a meteor falling and it crashed right here in Riverview! I quickly went out to find it so I could keep it as my first meteor sight.

Since we only have one telescope, sometimes Skylar or I will use the computer to gain logic until the other is done with the telescope. Chess is fun too.

This is a nice shot of a deer I was lucky enough to snap. It ran right past our house! We've all seen deer before, but never close up like this.

Do you know what mine and Skylar's favorite thing to do is? Smustle dance in our room. We're the best dancers in the whole house!

But we're also romantic. At least, that's what our girlfriends tell us. Skylar and I have actually talked about moving out with our girlfriends and maybe even living under the same roof for a while to save a little money. We haven't mentioned that to Elisabeth and Laura yet, but we might pretty soon. Our birthdays are coming fast.

But for now, we let our girlfriends enjoy the romance! What? They
did say we were romantic.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2012, 08:27:28 AM »
I liked reading from Aaron's perspective. Great update!

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2012, 09:14:38 PM »
Thanks, Sadie! ;D

I'm about to post the next chapter. This one will be a different perspective and a different tone.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Aley Legacy: Chapter Nineteen - So Long, George
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2012, 10:54:52 PM »
Chapter 19: So Long, George

Hi, everyone. It's Kelly here. I'm back to being the storyteller.

I'm so sorry, everyone. This would be a good thing, but...well...no one's in much of a good mood right now. I don't even feel like speaking. I... (her voice trails off)

Travis: Kelly, do you want to me to tell this chapter and you can do the next one?

Yes, please. Thank you, Travis.

(Travis is now the narrator.)

The Aley household isn't feeling too well at the minute. We're all a little depressed because George passed away yesterday.

Yes, George is gone and it really hit us hard. He reached the age of 92. Even Serenity, who's still a toddler, seems to realize her grandpa is gone. She keeps crawling to Chanté and asking when Grandpa is coming back.

Chanté and George were out on a simple date. They had gone to the "All the Rave" Warehouse. They had just entered when George suddenly froze for a second. Then, he floated up and became a pale, translucent white.

The Grim Reaper came seconds later. George pleaded to be allowed to stay, but it was his time. Chanté could only watch in tears.

Chanté was devastated and in shock and returned home. She came in shortly after Kelly had. Kelly asked where George was and Chanté just broke down.

George's grave rests outside our home, next to Myn's.

The rest of these photos are memories of George from Chanté and Kelly. Skylar and Aaron didn't want to post any of theirs. They don't even want to read the chapter. Poor guys.

Kelly and George.

Chanté and George.

Rest in peace, George. We all love and miss you.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2012, 01:19:58 AM »
Touching chapter. R.I.P Geprge! We will all miss him.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2012, 08:48:25 PM »
Very touching. RIP George. You will be missed. I can't really believe he's gone, I know there Sims, but still. You miss them.

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2012, 10:01:02 PM »
The irony is that when George died, I had stopped expecting it. This chapter was originally going to be something else, so when the camera suddenly switched to George, I was surprised because I had genuinely forgotten that he was over his age bar. I was going to just include his death in the chapter I intended, but it didn't seem right, so I split them into two.

And yes, you do miss them. Their family photo doesn't even seem right now.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

anything