Author Topic: Alphabetical Townie Legacy Rules  (Read 7916 times)

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
Alphabetical Townie Legacy Rules
« on: May 07, 2010, 02:24:44 PM »
I've talked about this in another thread, but I think I've finally come up with a formal set of rules!  This is the very first time I've written rules for a challenge so I'd most certainly appreciate suggestions.  You also may have noticed that I've changed the name to better reflect what the challenge is all about.

Goal: To play through 10 Townie families by moving the heir in with the next family in alphabetical order.

To Start: Create a new unaltered neighborhood in either Sunset Valley or Riverview.  Instead of entering Create A Sim, choose Select Household.  Pick the family who's last name is closest to the beginning of the alphabet (in Sunset Valley it will be the Altos, in Riverview the Bagley's).

Step 1:  Once your first family is selected your initial goal will be to complete one family member's LTW.  The first Sim to complete this goal will become the Founder. 

Step 2:  As soon as the LTW is complete, enter Edit Town mode.  You may not alter anything about the neighborhood, but you need to see ALL the current families and determine which family name is next in alphabetical order.  Your next family may quite possibly be someone your Sim has not met yet.

Step 3:  Once you know which family is next you must either form a friendship or romantic relationship with one of the members of that family and then move the Founder in with them.  Keep in mind that the only items you will be able to take with you are ones that can be carried within the personal inventory of the Founder, everything else will be left behind with the remaining members of your original family.  The only exception to this will be if you are the only surviving family member. 

Step 4:  Once you are moved into your new home your goal will be to produce an heir and complete the LTW of either your heir or any of your new family members.  You can add an heir either through woohoo or adoption.  You may choose whichever traits or LTW's you like for those born or adopted into the family.

Step 5:   In order to move into the next house you must have completed the LTW of any family member and the heir must have aged up to Young Adult.  If you are able to complete more than one LTW before the heir ages to Young Adult then KUDOS, you get a well deserved bonus point!

The End:  Your Founder counts as the first generation, once the 10th generation is born the Legacy is complete!

Limitations:
- No cheats of any kind are allowed, and the Moodlet Manager is banned.
- You may not change the traits or LTW's of ANY sims. 
- All sims must die of natural causes.  Do you really think it would be ok to marry into a family and then kill off your wife's grandmother?
- You may not "seed" the neighborhood with pre-made Sims, the whole point is to take what the game gives you and make the best of it.
- You may remodel and redecorate the interior of the homes, the exterior must remain as is.  Sure, it's a bit of a challenge to live in the Broke compound, but again, that's the whole point. 
- If you run into the situation where you've gotten to a family that begins with the letter C, and a new family moves into the neighborhood that begins with A, you don't have to go back and include that family in your Legacy.  Just keep moving forward in alphabetical order.

Points:  You get 1 point for each completed LTW.  Easy peasy!

I think that's about it!  Any questions?  Whattya think?? :)

Offline LaB

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Alphabetical Townie Legacy Rules
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 02:31:23 PM »
Sounds interesting. Few questions, is it first or last name alphabetical? And what about the cheats? as in money and mood staying the same.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 02:42:48 PM »
I really like it Aria.  It will add variety and depth to go through and play with Townies to those people that don't usually play with them, me included :) .  I am going to try this sometime soon.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 03:36:04 PM »
Well done, AriaGirl. I have one suggestion though...

To Start: Create a new unaltered neighborhood in either Sunset Valley or Riverview.  Instead of entering Create A Sim, choose Select Household.  Pick the family who's name is closest to the beginning of the alphabet.

I don't know what the starting family would be for Riverview, but for Sunset Valley everyone would begin with the Alto house. So, my suggestion is to find out the answer for Riverview and then supply the answers for your participants.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 04:02:45 PM »
I believe that would be the Bagley family.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 04:27:05 PM »
Sorry, got tied up with the kids for a few hours there. :)

Yes, the starting family in Riverview will be the Bagley's.  I'll add that to the rules.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 04:32:23 PM »
Sounds interesting. Few questions, is it first or last name alphabetical? And what about the cheats? as in money and mood staying the same.

It's by last name.  No cheats are allowed, and the moodlet manager is banned.  I added those to the rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 04:35:52 PM »
I have a test family, and they're currently only into the third house.  It's certainly MUCH more challenging than a normal Legacy because you end up with some Sims that have no hope of ever completing their LTW.  When you enter a house with elders who are 89 days old and want to be a Rock Star, but they're currently working at the bookstore... yeah, that's just not gonna happen!  So then the challenge becomes about bonus points, and how many can you actually get before the heir ages to young adult.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 05:02:18 PM »
The more I think about this the more I like it. I just may have to create an official Tournament Legacy and use this as a model. My only concern is how someone is going to do 10 generations in only 10 weeks (the length of all challenges). I'll think about it. No promises, but it's a really interesting idea.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 05:15:49 PM »
The more I think about this the more I like it. I just may have to create an official Tournament Legacy and use this as a model. My only concern is how someone is going to do 10 generations in only 10 weeks (the length of all challenges). I'll think about it. No promises, but it's a really interesting idea.

Yeah, you could always shorten it by reducing the number of generations to 5 or something.  Call it an Alphabetical Townie Legacy Sprint or something.  My isn't that a mouthful! lol

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 05:55:33 PM »

You could possibly make it a race to see what letter of the alphabet each participant can get to in the 100 day challenge.  Whoever got furthest in the alphabet would be in the top spot?  Just an idea that popped into my head.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 05:59:17 PM »
Not a bad idea, wild. I don't really want to hijack Aria's thread and flesh this out here. I may bring it up in Proposed Challenges.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 06:08:30 PM »
*waits for Tom to take this idea to the proposed challenges thread*  Meanwhile at the batcave, wild starts a test run.........

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 07:25:05 PM »
*waits for Tom to take this idea to the proposed challenges thread*  Meanwhile at the batcave, wild starts a test run.........

lol!  You're too funny!

I think it should be a super fun alternative to the regular Legacy rules, lots of moving and therefore more variety.

But I'm thinking that in order for it to be a "race" in 100 days you'd have to just count families rather than letters.  Because there are often more than one family that begins with the letter B for example.  And my thought was that you'd just play whatever came next in alphabetical order, not necessarily that you'd just play an A family and then a B family, and then C, etc.  Maybe that's confusing and not making any sense!  For example, in my test run in Riverview I started with the Bagley's, and then Breckinridge, and then Broke. 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 07:29:32 PM »
I like it.  Great idea about playing all the townies for a change. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."