Author Topic: Photography?  (Read 4056 times)

icwgal

Photography?
« on: February 04, 2012, 02:24:48 AM »
Is this just a bug? My Sim wants to join the photographer career or something, but I don't have World Adventures. I have: Ambitions, Pets, and Generations. I thought that photography was only for World Adventures. Can anyone tell me why this is happening, and if you can do this without World Adventures, how?

Thanks(:

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
Re: Photography?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 04:10:31 AM »
Photography career? There is no such thing. Are you sure you don't mean that they want to learn the photography skill instead? There is a photography skill but it only comes with World Adventures and no you cannot learn photography without WA installed.  I'm not sure why your Sim is getting a photography related wish but it's probably due to a patch with WA stuff in it. (If that makes sense). I don't think it's a bug although I'm not sure, sorry if this is not much help. xD

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 05:10:53 AM »
I understood it is a wish to register as selfemployed photographer - which is possible with both WA and AMB - without WA you can't have camera and therefor no way to learn the skill and register as such. It is most likely a bug similar to when Sims started to get wishes for LN stuff after LN patch (I remember that one, probably with other patches  that followed other EP's similar things happen)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 05:14:13 AM »
Photography career? There is no such thing.

Actually, there is a photography career of sorts.  With Ambitions, you get the ability to engage in certain skills professionally.  Photography is one of those skills.  I've had many professional photographers.

The most likely explanation is that the wish your Sim got came with the Ambitions patch.  In fact, I'd bet on it.  A lot of things like this get fixed or added after the release of the expansion, giving it to pretty much everyone.  I've had Sims get wishes to buy hot tubs before I installed Late Night (long before Outdoor Living Stuff, too).  It's not a bug...it's just sort of how things work.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 05:36:04 AM »
Actually, there is a photography career of sorts.  With Ambitions, you get the ability to engage in certain skills professionally.  Photography is one of those skills.  I've had many professional photographers.

I forgot that you could register as a self employed photographer, my bad. But seeing as cameras only come with WA, you would have to have that installed I'm afraid. As everyone has been saying, your Sim's wish is most likely due to a patch.