Author Topic: Ghostly Presence job glitch  (Read 15394 times)

Offline Catarra Nightshade

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
Ghostly Presence job glitch
« on: September 10, 2012, 07:11:44 PM »
I'm playing a ghosthunter, and every time she gets the Ghostly Presence job, she manages to find the ghosts, but the ghosts never show up. They are invisible. She can't evict them if I can't see them, and she is unable to complete the job. I have all the expansions, including supernatural. I haven't had this problem before. I am playing in Moonlight Falls. Is this a glitch that came with Supernatural? Has anyone else encountered this glitch? Any suggestions on how to fix it? I haven't had the opportunity to see what happens on an Angry Ghost Invasion job yet. And as for the regular ghosts, she's had one on her property which I saw just fine, and I've seen ghosts around town. It is just while she is on the job that there is a problem.

Offline eisande

• Proud Player
  • Townie
  • Reader, Writer, Gamer
Re: Ghostly Presence job glitch
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 03:05:16 AM »
I haven't played the Ghosthunter profession since Supernatural but I have heard that this is a glitch others are experiencing. Take comfort in knowing you're not alone.
- Eisande

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dijad

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 03:15:57 AM »
Yep, confirming this glitch. This was my first go at Ghost Hunter, and it was rather frustrating when nothing appeared after tromping aroung someones house looking for ghosts and it tells you you've found them. Also, Angry Invasions despawn as soon as your sim activates your command to go deal with them, whole thing dissappears. Don't even know what one looks like. Hope a patch comes out for this real quick.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
Ghostly Presence job glitch
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 04:26:25 AM »
I'm playing a ghost hunter for the moment and I have the same bug. I can scan for the ghosts but they never show up. I suspect it's related to Supernatural - which I have installed- or the last patch.
I have no idea on how to solve this since it happens in my file for the new Life State Dynasty, where mods are banned. Yet, it's annoying but it's still very possible to reach the top of the career only with the other types of jobs.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline Dijad

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 07:09:43 PM »
Wondering if anyone knows how long it usually takes for this kind of thing to be patched, as i've realised just how much money i'm losing due to this glitch. For example, for 3 nights in a row, ive had three jobs a night, all angry invasions or ghostly presence, which, at my career level and lifetime rewards, means about 1600 a job. That's $14,400 I've been shorted. Also, I'd posit that the most profitable spirits come from these missions, so that even more money lost. Any idea on how long till this would take to be patched would be appreciated, as I'm starting to think Ghost Hunter is one of the most lucrative careers without this glitch.

Offline crowgrrrl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 08:16:46 PM »
To my knowledge this bug has been around for awhile, even before Supernatural. I have played lots of Ghost Hunters in the past and I just ended up not ever doing the Ghostly Presence with any of them because they ALWAYS glitched out on me.

@Dijad, when you do the Angry Ghost Invasion do you see anything at all? Or does the whole job disappear when you click to travel to it? Or do you mean when you are actually on the lot?

Regards,
Sarah

Offline Dijad

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 09:17:06 PM »
The whole job dissapears as soon as the sim tries to do it. Never see a thing at the site when I do a look over.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dijad

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 08:45:04 PM »
Okay, I looked on the Sim's Forum, and yes, people are kicking and screaming about this over there too. Apparently this has been an issue since patch 1.38. Someone said they posted about it on a bug thread and  were told it was forwarded to engineering about the 13th, so they know about it and will hopefully fix it soon. Ghost Hunter has been the most fun for me as a career (hey, you get to HUNT) and it looks to be pretty darn lucrative when its working right.

Offline crowgrrrl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 10:49:48 PM »
Hmm well at least we can hope it will be fixed eventually, the sooner the better of course lol.  :) I had a lot of fun with the Ghost Hunter and will eventually play one again. Glad you are having fun despite the bugs. Yeah you can make some excellent money in the long run and you can even hunt ghosties on vacation.  :D

Regards,
Sarah

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 05:44:09 AM »
I was hoping I would have just been doing it wrong but it sounds like I have this Glitch now. To make it worse, in my Life States Dynasty so that's irritating. Doubt there's been any change but has anyone found a work around?

EDIT: I did the global reset and sent Rabbit back to the house with the Ghosts and there are now some Spirits she can banish. The Job itself vanished but at least you can catch something.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]