Author Topic: Fire and Bloodstone: A Witch Tale (update)  (Read 2550 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Fire and Bloodstone: A Witch Tale (update)
« on: October 16, 2012, 02:36:32 PM »
Fire and Bloodstone:  A Witch Tale

My name is Anastasia.  First, I never really considered myself a witch.  I was born and raised in a small town. My mother and I lived with my grandmother, great grandmother and an aunt.  When I was ten, my mom left and no one heard anything from her since, so those three wise women raised me.  I was never interested in all of the hocus pocus stuff they were always doing.  I would catch them in a circle in the back yard saying all sorts of strange words.  Oh, they tried to teach me, but I just wasn't buying into it, even at a young age.  I loved to write and had quite a few journals by the time I was fifteen.  When I was 18, I said my goodbyes and moved to the big city to find a job writiing.  (when my aunty hugged me goodbye, she whispered, "you will be back my sweet" .) My family had given me some money to live on for a while, so I found a small apartment by a big park.  After a couple of months, I landed a job writing for a small newspaper.  I wrote a few good articles and they were impressed.  They finally sent me to cover a couple of stories and they turned out rather well.  The paper was a short walking distance from my apartment, so I didn't really need a car.  The diner next to the newspaper, got so use to seeing me in there, I sometimes got free lunches, so I stashed alot of my money and had a decent amount saved.

I started having vivid dreams, which was strange, because I never really had too many dreams.  They seemed so real and some were kind of scary.  They were almost like dreams of the future or what could be, I couldn't really seem to get a grip on them.

It was my 21st birthday and when I got home from work, there was a large package on my doorstep.  It was from my family.  I opened it and did a double take.  It was the family book, that had been handed down through the generations. I had heard about this book, but never thought it existed.  It was so heavy, I could hardly lift it.  The note read, "Our sweet child, you have been given the sacred book. Please use it wisely, as it has all of the answers you seek.  Please read this book everyday and understand, this is your heritage, whether you believe or not.  It will protect you and keep you safe.  One last thing you must know, if you ever see a spider, it is a warning.  It means that you have had an uninvited guest and to proceed with caution.  Happy Birthday my dear."  Well I didn't see this coming.  How can I be a witch, I don't ride brooms and I have never owned a pointy hat.  There was another package from my cousin.  She owned a small bar in Moonlight Falls, called Black Opal.  She was not happy when I moved, we had played together since childhood.  She sent me a necklace and it sparkled in the light.  It was really pretty, she wrote "Hey cous, hope you like the necklace. It is a bloodstone and will keep you from harm, just saying, haha.  Please come home soon."  What is with all of this protection stuff.

It was Friday and I really wanted to do some writing, but I kept hearing strange noises coming from the apartment upstairs,  almost sounded like someone was crying. It was really starting to get on my nerves.  Then I heard footsteps running across the floor and a door slammed.  I stepped out into the hall to see if I could see someone and then it hit me, something hard on the back of my head and I was out..................

Next update, will have pics.

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Fire and Bloodstone: A Witch Tale
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 02:52:57 PM »
What a suspenseful beginning!  I actually think the lack of pictures increases the suspense.  Can't wait to see the next update, please don't keep us waiting too long.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Louise56

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 05:37:58 PM »
I'm so excited to see a story from you! ;D
I love the beginning, I can't wait to meet your sim.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 06:22:56 PM »
Oh, goody! First a new Schipperke tale, and now a story from Saltypaws! This is very suspenseful. I wonder what that book means...

(PS: I love Anatasia's name.  ;D)

Offline sharpsiren

• Townie
Fire and Bloodstone: A Witch Tale
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 08:09:42 PM »
I have to echo what everyone else has said: great to see a story from you, and very suspenseful! Will be eagerly waiting for more.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 08:49:48 PM »
I dreamed that I was laying on my auntie's couch and they were all staring at me.  Oh, wait, this is not a dream,what the heck.

I sat up and I was very confused, what was I doing here and how in the world did I get here and how long have I been here?  I really needed to know these things before I lost my mind.

They started explaining and my head was still in a knot.  I guess after I was knocked out, my auntie got a phone call, caller unknown, and said I was in trouble.  They came right away, packed my stuff and brought me back here.  I was asleep for three days, probably with a little help from potions, no less.  I can't believe I lost three days and who hit me and why.  I had never done anything to anyone and I must go back and find out what happened.  My auntie said, no way, I was not going anywhere, at least not now.  They all finally went about their business and this house keeps getting creepier every time I come here.  First, I watch my two grandmas have a spellcasting duel, good grief.  I took my little wand out that my auntie gave me,  just for fun and all I got was dust.

Then my grandmother has an antique dresser that doubles for some sort of portal.  She said I needed to try it sometime, but no thanks, I will pass.

The rest of the day was a blur and all I wanted to do was sleep.  I was right, they had given me a sleep potion that put me in a deep sleep.  The next morning, Bianca wanted me to read some of the spell book.  I really didn't want to and I was still having a hard time wrapping my head around all of this hocus pocus. I guess I do believe, but maybe I don't want any part of it, but, as my grammy says, it is my heritage and really need to believe.

I finally felt better the next day and wanted to go see my cousin.  She was so excited to see me.

She told me not to stay too long, that it was a full moon.  I said, so, I have been around here when there was a full moon.  She told me, "you have been gone now for three years.  Moonlight Falls is not what it use to be.  It has strange things that come out on full moon."  I thought, oh my gosh, this just keeps getting more weird by the hour and now my cousin believes in things that go bump in the night.  All of a sudden, she pushed me out the door and told me to go straight home and get in the house.  Just as I was leaving, a terrible cry came from the bar........

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Fire and Bloodstone: A Witch Tale (update)
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 09:23:28 PM »

Before I continue, let me tell you a little about my families background.  You see, my family heritage is the Crumplebottoms.  My grandma, great-grandma and auntie are Crumplebottom sisters.  In their own right, I suppose, they are witches.  From the stories that I was told, decades ago, a woman with the last name Crumplebottom, lived in Sunset Valley.  She was to be married and on the eve of her wedding, her fiance', Eric Darling drowned.  Agnes was so devastated, she remained in the same house for years, alone.  The nursery was never finished and finally, it just seemed she vanished.  She had a sister, that lived on the other side of the town.  Cornelia married a rich man, Gunther Goth.  His family was buried on the property and stories have it, they came out every night and terrorized the town.  Cornelia and Gunther, after many years together, had grown to dislike each other, but Cornelia didn't have the strength or the finances to move.  After the Goths had been gone awhile, the town finally could breath a sigh of relief.  I am not quite sure how things went after that.  I know, when I was little, my mom and I would go to the beach and stay all day.  I loved the water and how the sand felt between my toes.  My mom would take this big book with her and sit and read while I played.  She would get this stick out and wave it around and say strange things.  One time, I remember she had an apple and she turned it into a fish bowl.  I thought that was really neat, but as a kid, of course it was fun.  As the years went on, mom didn't seem to be home as much and if she was, she was in the attic.  My auntie kind of took me under her wing and tell me stories and we would have long talks.  My cousin would come and stay every summer and we would always find ways to stay in trouble.  After mom left, I stayed with my auntie up until I left and the rest is history.  Moolight Falls is a strange and mystical place, but now it is even more strange.  Most of the people I knew growing up, is gone now and new families have moved here.  So, for now, that is all I can tell you.  You will just have to read the rest of my story to see what happens next.  Hmmm, things that go bump in the night....I am finding out that this is just not an old saying......and now I know what book my mom had, because that is the same book my auntie gave to me.  How strange.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Louise56

Re: Fire and Bloodstone: A Witch Tale (update)
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 05:00:09 AM »
I love the back story! I wonder who was in the bar, perhaps a werewolf? Awesome story! ;D