Author Topic: Cannot install shared Households.  (Read 1688 times)

MadJack

Cannot install shared Households.
« on: October 22, 2011, 01:12:16 PM »
So the situation is.

I recently reinstalled Sims 3 in preperation for pets.  Before doing so I shared my household in two files, one with the sims, the other with both.

I cannot install these files.

Upon opening them in the Launcher, they apparently run through the installation process in the Downloads folder without issue.  Checking the installed content afterwards confirms this.  Yet in game they are nowhere to be seen.  Furthermore when the game is shut down and the launcher reopened, the household has removed itself from the installed content and reappeared 'uninstalled' in the downloads folder.  As if I never touched it.

Further testing revealed that if I ran through the apparent fake install, then tried to uninstall from the installed content, there would be an error stating the package could not be found.  Also, I have tried other households from friend who has the game, they behave exactly the same.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Cheers.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
Re: Cannot install shared Households.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 09:13:55 PM »
I have had this problem too.  The only thing I can think of, in my case, is that I must have included some store content in the house and maybe on the sims as well.  It is very annoying.  The only thing you can do really, as far as I can see, is to try to rescue the family from an old save.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

MadJack

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 08:22:13 AM »
Every account I have read on the subject states that objects in the household you may not have should be automatically replaced upon installation.  Even so, there should not be.

MadJack

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 09:36:34 AM »
Just tried using Delphi to extract the packages from the sims3pack files and placed them in the mods/packages folder, no joy.

anything