Author Topic: Custom clothing & name in game memory for townies  (Read 2206 times)

jcalandra

Custom clothing & name in game memory for townies
« on: August 30, 2011, 02:25:24 AM »

If you create names for Sims will the names be added to the game for future townies?  This is my conjecture...

I noticed a townie called Rashida Barksdale in my game, and am certain the game did not come with the name "Barksdale."  This is VERY curious because the only other instance of "Barksdale" that I've ever experienced in TS3 was when I created a Sim with the surname of Barksdale.

Another bonus for plausibility is the fact that I've seen Townies wear the custom colored outfits that I've saved.  That The Sims 3 may have a user memory system is interesting to me, but am I just jumping to conclusions?  Thoughts please...

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: Custom clothing & name in game memory for townies
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 02:42:56 AM »
Welcome to the forum, jcalandra  :). Yes, townies will wear recolours of clothing that you've saved. They'll also wear any store content or CC that you've added to your game. As for the names, a few of us have wondered about whether the game "remembers" names given to Sims, but we haven't found a way to tell for sure. As far as I know, it's still a valid theory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
Re: Custom clothing & name in game memory for townies
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 03:19:33 AM »
Welcome jcalandra
They not only wear the custom clothing; but also the custom hairdos. I have male sims running around with women's hairdos.