Author Topic: Eight Avoided Graves (The Fifth Grave Dynasty): A Painful Decision/Graveyard  (Read 17398 times)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Eight Avoided Graves (The Fifth Grave Dynasty): The Kids (11/27)
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2012, 09:32:17 PM »
I prefer to leave them as is. Personal preference. Even Felix kept his semi-awful traits because he's Felix.

I have a feeling that future-Grave-wife will be more like her mum, who has a fine selection of traits. But she and Ozzy will probably have little in common unless a miracle happens.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Eight Avoided Graves (The Fifth Grave Dynasty): The Kids Pt. 2 (12/2)
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2012, 01:12:11 AM »
Mum told me that she grew up in a house full of bored elders, and that she was so happy to see that I had a housemate who was sort of my age.

He was Peter Racket, an artist with a heart of gold. That's all I thought of him when I was a child. Peter was my best friend since I could speak.

Mum also said that she never left Twinbrook as a child, and she was determined to change that for me. I was seven when she dragged the whole family sans Felix to Shang Simla so we could all get some work done.

As for Felix, he and his girlfriend had different matters to attend to.

Anyways, mum and aunt Gwen practiced martial arts and didn't really do much else for the whole trip. Grandpa and dad didn't do much at first.

Though grandpa was very comfortable in his immortality. Strutting around in his pajamas playing Gnubb, or insulting Peter while still in his pajamas. Eww, grandpa, no. Just no.

Me? I painted with Peter, or by myself. I spent days just painting and listening to photography tabcats while painting and hardly sleeping. Mum said that mastering the arts would make for a great life-long goal. I agreed with her, partly.

I ended up finishing that life-long goal with that painting, when I was seven and vacationing in China.

I wanted to say that the rest of the vacation was fun with Peter, playing tag in the streets of Shang Simla. Well, a lot of it was. It was far more pleasant than what happened at home while we were gone.

Mum was quite busy over the vacation. She set plenty of goals for herself. Sparring with aunt Gwen. Meditating in the garden. Breaking stones. Working off her baby fat. Dad, however, was insanely bored. As was aunt Gwen once she and mum were done sparring. I heard about Gwen's situation; she was widowed and a bit of a hopeless romantic. I don't think anyone disapproved of her trying to find romance.

However, that woman was looking in the wrong place. Dad, how could you? He said it was all Gwen's idea. He said that there was absolutely no way that he'd willingly cheat on mum. But the slight smile on his face was apparent from across the room.

Dad, how could you so royally mess up?

And somehow, mum forgave him. Maybe he apologized profusely, but within a day they were back together in the hot tub.

I loved mum, but how could she be stupid to go back to him? Even angry Felix sounded so much better than that cheating scum. That's what I used to think. I hated dad from that moment on, and never had a chance to forgive him.

With nothing left to do, I just had fun until I was a teenager. Mum had different plans for herself.

I played gnubb with Peter at the summer festival.

And mum worked.

I went rollerskating at the summer festival with Peter.

And mum worked.

I took silly photos with Peter (pretty good composition for a photobooth, by the way).

And mum got promoted again, and refused to stop working.

I played tag with uncle Felix.

And mum got a gig, and still worked until she was close to the top.

Faced with my 14th birthday, I had no idea what would unfold after that.

---

(Thomas and Gwen was entirely autonomous. Like, I turned my back for five seconds and they were smooching in the bedroom. During my fourth attempt, Lolly was a Grave housemate and she had a thing for older, married men as well. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Yeah, more fluff with Ozzy and Peter. This is probably the only time a Grave will have a childhood friendship like this, and I never properly enjoy my sim-children and their friends.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Louise56

« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2012, 10:28:12 AM »
What was Thomas thinking? Sims can be sneaky lol. :P

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2012, 10:21:28 PM »
Man, your Sims, Trip! They are not well-behaved! Peter and Ozzy are cute though. I like Ozzy's Never-Never Land look.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2012, 10:28:03 PM »
When I saw those clothes and that hair in CAS, all I could think is "well, I got Ozzy's wardrobe all done!"

I'm utterly shocked that the most well-behaved member of the family is Felix. Besides his occasional shouting-match with Journeyman, he's a mild-mannered family man with an eternally faithful moodlet.

I'm currently at a weird spot in my file and trying to fix it the best I can. It's up to the higher-ups whether it's game over for me or not. D:

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2012, 10:37:17 PM »
Oh no Trip! I just caught up on the issues you are facing and I'm so sorry that happened to you! I know the frustration of restarting over and over, I believe I am on try 25 or so now of the Immortal Dynasty (not exaggerating) and it is heartbreaking sometimes. Having an Immortal makes it even harder :( Good luck!

By samoht04

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2012, 10:43:59 PM »
It is painful, for sure. I hope there is some secret way to fix Bobby, or just save my dynasty at this point. Journeyman's gotten too far to fail this time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Louise56

« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2012, 02:59:51 AM »
I hope you get a solution for the Bobby issue. He really is a trouble maker that one!

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2012, 09:22:03 AM »
Thankfully, I got the okay to return to a previous save, and very little progress was lost (like, this save was from mere sim-hours before I sent Journeyman out to the Sargeant house). As cool as it would have been to have Bobby's face-consuming cheekbones passed on, I'm just going to avoid him this time around. He might be permanently bugged and I'm not risking it again. Thankfully, I have several other eligible men still around to fill in Twinbrook's pitiful birth rates the void left in the household.

And praise the watchers, Ozzy has a whole slew of girls to choose from when it comes to spouse hunting! They're all Felix's daughters, but he had a lot of daughters.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2012, 09:49:38 AM »
Hurray! So glad you can continue!

By samoht04

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2012, 10:01:56 AM »
I love Peter so much <3   So horrible of Thomas, I wouldn't forgive my dad if he did that either!

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2012, 10:17:48 AM »
Ozzy eventually got the wish to become best friends with Thomas. I kind of felt bad for Thomas, because everyone hated him after that. Except for Willow. After returning home, they got eternally faithful moodlets, of all things!

Peter's great. He's definitely one of the most well-behaved sims that have ever lived with the Graves.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

After trying again with another vampire, I'm convinced that vampires are mildly broken in my file. They get stuck when I try to cure them, and then I reset the vampire in question (I tried with Sinbad this time) and try again and it seems to work but they're still really bugged and are stuck halfway between lifestates.

Is it dynasty ending by the rules that Metro put out? Well, no. I didn't move in Sinbad, and I could easily carry on and just find a different set of spouses for my Graves that might not be descended from original townies. Is it dynasty ending by my own personal parameters? Yep. I'd have to re-tool my entire plan and settle for less when it comes to my goal of cramming half the town into the Grave family tree. And honestly, I'd rather start over than see that dream slip away.

It is excruciatingly painful to see my plans fall apart with Journeyman firmly immortal and Willow just inches away from it. However, I'm too stubborn to let my most ambitious goal go by the wayside.

They'll be back.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
I understand. These kind of decisions are hard to make but you have to do what will suit you.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Dynasties and especially dynasty stories are all about what the player wants.  It's a tough decision to be sure and I'm sorry to see Journeyman have to start over once more.  I wish you the best of luck and if you need any help, just let me know.  As long as you are having fun, that's all that matters. 

I'm going to go ahead and move your thread to the graveyard board.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'