Author Topic: Possible bug with the zero degree Kelvin fridge  (Read 3159 times)

Offline folcon

• Immortal
Possible bug with the zero degree Kelvin fridge
« on: August 17, 2011, 12:22:18 AM »
I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not, but just the other day, my Sim reached the top of the Culinary career and got the Zero Degree Kelvin Fridge.  I know it comes with a moodlet, but does that moodlet come from eating food from the fridge, or just being in the same room?  Because though it has a 3hr time on it, once that time ticks down to zero, it resets to 3hrs.  And this only happens when he is in the same room as the fridge, when he goes to bed, the moodlet goes away after the 3hrs.  But when he wakes up and comes back out into the living room/kitchen, it pops up again without him even eating from the fridge.  So, is this a bug, or is it suppose to be like that?

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re: Possible bug with the zero degree Kelvin fridge
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 12:52:24 AM »
The moodlet is from the fridge (Superior Equipment) so you get for being in the same room. 
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 03:50:39 AM »
Alright, thanks.  Just wanted to make sure.  Almost makes me want to have future generations go through the culinary carrier so I can put one in every room.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 04:30:36 AM »
Alright, thanks.  Just wanted to make sure.  Almost makes me want to have future generations go through the culinary carrier so I can put one in every room.

If you're not against using cheats and/or it is not a challenge that forbids their use, there is a little exploit. Turn on testing cheats (testingcheatsenabled true), type in buydebug, select the eyedropper tool, click the original fridge. The last time I tested, this worked and a new fridge appeared. I believe you can do it (copy the fridge) as many times as you wish. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Sportsfan

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 10:31:57 AM »
Can you do that without cheats? Or is buydebug necessary?

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 11:27:09 AM »
Can you do that without cheats? Or is buydebug necessary?

buydebug is necessary
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

anything