Author Topic: What is the physical/CAS difference between a young adult Sim and an adult Sim?  (Read 6459 times)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
Sorry if this sounds like a frivolous question. What I want to know is there really a physical difference between a young adult Sim and an Adult Sim. CAS wise, I have looked for some cute items at the Sim store, for my Sims and some of the items say Adult, others say Young Adult. Are adults slightly taller/bigger than young adults? Does EA have to mesh their clothing items differently to fit an adult body rather than a teen body? Is there really a physical difference between a young adult Sim and an adult Sim? Because I really don't see the difference between the two, and half the time, when I play a premade townie, I think they're young adults, until I look at their age bar, and see they're really adults.

Again, sorry if it sound like a frivolous question, I just hear a lot of talk between adults and young adults, and I don't really see the relevant difference between the two.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
The only difference I can tell is when you zoom in on Adults, they have small wrinkles around their eyes and mouths where YA's don't. I've never noticed a difference in height so I'm 95% sure there's no difference there. I think EA might list them separately because it's easier to do that than list one item as available in both YA and Adult.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
The only changes on an Adult are that they do have a tiny bit of age detail (Like Wrinkles), they often look a bit more weathered, if that's a good way to put it. Apparently they also get a few Grey Hairs that their Hair Colour doesn't hide but I don't recall noticing that ever. As far as the Store is concerned what you buy for an Adult is also available for a Young Adult, I think they just say Adult if they think it might be more for the Maturer Sim than a younger Sim. A Teen and Adult body are different but I think you meant Young Adult? There is no Physical Difference between a YA and an A.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

anything