Author Topic: Bookshelf Max Capacity?  (Read 8433 times)

purplepanther101

Bookshelf Max Capacity?
« on: December 13, 2010, 08:34:54 PM »
I just read in Carl's new Buymode guide, under "Study", that bookshelves can only hold a certain number of books. Is this a new addition in Ambitions, or is the capacity really high or what? Because I've gone for a few generations, storing every single book from the store, foreign locations, job opportunities, time traveling, etc., in the cheapest bookshelf, and I've never had any troubles. ???

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Bookshelf Max Capacity?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 08:43:07 PM »
I've never reached a max capacity in a bookshelf either.  I'll ask Carl to come have a look.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 09:07:00 PM »
The only time I have reached max capacity was when I was consolidating all the books from about 10 book cases into 1 book case (moved a family from a large mansion to a small 2-bedroom house and they took all their books with them.)
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

purplepanther101

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 10:22:59 PM »
thanks Pam, appreciate it :)

tj, do you remember how many books you ended up fitting in? or which bookcase it was?

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 07:32:45 AM »
thanks Pam, appreciate it :)

tj, do you remember how many books you ended up fitting in? or which bookcase it was?

I don't remember off hand, but I still have the save file so I will load it up shortly and see how many and let you know.

Edit, hmm well when I pulled them up the bookcases were still letting me put books in.  But my memory is telling me they were full and therefore I had to add to another bookcase.  So, unfortunately I can't confirm there is a limit to them from experience.  Sorry. :-\
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline IloveLlamas

• Llama Wrangler
  • Llamas spit on me once.
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 07:04:54 AM »
well I'm not sure exactly how because Iv'e never filled it however, it can store a huge amount of books!

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 05:32:02 PM »
I can confirm that bookshelves have no limit on books. I had one huge bookshelf in my first attempt at a Legacy (September 2009 - March 2010), and whole eight generations of Sims along with their relatives stored every kinds of books in that huge bookshelf. I almost started wondering how it managed to hold so many books. But it did manage.

I know I have just resurrected a really old topic, but that's because I just checked and this hasn't been changed in the guide since.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 05:51:29 PM »
But there is a limit with mine! ??? My bookshelves can only hold about twenty and some can only hold ten! :-/

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 05:53:18 PM »
But there is a limit with mine! ??? My bookshelves can only hold about twenty and some can only hold ten! :-/

That's really bizarre then! Because I clearly remember that that bookshelf managed to hold at least about 200 books (it was the most expensive one from base game).
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Sportsfan

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 06:22:12 PM »
I had the same thing. Actually, I could put in as many as I wanted but when I opened up the bookcase there was only like 10 books to take out.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 06:26:10 PM »
I dragged them to the bookshelf, but after so many the little red circle with a line through it (the prohibited sign) would appear and not let any more go in. Also, no matter if I put ten or more and no matter the bookshelf, ten books always appear when I select the 'read...' option. I've just learnt to place different bookselves around the house, ones for skilling, cookbooks, stories, etc.

Sportsfan

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 06:27:51 PM »
I dragged them to the bookshelf, but after so many the little red circle with a line through it (the prohibited sign) would appear and not let any more go in. Also, no matter if I put ten or more and no matter the bookshelf, ten books always appear when I select the 'read...' option. I've just learnt to place different bookselves around the house, ones for skilling, cookbooks, stories, etc.
I had the same thing where I could choose between 10 books to read. Are the other books still in the bookshelf then?

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 06:35:08 PM »
Maybe test it out by having sims take out some books and not put them back and see if new books appear in the list? I'm in bed now so I can't but I will tomorrow if no one has by then. :)

Sportsfan

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 06:39:44 PM »
Maybe test it out by having sims take out some books and not put them back and see if new books appear in the list? I'm in bed now so I can't but I will tomorrow if no one has by then. :)
I'll try it tomorrow if nobody's done it already but my tomorrow is a lot later for me than you.

anything