Author Topic: From flirty to okay?  (Read 21229 times)

Offline jestina

• Occult
From flirty to okay?
« on: July 18, 2010, 05:40:32 AM »
This is a new one for me. My sim's romantic action won't roll to the next level from flirty to alluring. It will for just a brief moment flash to alluring but then goes to okay as if they are doing normal interactions. I've tried resetting the sims and restarting the game....nothing fixes it. Not using any mods and my sims traits are nothing unusual...charismatic, genius, bookworm, ambitious, and friendly.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: From flirty to okay?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 05:59:11 AM »
How are their moods and needs?  Are they low on anything or have any negative moodlets?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LaB

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 06:06:23 AM »
Mines done that before. Just keep clicking on compliment personality, flirt, etc. until the bar is really high. If you have the hopeless romantic trait (I think that's what it's called), sometimes it goes from the romantic section and into your specials.

Offline jestina

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 08:57:42 AM »
Moods are great and no romantic traits. Keeps doing the same thing. I've tried doing it at other venues, with other sims, etc. I get the same thing...once it gets to the point of changing from flirty to alluring, it will change to okay(alluring will flash for a quick moment before it changes to okay).

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 09:00:43 AM »
Funny thing is, if the two sims are not attracted to each other, then sometimes, no matter what you do, they will not get past a certain point.  I did the same thing, I made two sims for each other and I could not even get them to kiss or anything.  I tried out another sim and it was love at first site and had no problem with the next sim.  I think they have a mind of their own sometimes and if they don't want to be with someone, they won't. lol
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 09:03:17 AM »
That answered my question about other sims, guess we submitting at the same time.  If you have tried it on other sims and it keeps happening, not sure then.  Hopefully if you keep trying, something will happen.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline simfulicious

• Immortal
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 09:06:48 AM »
This has happened to me a couple times, and the only thing I can figure out is that for me it happened when I had just finished re-decorating their houses.  Since then, in new game files, I have just returned on another day to start the romancing and I've been fine.  This, however, did not work for me if I flirted right after a renovation, and then returned the next day.  The flirting could not be associated with a job.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Castastic

• Llama Wrangler
  • AYU - The BLUE BIRD in my life
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 07:10:24 PM »
This has happened to me a couple times, and the only thing I can figure out is that for me it happened when I had just finished re-decorating their houses.  Since then, in new game files, I have just returned on another day to start the romancing and I've been fine.  This, however, did not work for me if I flirted right after a renovation, and then returned the next day.  The flirting could not be associated with a job.
I don't know if it has anything to do with jobs or professions.  ??? I only have Base Game + WA and my game's updated to the latest patch, but it happened to me too. A sim would do romantic interactions with another sim, and for a split second it turned from "<sim1> thinks <sim2> is OK" to "<sim1> thinks <sim2> is flirty" but after that split second, it'd be back to "OK". I tried doing more romantic interactions but it didn't help at all.  :( Now those two sims can't woohoo if they can't raise it to "Incredibly Irresistible"... And for your information; only one of those sims had a job, and that sim worked part time at the spa and he hadn't gone to work even once yet!
I think it has to do with the patch; I have no custom content or mods either, except for items from the store.
If you are afraid of changes
Watch me at a distance
Whether or not I may do something
I'm talked about behind my back
Let it be

Offline jestina

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 11:55:17 PM »
I couldn't figure out what happened to cause the problem but that game was ruined. After trying everything I could to try and fix the problem, I just gave up and trashed it.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 01:50:04 AM »
Did anyone figure out what caused this problem? My first thought was the star signs that were introduced (and perhaps their starsigns are incompatible)... Did star signs come with night life? I got a whole bunch of expansions at once, so I'm not sure.

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2011, 02:23:51 AM »
Yes, Star Signs came with LN.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2011, 03:12:32 AM »
Did anyone figure out what caused this problem? My first thought was the star signs that were introduced (and perhaps their starsigns are incompatible)... Did star signs come with night life? I got a whole bunch of expansions at once, so I'm not sure.

The star signs wouldn't cause things to go from flirty to okay.  The star signs are just random things and have no impact on anything, really.  If they happen to have "compatible" signs, they get a double ++ for the relationship bar and that's about it.

My best advice for the original problem is to go back to some friendly interactions.  Get the relationship bar up.  I have a married couple who suddenly couldn't woohoo in the shower and I couldn't imagine why.  Turns out they haven't been spending much time together and their relationship bar dropped drastically.  They were only barely friends, if that.  Using friendly interactions, especially the ones that give double ++, got them back on track.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Chuckles_82

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2011, 05:41:52 AM »
Even with needs fine, mood maxed and relationship maxed they kept flicking to flirty for a split second after romantic interaction, then going straight back to 'okay'. I've seen a lot of topics on a search, but most of them fairly old, and no fix. Apparently it hasn't been fixed with patches either. Fortunately I hadn't gotten very far with my game, so I'm starting over. I wasted a whole bunch of time before realising it was a glitch of some sort. He was trying to romance Madison VanWatson (not my choice really, just building up LTR points) - she's not unflirty or commitment issues. She is childish, but I've never seen that be an issue before.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2011, 06:08:54 AM »
Even with needs fine, mood maxed and relationship maxed they kept flicking to flirty for a split second after romantic interaction, then going straight back to 'okay'. I've seen a lot of topics on a search, but most of them fairly old, and no fix. Apparently it hasn't been fixed with patches either. Fortunately I hadn't gotten very far with my game, so I'm starting over. I wasted a whole bunch of time before realising it was a glitch of some sort. He was trying to romance Madison VanWatson (not my choice really, just building up LTR points) - she's not unflirty or commitment issues. She is childish, but I've never seen that be an issue before.

My suggestions is go to a bar, order a Romantic drink and flirt while drinking. It always works for me.

anything