Author Topic: Tourist boyfriend gone, relationship still on. Help!  (Read 7062 times)

Offline jazzibg

• Nooboo
Tourist boyfriend gone, relationship still on. Help!
« on: July 02, 2013, 11:19:37 AM »
Okay so my sim started going out with this tourist guy, she was just about to ask him to marry her and he ran away to go "home"(wherever that may be). He disappeared from relationships but according to the scrapbook , he is still her boyfriend! Now she wants to be with someone else and cant because of this existing relationship. Please help?

Offline Wai

• Immortal
Re: Tourist boyfriend gone, relationship still on. Help!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 12:33:05 PM »
I'm not sure of this, but, if you start romancing someone and you are already in a relationship, don't you get an option to "break-up with x"?  I have never had my sim in a similar position so, I am not sure.

I take it that your romantic interest comes from one of the WA locations.  I once had one of my sims marry a WA character and have a child without even knowing about it.  It was most inconvienient as I had her lined up for marriage to a carefully chosen local sim.  I knew which town the unexpected husband lived in so, I went to edit town in that location and evicted him (and sadly the child too).  I left them on the clipboard when I saved the town and returned to my game.  Every vistage of them was erased.  Of course, they need to be a housed sim, not a homeless sim, to do this.

I see that you say the tourist is no longer in the relationship panel.  So, have you tried just starting a new relationship?  Isn't the scrapbook (which I keep turned off) just memories? 

If this problem is just a glitch, then, resetsim xxxx xxxx may fix it, or alternatively, using edit town to evict your sim family then immediately replacing them in their current home often fixes glitches.  But, I would think that whatever you do, the memory will remain in the scrapbook until, if you so wish, you manually delete the memory.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jazzibg

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 01:34:48 PM »
The second panel in the scrapbook tell you what relationships are ongoing and it still tells me i have 2 relationships

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 07:31:11 PM »
The boyfriend doesn't show up even in the greyed out travel section of the relationship panel?  That's strange indeed.  With the new smartphone you might have been able to send him a break-up text if you could find his portrait.

If you have University Life you could have your sim learn the social engineering skill.  At a certain level she might be able to alter her relationship with him using the relationship transmogrifier.

If your sim can travel you could try going to his homeworld and seeing if he appears in the relationship panel there.  Then you could invite him over and break up with him.

You could also try and see if you sim can become the girlfriend of a different sim in her hometown.  I'm not sure if it's been fixed, but the game often has difficulty keeping relationships straight between travel worlds and the home world.  I've heard of husbands/wives not being recognized from one to the other, so there's always a small chance her invisible boyfriend might not register in her homeworld. 

Oh, and like Wai said, you could try briefly playing as the new boyfriend's household and having him ask your lady sim to break up with x.  You could also try having him move in with her and then asking her to break up with the invisible man, but I don't know if that option works if both sims are in the same household already.

Offline jazzibg

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 07:37:57 AM »
Oh yes i should probably mention, i have every single expansion installed EXCEPT for world adventures. So i think he is just from another time. i cant see him anywhere except the scrapbook and under my family relationships it shows him as her boyfriend.

Dellena

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 04:28:43 PM »
If you don't use a mod, then here's how I'd fix it.

If you have family relations living in the town, move them in with you.  If you have dead relations in the cemetary, go get their urn/headstone and put in your inventory.  This will preserve the family tree.

Then use the "move to a new town" feature and move.  I don't know if it will allow you to move to the same town you're in (but it would be a fresh copy).  If it won't, simply pick any world that you have available.  Once that move is completed, move again back to your original world (but again, it will be fresh).  That SHOULD wipe all relationships that you have unless they are in your household (or an urn/headstone in your inventory).  Then you can cheat your relationships back with friends, the boyfriend, etc.  I think it would be the only way to fix it without a mod.  Hmmm, does the dead guy have a headstone in the cemetery?  Or was that asked already?

anything