Author Topic: Bringing families in from other towns?  (Read 1859 times)

Offline alisonclaire

• Nooboo
Bringing families in from other towns?
« on: July 24, 2011, 01:17:25 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have a question that is probably a little silly with a very obvious answer, but I can't figure out how to bring families say, from Riverview into Sunset Valley!  For instance, if I wanted to bring the Caliente sisters from Barnacle Bay to Riverview, how would I do that?

Another question, now that I am thinking of it:  I created a family with the intent of having the little girl be the beginning of a dynasty.  I created everyone else just to take screencaps of her with her parents and grandparents.  However, I did not save a version of her as a young adult in CAS!  Now, I can only find the whole family in the bin.  Is there anyway to edit the whole family in CAS and age her up to YA?  I have tried to move in the whole family somewhere and then rapidly age her, but I ended up with a very glitchy sim and issues getting traits to stick. 

Thanks everyone!

Sportsfan

Re: Bringing families in from other towns?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 01:32:33 PM »
You could turn on testing cheats and then shift click the girl and click edit in CAS. And if you don't want the others in the family, just drag their hunger bars down to zero. (they'll starve)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 01:56:34 PM »

As for aging the girl, you almost did it.  I would make a test neighborhood you don't intend to keep.  Move the family in, but don't age the girl there.  Just have her to go a mirror and change her appearance.  When you're given the CAS screen to change her appearance, save her to the sim bin.  Then go into CAS and look in your pre-made child sims.  She'll be there for you to age up to YA and make any other changes you want to.

As for moving families, I've never actually done it, so I'll let someone else help with that.

Sportsfan

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 10:38:53 PM »
Here's an article from the guide with instructions.

anything