Author Topic: Hybrid sims are called Occult  (Read 14491 times)

Leto85

Hybrid sims are called Occult
« on: July 24, 2011, 06:18:36 PM »
I know we all call crossbreed sims (mummy-sim, simbot-sim, Imaginary Friend-sim) hybrids, but according to the game their is another term for those sims: Occult sims. I've find that out when trying to give the Occult simbot sim Tavara Jolina, which Saltypaws had uploaded to the Swapshop a makeover. As I've already thought giving a makeover was not possible, but I didn't know I got this explanation after clicking on 'Get Makeover From...': ''Occult Sims cannot receive makeovers.''
The fact EA has given these sims a name does make me think the ability to get those isn't a bug after all, either a very, very hidden ability.

So you all know: It's occult, not hybrid. ;)

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
Re: Hybrid sims are called Occult
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 10:13:56 PM »
Occult means hidden art (usually refers to Magic/Magick, but meanings differ). Because these are, of course, hidden races, I see where EA was coming from. What about when you try to give a makeover to a different race? Are they also Occults or Mummies/Simbots/etc.?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 11:02:19 PM »
Occult is the blanket name given to all non Sim lifestates in the Sims 3, the game recognises them as simbots or mummies, not as hybrids. TS3 Hybrids are basically broken occults. It was the same in the second, which, by the way, went waaay overboard with (proper) hybrid possibilities (such as vampire plantsims) Why do you think there is so few intended hybrids (anything+ghost, really) in the Sims 3? Disappointing that Imaginary Friends can`t become hybrids with either vampires or mummies, though. Also, children of vampires/imaginary friends are true, non glitched occults as far as I am aware, although I don`t doubt that there are bugs that change that.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 01:46:32 PM »
I think the hidden traits determin if a Sim is an Occult. You can set the LN Bar Access Ropes to allow Occult Sims Only I think.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

VampirePlasma

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 01:53:09 PM »
Yes you can, but I don't think it works completly. I think Plasma 501, is a vamp Lounge but  "human" sims can still get in.
I also didn't know what occult sims were. It was like bad rep for "Whooing with Occult." and I was like Occult. Now I get what that means.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 01:58:49 PM »
Carlos explained it excellently, and the only thing I can add is the definition of the word "occult" in the dictionary. ;D

1.  Of, relating to, or dealing with supernatural influences, agencies, or phenomena.
2.  Beyond the realm of human comprehension; inscrutable.
3.  Available only to the initiate.
4.  Hidden from view; concealed.

Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

anything