Author Topic: Crossbreeding foreigners  (Read 6037 times)

Leto85

Crossbreeding foreigners
« on: July 07, 2011, 12:37:03 PM »
Is it possible to crossbreed foreign sims? I have a sim who's father is half Egyptian and his mother fullbreed Chinese. He only has inherate two songs from Egypt and he doesn't eat with chopsticks, which I actually was hoping for he would do.

CarlosLordofTacos

Re: Crossbreeding foreigners
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 12:45:11 PM »
Try having the sim eat Chinese food, I don't think they use chopsticks for everything.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 01:20:03 AM »
Try having the sim eat Chinese food, I don't think they use chopsticks for everything.

Sims from China do eat everything with chopsticks.  It's a hidden trait called "Asian Culture."
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Leto85

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 03:42:12 AM »
Sims from China do eat everything with chopsticks.  It's a hidden trait called "Asian Culture."

Exactly like I thought. Because the Chinese sim who joined the family did eat everything with chopsticks, from cookies to Angle Food Cake.
Probably explains why they will do 5 hours at least to eat soap with chopsticks, but that's another story. :P

I've heard that getting this hidden trait is only 50%.

And if sims do, do they need to have all the benefits from the Asian Culture at once? Because my sim who was partly French only inherated the ability to go to French cheaper ($800,- simdollars or so?), I didn't saw him doing the special double kiss.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 04:42:24 AM »
My cross bred Chinese didn't eat with chopsticks, so it must be very random.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 01:46:02 AM »
My cross bred Chinese didn't eat with chopsticks, so it must be very random.

The likelihood of passing on a cultural hidden trait is no better or worse than any other hidden trait.  When I first got WA I had my first traveling sim marry a man from China.  They had 3 kids and only one ate with chopsticks.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 05:45:08 AM »
The likelihood of passing on a cultural hidden trait is no better or worse than any other hidden trait.  When I first got WA I had my first traveling sim marry a man from China.  They had 3 kids and only one ate with chopsticks.

Because of this, I suggest saving before Trying for Baby with the foreigner, Leto. So that you can go back to the old save in case the child doesn't eat with chopsticks.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything