Author Topic: How to keep the party where you want it?  (Read 3375 times)

VampirePlasma

How to keep the party where you want it?
« on: July 06, 2011, 03:09:37 PM »
It seems like everytime I throw a party (I am sure it isn't only me) the guest arent where I want them, they usually scattered all over the place, doing what they want. Sprinklers, hot tub or playing video games. I do put music and ect. Any tricks?

Sportsfan

Re: How to keep the party where you want it?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 04:03:55 PM »
You could put walls all around them to keep them in one place. Seriously, you could just have your parties at a community lot. Or if you don't want the guests going inside the house you could jus lock/remove the doors.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 05:06:33 PM »
I haven't really had a ton of experience, I don't mind wandering guests, but maybe you could try serving a meal early in the party and using the Call to Meal Everyone interaction, or whatever it's called, that you get when your sim clicks on the group meal dish.  That would get everyone in the room to eat, and if there is enough entertaining stuff in the room, hopefully they won't leave.

Offline Laurencius

• Llama Wrangler
  • Come for the gas, stay for the hummus!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 05:16:54 PM »
What I do is that I arrange it so that the first area that the guests come to in the house is the party area. That usually means that I set up the front lawn as the party zone, I put a stereo out and have it on, and have my host sim there dancing before the first guest arrives. When the guests start to arrive I have my host use the "call over to dance" option and get all the guests dancing. I may have another household sim close by either playing with a sprinkler, sim gnubb set or a foosball table and have him or her use the "ask to join" option on guests.

After all the guests are busy dancing or playing, I then bring out the birthday cake or meal and get all the guests celebrating and eating. I set up tables in the front lawn so people can eat there.

Normally all the guests stay in the front lawn having fun, unless one has to go to the bathroom. The parties almost always turn out epic. The key is to keep all the guests busy and their hunger/bathroom needs met. There is a guide on throwing parties here (in case you haven't seen it): http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/info/party.php

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 10:30:18 PM »
I normally invite a number of guests equal to the number of  Child or older members of my household. Each one will keep one guest occupied in some way, with occasional tradeoffs to keep people from getting bored.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 04:06:27 AM »
I usually purchase the "Legendary Host", so that the party is always "epic". I also serve nectar personally to every one when they first arrive; and keep trays of nectar around the house. The "Legendary Host", also ensures getting invited to parties : "I'm having a little get together and heard you know how to throw a party".

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 04:32:39 AM »
Party guests tend to congregate around the host of the party when they first arrive.  Put your host wherever you want the party to be and that will probably help.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.