Author Topic: Moving to Summerhill Court  (Read 7645 times)

Sportsfan

Moving to Summerhill Court
« on: June 30, 2011, 09:02:34 PM »
When I was moving from my starter house to a bigger lot, I was going to choose summerhill court (I forget the number) (it's the biggest lot in the game) it wasn't under the empty lot tab during the move and instead was under the house tab. I had no problem finding it but I was just wondering why it was there. By the way, I was moving from the computer.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
Re: Moving to Summerhill Court
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 09:26:00 PM »
If you've been playing a neighborhood awhile, that will happen.  I suspect the game moved someone onto that lot at some point so it became a "house" the same way an empty lot becomes a "house" just because you move a sim onto it.  That sim probably moved on to something, well, constructed, but the game still recognizes it as a house.  I think that's how it works, anyway.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sportsfan

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 10:49:50 PM »
I didnt have a great introduction to sims home buying. In my very first game, I made 2 sims in CAS and tried to find an empty lot in sunset valley for them to move into. The map only showed prebuilt houses and even when changing the filter to only empty lots there were none I could move into. That was weird but I never had any problems like that again.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 03:36:28 AM »
There are seed spawners just next the 15 Summercourt Hill lot. Their radius overlap into the lot, so that, sometime, a seed is spawned on the lot. When this happen, the empty icon is changed to empty house. As soon as you have 1 thing (other than the trashcan and the mailbox) on an empty residential lot, the game considers it as "built". You can always bulldoze an "empty house lot" to remove anything that has spawned on it.

I have trouble sometimes to move new CAS sims into emtpy lot. I find the user interface is not 100% clear on that. What works great normally is to hit: Change Active Household (big house round button in Edit Town) => Move in Sim (and you pick up your Sims in the household bin). This way, you can choose empty lots too.

Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Sportsfan

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 10:32:59 AM »
Thanks I'm not seeming to have a problem now, but that could really hurt me when I start my immortal dynasty.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 10:45:44 AM »
Thanks I'm not seeming to have a problem now, but that could really hurt me when I start my immortal dynasty.

Unlikely. That is if you plan on following the rules to the letter. You start at 15 Summerhill Ct right out of CAS and never move.

Sportsfan

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 12:08:30 PM »
I meant not being able to find it when moving in a household.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 01:35:29 PM »
I meant not being able to find it when moving in a household.

That's not going to happen since you're choosing it on Day 1.

Sportsfan

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 01:46:34 PM »
This happened to me my first game on day one. Just forget about it, I'm not having the problem anymore.

Offline SimPoseyYum

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 02:20:52 PM »
I didnt have a great introduction to sims home buying. In my very first game, I made 2 sims in CAS and tried to find an empty lot in sunset valley for them to move into. The map only showed prebuilt houses and even when changing the filter to only empty lots there were none I could move into. That was weird but I never had any problems like that again.

The same thing happened to me on my very first attempt and it didn't happen again until I uninstalled and re-installed the game.  When trying to determine if there were any commonalities to those two experiences, I remembered that each time, I had the Tutorial on.

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say they (EA) assumed new players would want to get right to playing, not home construction.  Thus, they steered the Tutorial toward buy a house, buy a piece of furniture then get right to live gameplay.  After completing the tutorial, construction opens up.  I don't remember an in-game tutorial for construction.

That's my theory, anyway.

Sportsfan

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 07:28:44 PM »
That seems to make sense because it fits with everything they happened to me. Thanks, I was wondering if it was a bug. That means no bugs in my game! (yet)

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 07:35:58 PM »
If you don't know how to exit the tutorial, just go to edit town and it'll ask you if you want to exit the tutorial, just say yes. ;)

Sportsfan

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2011, 07:48:57 PM »
Its just the lessons for me that are annoying now, but I'm too lazy to turn them off. Edit town is bottom left corner of screen, right? Somewhere near options button?

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2011, 07:50:59 PM »
If you select the Options Menu (F5 or the three dots button), Edit Town will be one of the selections.